Brodie "WrongWay" Croyle

LegalEagle

He didnt do well in the game? Statistically he was the 2nd best QB in the game.

In a normal football contest, the 2nd best QB statistically is not something to be proud of.....

215670[/snapback]

In a normal football contest 6 QBs who are probably going to all be drafted dont take snaps...and dont rotate every 15 plays. But seriously, nice try.

Well lets see how his top 10 compare to the real top 10...

215669[/snapback]

BG, i imagine he'll do fairly well with the top 10, but not because of personal knowledge. He'll get them right because of his position, and the contacts he has with the management/coaching staff of the NFL franchises. Again, put anybody with decent football knowledge (or one with none) in his position, with his contacts, and i'd iexpect this person would do just as well as Kiper...

BG, i imagine he'll do fairly well with the top 10, but not because of personal knowledge. He'll get them right because of his position, and the contacts he has with the management/coaching staff of the NFL franchises. Again, put anybody with decent football knowledge (or one with none) in his position, with his contacts, and i'd iexpect this person would do just as well as Kiper...

Well it doesnt really matter whether or not Kiper ACTUALLY EARNED the knowledge he professes on tv. If coaches, scouts, or ESPN researchers gave him the info...it doesnt matter...that information is delivered to us through him as a medium. And that information says Brodie had a good week...and that Demeco is at worst the 3rd best LB in the draft.

It's actually hard not to feel sorry for this guy because he's in a no-win situation. No one is going to pick the draft selection right, and he has to give it a shot as part of his job description. The sympathy factor is reduced, however, because Kiper really puts stock in his selections and expects everyone else to as well.

The trouble is, he rarely gets it right.

If we go to the tape, stats from the combine show that this year, Kiper picked the right draft number for the right player in the first round exactly four times, based on his April 7 preview. That's four out of 30. Average on the year? .133. Not so hot for a front-line analyst.

http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/DB/issues/9...ts.shapiro.html

He's not a psychic. Its not about picking the absolute right player at the right spot. Its a matter of properly evaluating overall talent and getting players in the right round, number, etc.

I mean good god half the draft is based on what teams ahead of you do. If ONE team picks differently than expected, it shifts things all over the place.

But its not like the people he pick in the top 10 end up in the 5th round.

My point about Mel Kiper was simply to support my notion that the bama players have had a good showing in senior bowl practices and the game. If Kiper says Demco goes to Oakland at the 7th pick (oakland is just a team example) but he goes to Miami as the 8th pick...that doesnt TOTALLY negate my point that he's a good player.

If brodie moves up from the 5th round to the mid second round instead of early 2nd round...that doesnt negate the fact that he had a good showing.

I used Mel Kiper as an example. Many other sportswriters have been saying the same thing all week. Mel is merely the most visible.

It's actually hard not to feel sorry for this guy because he's in a no-win situation. No one is going to pick the draft selection right, and he has to give it a shot as part of his job description. The sympathy factor is reduced, however, because Kiper really puts stock in his selections and expects everyone else to as well.

The trouble is, he rarely gets it right.

If we go to the tape, stats from the combine show that this year, Kiper picked the right draft number for the right player in the first round exactly four times, based on his April 7 preview. That's four out of 30. Average on the year? .133. Not so hot for a front-line analyst.

http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/DB/issues/9...ts.shapiro.html

215680[/snapback]

Well, this shows that Kiper isn't dead on with the player and the #selection, but it doesn't show that his selections are rarely ever one or two spots off. Like Pcola said, Kiper has his inside info and uses it mostly. He knows the top players on most teams boards, and basis his mock draft on that information. If you watch the draft this year, he'll tell the viewers just that.

And that information says Brodie had a good week...and that Demeco is at worst the 3rd best LB in the draft.

And we care, because???

Brodie Croyle trotted onto the field to a big ovation and a greeting from the University of Alabama band before the Senior Bowl.

Then, the ex-Crimson Tide quarterback made a beeline for the sidelines - the wrong sidelines.

He threw for a 30-yard touchdown pass but was also intercepted. A sheepish Croyle found a different culprit for his pre-game goof.

"The dang band, man, they pointed toward the opposite bench so I took off toward the bench," he said. "Then I got over there and I was like, 'How am I going to play this off?' I should have gone over there and shook some people's hands or something."

Instead, he just reversed course and joined his own teammates.

There's your Bammer education on display! :roflol:

With the Alabama band performing before the game and little protection from the offensive line, it almost seemed like Croyle was back in Tuscaloosa. He was sacked twice on the opening series of the fourth quarter with the South facing a big deficit.

But he's hoping he improved his draft position. Croyle is projected as a likely middle-round pick.

"For the most part, I had a pretty good week," he said. "There's always going to be things you're going to need to work on. I'm sure Brett Favre will tell you there's some things he can work on."

I hope he left his phone number so Brett can call on him! :comfort:

And we care, because???

Im guessing someone cares since I didnt bring it up first...ya'll did.

If Brodie is second round talent, the NFL should shut down now.

Yeah...i guess they should not draft him just because you are an AU fan. :P

Come on man...just because you dont like him doesnt mean every NFL scout and sportswriter out there is wrong.

BG, dont worry about it bud. Anyone who knows a lick of football can tell that Brodie had a great day running an offense that was a week old under his belt. He impressed professional scouts with his ability through the week.

DeMarco will do his best in the NFL. He wasn't one of the top LBs in the conference by playing "lousy" now was he?

And the south Oline flat out sucked. None of the QBs had any time.

215584[/snapback]

Well, under those circumstances, I would certainly expect Brodie to outdo the others...he had the most experience with offensive lines that suck! :poke::big:

215584[/snapback]

Well, under those circumstances, I would certainly expect Brodie to outdo the others...he had the most experience with offensive lines that suck! :poke::big:

215745[/snapback]

heh...touche'

Guest Tigrinum Major
BG, dont worry about it bud.  Anyone who knows a lick of football can tell that Brodie had a great day running an offense that was a week old under his belt.  He impressed professional scouts with his ability through the week. 

DeMarco will do his best in the NFL.  He wasn't one of the top LBs in the conference by playing "lousy" now was he?

215696[/snapback]

Who are you and what have you done with vatz?

BG, dont worry about it bud.  Anyone who knows a lick of football can tell that Brodie had a great day running an offense that was a week old under his belt.  He impressed professional scouts with his ability through the week. 

DeMarco will do his best in the NFL.  He wasn't one of the top LBs in the conference by playing "lousy" now was he?

215696[/snapback]

Who are you and what have you done with vatz?

215776[/snapback]

Dont worry, he'll be back tomorrow B)

He didn't do very well in the game.  I saw one guy touch his arm and he folded for a sack like a cottontail with a load of #6's in him.

215581[/snapback]

He didnt do well in the game? Statistically he was the 2nd best QB in the game. 6-11 for 77 yards and a 36 yard Touchdown.

Compare that to Jay Cutler: 6-19 for 69 yards

Shockley: 2-7 13 yards

Hackney: 3-6 42 yards

Robinson 1-3 9 yards

215584[/snapback]

He should be used to playing behind a O-Line that sucks! :roflol:

regardless of croyle's draft status and the way he played the game, he made a mockery of himself for the second time in 3 months on national tv. the first was a druming by the :au: football team. the second, still dazed and confused from the first, he went to the wrong sideline. heck, the local newscast (p.s. sports coverage in the pnw sucks) in portland showed it.

do you think the microphone was molded in to him after that sack?

Man, I hate Brodie Croyle with every inch of my existance.

I'm not too extreme of a :homer: cause I was really happy to see Roman Harper do well in the game (really just because I know him personally).

Brodie Croyle just has a look that says "Punch me, I deserve it."

Did anyone hear him on the sidelines?

"Man, that dang wind just took 'it. Psheeew!"

Spoken like a true Bammer.

Geeze BG, how do you stay sane? Let it go already...as much as you love to argue, it's pretty much pointless after 3 pages don't you think?

Geeze BG, how do you stay sane?  Let it go already...as much as you love to argue, it's pretty much pointless after 3 pages don't you think?

216039[/snapback]

Almost as pointless as this thread. The kid has been through enough in his four years at bama and I hope he does well in the NFL or whatever he does.

Archived