Looks Like Deas Is Coming To LSU!!

genuinelsutiger

My only question about Peanut's decision was whether or not he got wind of a change in DC and the uncertainty led him elsewhere.  Gibbs does not give off the vibe of being a good recruiter.

217007[/snapback]

While I don't think Gibbs is a recruiter either, the main reason Whitehead is at Louisville is the Prop 48 thing. He can play right away as a partial qualifier in the Big East. Thanks to you David for that information.

320612.jpg

So is this guy a player, or a playa?

• 8 months later...

Surprise, surprise...wonder why I'm bringting this back?

Turns out Charles Deas didsn't make it into LSU (no surprise), he then appearently fell off the edge of the Earth as there was no news of him going to JUCo or Prep. Well out of nowhere, Deas has now showed up at Milford Prep and has already gained some PT even though he isn't anywhere near game shape yet (listed at 6'4 350lbs). The interesting part: LSU appears to have no interest in bringing Deas back this year and he has yet to recieve any offers. He currently lists UF, Nebraska, and Pitt as his Top 3 (those are the three that have contacted him so far) but essentially he is fair game again. Theres no doubt that this kid was a stud DT, if he gets his grades in order (which he says he is on track for achieving) could we see us potentially get back in on him? Remember that Bo Harris is also at Milford Prep and could relay some info back and forth. Deas came from Dillard (big AU Connection) and is good friends with Pat Sims (also from Dillard) who has turned his life around at AU.

Just something to look out for.

367326.jpg

Deas in a recent Milford Prep game.

Uh oh...it might be looking good that we are getting a stud from Milford (well another one..you get the idea)

FWIW posts on deas were censored on another board because "just trust me on this one"..

Not sure what that meant

Was that at the Scout board? Because I originally brought up Deas there as well before I left for class this morning and I've noticed that the talk generated suddenly stopped by the time I got back.

If so, credit me with the assist of being able to read a free article and putting two and two together. :cheer:

Archived