Rose recommits!

c-zoner

There saying on rivals that Rose has recommited to Auburn! Can anyone that pays for rivals confirm this?

There sayin on the bunker that rose has recommited, i cant read what there saying i can only read the titles of the posts

Bryan Matthews has confirmed Rose has contacted the coaches and has recomitted to :au:

Will he stay? If he does, man are we looking very good.

i don't think it was hawthornes decision that affected Rose's rethinking... just says basically that after a call from Borges and Tubs, a good talk made him decide AU just feels more comfortable. and he's 100% sure supposedly.. so this is GREAT news

dkw, i got ya...

According to Rivals.. The WR rankings go...

Tim Hawthorne #4

Chris Slaughter #13

Terrell Zachery #21

Alex Rose #47

edit: so you could look at it as 2 of the top 13! ..or.. 3 of the top 21! ..or.. 4 of the top 50!

edit#2: Rivals > Scout

Scouts player rankings suck either way.

I really like Rose, seems like an underrated talent with great physical ability. I've also heard that the offense that they ran at his school was very run-oriented.

I think Rose was a kind of plan b for the noles. I read somewhere that they got a committ from a guy (wr) in the past couple of days. I think they were just trying to use Rose a little to their advantage, like some extra insurance. I think that he saw this when he got back home and wanted to call the AU coaches.

Thanks guys, We can all agree that we got some folks to throw to this year. With CT, PR, and RS we are loaded at WR.

Scouts player rankings suck either way.

I really like Rose, seems like an underrated talent with great physical ability.  I've also heard that the offense that they ran at his school was very run-oriented.

215990[/snapback]

Who cares what they are ranked. Clearly the potential is there. :au::au::au::au:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...6700.xml&coll=2

Rose, No.47 on Rivals' list of receivers, committed to Auburn and then reneged to announce he would attend Florida State. Monday's reversal brought the 360-degree flip flop to an end.

He changed his mind, he said, after speaking with assistant coaches Al Borges and Greg Knox as well as Tuberville, according to Rivals.com.

"They called and we had a good talk," Rose said. "I'm back committed to Auburn now. I just felt more comfortable at Auburn."

Rivals reported Rose asked one of his coaches at First Coast High School to call the Auburn staff Monday to see if the Tigers would have him back.

"I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn now," Rose said.

So how does this crop of receivers compare, overall, to the year we signed Aromoshodo, Obamonu, & Mix?

I think it compares very favorably. AU is now LOADED at this position. In addition to Courtney Taylor, we have Prechae Rodriguez, Montez Billings, and Robert Dunn that came in last year alone.

That is what makes the Bama posts about Tim Hawthorne even funnier. PT from the wide receiver postion this year is going to be very hard to come by. Auburn was in very good shape BEFORE this class came in. Now, they will be off the chart at this position.

Wouldn't you LOVE to be in Brandon Cox's shoes about now?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Mix was signed in 2001. The other two were from 2002, which also included Lee Guess, Troy Bergeron, and a little known Safety from Carrollton, AL by the name of Courtney Taylor.

Hard to beat that group, but I hope these guys pan out as just of good of players and, more importantly, people.

Let's not forget Rodgeriqus Smith. 6 catches, 109 yards, and 8 yds on the one reverse they let him run. Would it be accurate to say that, by virtue of letting a freshman run a reverse in _any_ game, the coaches must regard him as somewhat of a playmaker?

Regardless... we're stacked. And next to our stacks... are more stacks. And on top of those......

What about Lee Guess? :big:

216198[/snapback]

great point.

i believe that leaves only james swinton, about whom i know nothing, although he's currently listed just above montez billings on the spring depth chart.

anybody have any thoughts on him?

also, does anybody know the correct way to pronounce "prechae"? i'm currently going w/ "preh-chay", but i've also heard "pree-chay", "pree-shay", and "preh-shay"

Archived