Brodie "WrongWay" Croyle

LegalEagle

I didn't see it mentioned here, but Croyle, the great UA QB screwed up his entrance at the Senior Bowl.

He came out of the endzone with the greatest crowd noise of any other player. When he got to the middle of the field, he turned the wrong way and trotted up to the North sideline! He was there alone, facing a sea of white unis. :slapfh:

He didn't do very well in the game. I saw one guy touch his arm and he folded for a sack like a cottontail with a load of #6's in him.

The way he played it appeared that he was just too darn nervous being surrounded by 3 or 4 AU helments in the huddle! I'm surprised he didn't fall down every time they huddled! :lol:

I guess it's a good thing McClover was a junior and thus, unable to particapate. Can you imagine if he had to come back to the sideline to see McClover waiting for him?

I guess BC going to the wrong side might steer NFL scouts away since he apparently has trouble reading the field. :D

:homer: Doh!

He didn't do very well in the game.  I saw one guy touch his arm and he folded for a sack like a cottontail with a load of #6's in him.

215581[/snapback]

He didnt do well in the game? Statistically he was the 2nd best QB in the game. 6-11 for 77 yards and a 36 yard Touchdown.

Compare that to Jay Cutler: 6-19 for 69 yards

Shockley: 2-7 13 yards

Hackney: 3-6 42 yards

Robinson 1-3 9 yards

And the south Oline flat out sucked. None of the QBs had any time.

He didn't do very well in the game.  I saw one guy touch his arm and he folded for a sack like a cottontail with a load of #6's in him.

215581[/snapback]

He didnt do well in the game? Statistically he was the 2nd best QB in the game. 6-11 for 77 yards and a 36 yard Touchdown.

Robinson 1-3 9 yards

215584[/snapback]

BAMMER NEWS FLASH -

Our QB played even better than a Vandy QB! That makes him great! Better than great - Hell, he was second best!! Fitting for the second best school in the state!! :banghead:

Croyle the most overhyped under performing qb in the sec. Won't play a down in the NFL regular season unless injury or big lead forces it.

And since the media made sure to point out he received the biggest cheers and

ink, he can get credit for losing the game as well. Hey Ringo which quarter did the south win?

I didn't see it mentioned here, but Croyle, the great UA QB screwed up his entrance at the Senior Bowl.

He came out of the endzone with the greatest crowd noise of any other player.  When he got to the middle of the field, he turned the wrong way and trotted up to the North sideline!  He was there alone, facing a sea of white unis. :slapfh:

The way he played it appeared that he was just too darn nervous being surrounded by 3 or 4 AU helments in the huddle!  I'm surprised he didn't fall down every time they huddled! :lol:

215581[/snapback]

Uh...We're allowed to make mistakes sometimes. :D

He came out of the endzone with the greatest crowd noise of any other player.  When he got to the middle of the field, he turned the wrong way and trotted up to the North sideline!  He was there alone, facing a sea of white unis. :slapfh:

The way he played it appeared that he was just too darn nervous being surrounded by 3 or 4 AU helments in the huddle!  I'm surprised he didn't fall down every time they huddled! :lol:

215581[/snapback]

give him a break...he did go to Alabama :poke:

215581[/snapback]

Robinson 1-3 9 yards

215584[/snapback]

The consensus among all non-Alabama fans is that he looked pretty horrible in the game, but had a decent week of practice.

I thought he was the one player on the field who looked like he didn't belong there.

Of his six completions, three were screens, one was a four-yard slant, one was an 11-yard curl and the other was a "wing and a prayer, hope somebody catches it" fling -- kind of what he made his reputation on at Bama. Not impressive in the least. The other five passes he threw were so horribly off, it was difficult to determine who the intended reciever was.

If you watched him and thought he looked like NFL material..... well, I just don't know what to say about that. Take off the homer glasses would be my first thought.

Don't be so hard on the young man. One of his 11 passes did go for 49 yards. This was the longest pass play of the entire game.

OH, by the way, it was caught and returned by a member of the North squad ---- :poke::roflol:

BAMMER NEWS FLASH -

Our QB played even better than a Vandy QB! That makes him great! Better than great - Hell, he was second best!! Fitting for the second best school in the state!! 

The one who is supposed to go in the top 10 in the draft? He may play for vanderbilt, but he's still good. Unless you are ACTUALLY suggesting only good players come from traditional powerhouses.

Ghost:

you left out the 36 yard touchdown pass. Unless you felt that was the one that was a "prayer"...as it was a perfect lead to an open wr in the end zone.

Say what you want about Brodie, but Mel and everyone else who was down there this week said he improved his status from 5th round to possible early 2nd round.

I dont know how you go 6-11 for 77 yards and a 36 yd TD pass ...and have it be considered a "horrible" performance.

The lone INT he threw was a prayer because it was 4th and 17 and they had to go for it late in the game. Thats pretty much the case with most 4th and longs when a team is down big.

BTW who is involved in your "general consensus"...couldnt be :gasp: AU fans could it?

I thought Brodie played the best out of all the South qbs. He really raised his draft status now that he was able to throw to receivers that could catch a football.

BAMMER NEWS FLASH -

Our QB played even better than a Vandy QB! That makes him great! Better than great - Hell, he was second best!! Fitting for the second best school in the state!! 

The one who is supposed to go in the top 10 in the draft? He may play for vanderbilt, but he's still good. Unless you are ACTUALLY suggesting only good players come from traditional powerhouses.

Ghost:

you left out the 36 yard touchdown pass. Unless you felt that was the one that was a "prayer"...as it was a perfect lead to an open wr in the end zone.

Say what you want about Brodie, but Mel and everyone else who was down there this week said he improved his status from 5th round to possible early 2nd round.

I dont know how you go 6-11 for 77 yards and a 36 yd TD pass ...and have it be considered a "horrible" performance.

The lone INT he threw was a prayer because it was 4th and 17 and they had to go for it late in the game. Thats pretty much the case with most 4th and longs when a team is down big.

BTW who is involved in your "general consensus"...couldnt be :gasp: AU fans could it?

215618[/snapback]

Actually the 36 yard TD was overthrown and would have been an incompletion in the NFL because Moss was so overthrown that he had no chance of getting a second foot inbounds.

PS: Ryans looked like garbage all week.

BAMMER NEWS FLASH -

Ghost:

215618[/snapback]

Actually, no it's not AU fans. It's everybody who isn't wearing crimson.

As for the 39-yard pass, it was terribly thrown. There's no way you can consider that a "perfect lead". The receiver was wide open -- had a ten-yard cushion. Yet he had to make an acrobatic catch just to drag one foot down. In the NFL, that's an incomplete pass. I'm sorry, but I could have thrown that one better.

You use the stat 6-11, but fail to note that three of the passes were thrown behind the line (screens), one was four yards (slant) and the other an 11-yard curl. BG, I hate to disappoint you, but I could have thrown those too.

Five times he attempted to go downfield. One was picked off, four others were so off the mark, the announcers couldn't say who the intended receiver was. One went to a 25-yard halo of green grass. Again, BG, I could throw the ball that poorly.

I know you like the kid and want him to do well. I've got nothing against him either, but he simply looked like crap yesterday to any but the predjudiced eye. If Brodie's a bonafide pro prospect, I'm getting my old jersey out. I got a future ahead of me, too.

This Link suggests that Croyle did fine.

I hope he ends up having a good NFL career. The only knock on Brodie from scouts is his pedestrian like stature. Of course that can be changed. Most of what i read says that scouts are impressed by his arm strength and his intangibles.

You guys wear your orange shades too much B) Did alot of you forget they are running an offense that they learn in about one weeks time? Give me a break, Croyle did the best of all the South qbs....including Shockley.

I didn't get to watch the game, so I can't rightfully comment on how Croyle looked. I did however check out Mel Kiper's breakdown of the players. Here's his on Croyle.

NOTE: The article linked is to a premium service, but you can read the first part of the write up for free, member or not, thus making it a legal link.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/ins...%3fid%3d2305922

As I stated, I didn't watch the game, but Croyle is getting high marks from most of the talking heads.

Congratulations! You know more than people who were actually AT practice all week. Hell you know more than Mel Kiper Jr...wow...what a worthless post.

Congratulations! You know more than people who were actually AT practice all week. Hell you know more than Mel Kiper Jr...wow...what a worthless post.

215655[/snapback]

actually, BG, i think most any rabid college fan in the country knows more than mel kiper jr. He's just one man with one opinion, just like you or I. Only difference is, he gets paid for his opinion, we don't. LOL I only saw half the game yesterday because the auburn basketball game was on when the senior bowl started.

From what i saw, none of them looked very good, but in an all-star game like this, with trying to get so many playing time, I would imagine its difficult to establish a rhythm of any kind. And what the heck was up with Cutler being on the NORTH squad. Every other team in the SEC had their players on the SOUTH squad like they belong....That didn't make sense to me at all...

Obviously you saw a great performance by one of your own...I'm sure you also see him as a starter in the NFL, (probably his rookie season, right), and leading his team to 10 super bowl championships.. Who knows how it will turn out Its all a crap shoot, and NO even Kiper doesn't know what will happen...

215655[/snapback]

Did you even watch the practices? I saw the LB segment with Mike Singletary, and Ryans was getting ripped up by Singletary. He looked ridiculously slow and unagile going through the LB drills and Mike was verbally upset at him. At one point Ryans started the drill and Mike was just like "What? I never told you to begin." Infact, the best LB during that drill was easily Travis Williams.

Look, I'll admit that I didn't watch every LB segment from the week (I did however watch most of the segments on NFL Network), but from all accounts Ryans had a less than stellar week of practice. If thats not enough, he also looked bad (for a supposed 1st round talent) during the game. I remember him getting burned by Dominique Byrd for a 30+ yard pass completion where Ryans wasn't even CLOSE. Ryans is a hyped as a guy that is "around every play" yet I barely noticed him at all, your other SR LB (Roach) looked much better and much more active. I'm not even going to bother listening to anything that Kiper says about Ryans, because he has a huge hard-on for him (Kiper has Ryans as a Top 10 player in his rankings). Ryans will drop in the draft, I dont see why he wouldn't:

-Measured in smaller than expected at the Senior Bowl

-Had an Average AT BEST week of practice

-Had a subpar performance at the Senior Bowl itself

-Will lay a brick at the combine, theres already speculations that he runs around a 4.7 40..for an undersized OLB, that is absolutely brutal.

Kiper nails the draft almost every year. Tom Lemming doesnt know much about recruiting, but Mel knows a LOT more about the draft than any of us do.

And in the least he was at all the practices and none of us were.

Obviously you saw a great performance by one of your own...I'm sure you also see him as a starter in the NFL, (probably his rookie season, right), and leading his team to 10 super bowl championships.. Who knows how it will turn out Its all a crap shoot, and NO even Kiper doesn't know what will happen...

I never said he had a great performance. But according to all who covered the practices, he had a great week.

And for him to move his potential draft spot up from the 5th rd to possibly the 2nd...he sure as shootin didnt have a dismal week like all you guys want to suggest.

Infact, the best LB during that drill was easily Travis Williams.

Then I guess Ryans will go in the 4th round instead of the 1st round huh?

You can say all this about Demeco...but he's a dead on straight up 1st round pick who had a more than stellar college career. So either Im an idiot, Mel's an idiot, and the NFL team that drafts him in the first round is full of idiots...or you are a little biased. I think the latter is more reasonable.

Kiper nails the draft almost every year.

Timeout, Timeout

According to what?

BTW, I agree with you about Brodie but this Mel Kiper nails the draft comment....give me a break

He picks a prospects...reviews their stats....throws some cliches...and thats about it.

If you seriously believe that Kiper is some "draft god" then you truly are lost. Any draftnik will tell you that Kiper is nothing more than a pawn.

Hey, guess who Kiper was super hyped up about last year? Mike Williams. :rolleyes:

Archived