Alexander is on the way

API50

With his parents already in Auburn, Alexander is on his way for a visit tomorrow. Listed now as a soft verbal to UAT, it will be interesting to see what his decision will be.

I'm thinking (and very much hoping) we can pull him to us. Getting him to come on the visit was a HUGE step. That's also a sign that we have a decent shot of getting him.

I don't know how many of you remember the stories from while he was being actively recruited, (it's been a while), but he seemed very indecisive. He kept changing his leaders. BAMA.. AU.. BAMA.. AU.. and then when Tebow went out of the picture for Bama... he committs to bama hoping for a shot at QB.. Now they're signing a real QB (or 2?) and he's looking out the door again and seeing us.

I guess that pretty much confirms that UAT was selling an opportunity to play QB. That's pretty much what I figured anyway. Maybe he would have gotten a shot, maybe not. I think he can see what we have done with the likes of Courtney Taylor and the opportunities for him on the Plains...

Guest Tigrinum Major
Seems uat may have a second Texas QB in the wings for '07 class.

215242[/snapback]

That kid's dad was just hired at Baylor, which adds a different dynamic to the recruiting process.

EA told Tim Watts this morning that he had a bball game last night in Dothan and one today...and that him going to AU were just rumors.

But Tim Watts said in addition to that that the AU writers were telling him that EA was already there.

Who knows at this point?

Anybody else feel like recruiting is getting weirder and weirder?

He was telling the truth about having a game last night and then one today, he played last night in my hometwon Dothan, (although i went to northview), and he plays today at home today vs. Kendrick. I dont think this totally rules out a visit since phenix city is so close to auburn, but it def. makes all those rumors about him visiting sound like just that, rumors.

Central highschool basketball schedule

it has been confirmed numerous times that EA is in Auburn today. He came after his bball game last night - is leaving this afternoon to go to his game tonight, and is then coming back.

if he is not in AU - the Auburn rivals writers are flat out LIEING about him . .which I don't think they are . . .

if he is not in AU - the Auburn rivals writers are flat out LIEING about him . .which I don't think they are . . .

215290[/snapback]

Scout is also confirming that he's taking an official visit today.

You just never know with these kids. I bleed AU so its easy for me. AE and others receive royal treatment by each school. No wonder they are torn and sometimes easily swayed. It helps when they have some tie at a school to tip the balance. AE just may have his heart set on playing QB. UAB or Troy may be his best opportunity at that position. AU, UAT, and others see his potential at other positions. Just talk to Jimmy Johns at UAT. Never even a real chance at QB because of existing and future talent at that position. I would certainly like to see him at AU -- ah la Courtney Taylor. AE and Hawthorne would let AU have potentially a great class at WR.

skull, while i understand where you are coming from in your post...you are mistakened in regards to jimmy johns. He worked out all summer at qb and approached the coaches about playing other positions because he wanted to get on the field as a freshman.

skull, while i understand where you are coming from in your post...you are mistakened in regards to jimmy johns. He worked out all summer at qb and approached the coaches about playing other positions because he wanted to get on the field as a freshman.

215344[/snapback]

Yes.He willl play probably RB.

BamaGrad, Johns had unrealistic expectations about competing at QB in the SEC. I feel sure that all SEC schools had him penciled in at RB. I feel pretty confident that Bama used the QB card to get a signature. Anyway, I do think you probably have a future star over there who will be a force to reckon with at RB. AE is undergoing the same struggle in evaluating where he fits and what position he will play. I challenge anyone to name an SEC school where he will have a shot at starting or backing up at QB.

EA told Tim Watts this morning that he had a bball game last night in Dothan and one today...and that him going to AU were just rumors.

But Tim Watts said in addition to that that the AU writers were telling him that EA was already there.

Who knows at this point?

Anybody else feel like recruiting is getting weirder and weirder?

215284[/snapback]

Yes Sir...every year.

:au::homer:

BamaGrad, Johns had unrealistic expectations about competing at QB in the SEC. I feel sure that all SEC schools had him penciled in at RB. I feel pretty confident that Bama used the QB card to get a signature. Anyway, I do think you probably have a future star over there who will be a force to reckon with at RB. AE is undergoing the same struggle in evaluating where he fits and what position he will play. I challenge anyone to name an SEC school where he will have a shot at starting or backing up at QB.

215377[/snapback]

I saw Joimmy Johns play in the Alabama-Mississippi All Star game his senior year. It was OBVIOUS that this guy wasn't going to beat anybody with his arm. There was no doubt that he was a good D1 prospect, but even a casual football fan could tell that it wasn't going to be as a QB. Even with the defense limited as far as looks and blitzes, he was rattled and panicking back there. Of course, he was able to recover through sheer athletic talent.

I don't know if UA sold him on a dream of playing QB, but I can't imagine him not knowing that his future was somewhere else.

if you're black, and you play qb, then you might want to check out the history of black qb's at the crapstone....it ain't pretty

215462[/snapback]

I'm certainly no historian of AU football, but the only two I remember are Walter Lewis and Andrew Zow.

Lewis played for the bahr back when they still ran the wishbone. He probably didn't throw five passes a game. He was a decent wishbone QB.

The only decent game I remember Zow having was in the Iron Bowl his senior year. He had a career day, but he was barely mediocre the rest of his career.

Have there been any more.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Have there been any more.

215464[/snapback]

Someone on another board once referred to Freddie Kitchens as a black QB.

if you're black, and you play qb, then you might want to check out the history of black qb's at the crapstone....it ain't pretty

Seriously? Thats about the most ignorant post ive seen from you. And thats saying a lot.

Our leading passer going into this season was a black QB and played his last game just 5 years ago.

I think Zow was a sad case. He had ability and was a great qb, good awareness.... Most bama fans I talk to agree that he should've never sat the bench the way he did. Too bad he never really got to be a full time starter.

I think Zow was a sad case.  He had ability and was a great qb, good awareness.... Most bama fans I talk to agree that he should've never sat the bench the way he did.  Too bad he never really got to be a full time starter.

215514[/snapback]

He was our full time starter in 2000 when we went 3-8.

I think Zow was a sad case.  He had ability and was a great qb, good awareness.... Most bama fans I talk to agree that he should've never sat the bench the way he did.  Too bad he never really got to be a full time starter.

215514[/snapback]

215529[/snapback]

I have learned BamaGrad, you cant argue with them. They know all. Its kinda like trying to pick a fight with a brick wall.

215514[/snapback]

215529[/snapback]

I have learned BamaGrad, you cant argue with them. They know all. Its kinda like trying to pick a fight with a brick wall.

215765[/snapback]

I have found that arguing with red bricks & white mortar is futile. :big:;)

Archived