Peanut to Make Decision At High Noon

LegalEagle

West End High School's Deantwan "Peanut" Whitehead, ranked among the nation's top defensive ends, is scheduled to make his choice today at noon at his school. He says he is considering Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisville.

Is this one on the radio?

Do't know the answer to that but I'll say soon as rivals says so!

216249[/snapback]

By all means, please do. :)

:au::homer:

West End High School's Deantwan "Peanut" Whitehead, ranked among the nation's top defensive ends, is scheduled to make his choice today at noon at his school. He says he is considering Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisville.

Is this one on the radio?

216243[/snapback]

It will be on the radio in B'ham and also on the recruiting premium sites.

Does anyone know if WJOX has an internet feed?

NOTE TO ALL:

1. To keep the thread from getting pounded by simultaneous replies, I'm designating AuburnGrad'02 to be the one to make the announcement on the thread. Please, no one else try to say where Peanut goes at the same time. It just slows the board to a crawl.

2. IF HE DOESN'T CHOOSE AU, PLEASE DON'T POST DEFAMATORY REMARKS ABOUT THE KID, HIS CHARACTER OR ANYTHING ELSE. LEAVE THAT TO BAMMERRAG AND PLACES LIKE THAT.

Thanks.

NOTE TO ALL:

2.  IF HE DOESN'T CHOOSE AU, PLEASE DON'T POST DEFAMATORY REMARKS ABOUT THE KID, HIS CHARACTER OR ANYTHING ELSE.  LEAVE THAT TO BAMMERRAG AND PLACES LIKE THAT.

Thanks.

216258[/snapback]

We are Auburn people.

NOTE TO ALL:

2.  IF HE DOESN'T CHOOSE AU, PLEASE DON'T POST DEFAMATORY REMARKS ABOUT THE KID, HIS CHARACTER OR ANYTHING ELSE.  LEAVE THAT TO BAMMERRAG AND PLACES LIKE THAT.

Thanks.

216258[/snapback]

We are Auburn people.

216261[/snapback]

Oh well...can't win them all, unless it's 2004! :D

Good luck to him....

He would have been a good pick up. At least he was smart enough to stay away from the mullet nation. :au:

I think they got a great one. Someone who could be a monster in the Julius Peppers mold. Is planning to play a little basketball too? That would make Louisville a little more attractive.

Gotta give Petrino credit. He may be the best coach in college football right now. No offense to TT or to other AU fans who think you have to be on the payroll to be considered for "best coach right now."

Too bad. I hate losing (potential) stud d-line and o-line guys. That's the heart of a football team. I think we have some great d-line guys here and coming, so this doesn't hurt too bad, but we will never know.

I think his family and friends wanted him at UA, he was leaning more AU, but didn't want to hear it for the next year (until the next Iron Bowl) from his friends. So he chose the Cardinals.

Oh well, we have another D-line on the board. Good luck Peanut.

Wow! That is a shock. I really hoped we could get him.

Petrino must have developed some strong relationships during his one year in Alabama. He seems to do a great job of recruiting here. At least Peanut won't be playing in the SEC.

Good luck.

Is planning to play a little basketball too? That would make Louisville a little more attractive.

Gotta give Petrino credit.

216278[/snapback]

So Peanut might have one coach named Petrino and another named Pitino?

I'd pretty much stay confused year-round....

i'm shocked that whitehead went there because it really limits your chances to be on national tv and stuff like that. no matter what you do at louisville from now on, you are one loss away from being out of the national title picture and two losses away from people making fun of you going into the bcs. that's life in the big east.

bobby petrino is a good coach, but it's waaaaay overboard to say he's the best coach in the nation. he had one great year at louisville (11 wins), but in that same year, his best wins were boise state, north carolina, and memphis. you'll have to excuse me if i'm not terribly impressed. this year, they stepped up the schedule (barely) and lost to the best two teams in the conference (south florida and west virginia) despite having at least equal talent to both (probably better). then they went to a bowl against vatech and got kicked around for 3 quarters, made a comeback, and still lost.

my point is: petrino has beaten NO ONE as a head coach. in his first year, he won 9 games and none of the wins came against teams with a winning record. after three years, his signature win is still boise state in the liberty bowl. let him actually DO SOMETHING before you crown him the king. i can think of three guys in the sec alone i'd rather have than him (richt, spurrier, and tubby). petrino is an accomplished offensive coordinator that is hands down one of the best in the nation, but he's done nothing to say he's an elite head coach yet.

"Gotta give Petrino credit. He may be the best coach in college football right now." I know you have the right to a different opinion, but i want a second opinion from the Univ. of South FL (!). Name 1 player on USF's roster...quick.

Petrino is a brilliant OC that has surrounded himself w/ solid assistants. Paterno, Coker, Richt, Tressel and Carroll are on different coaching planets than Petrino. If we're talking coaches @ challenging programs like Louisville, Oregon's HC, TCU's HC, Fresno State's HC and Cal's coach are still much better.

Archived