Bye

Thanos

From my point of view, this is a free site and my access to it is a privilege.

If the man who is paying for this site wants to control the content, then it is his right to deny my privilege.

My right of free speach ends when someone else is paying the bill. This ain't the Government we are talking about here.

If you don't like the site, bugg off and good ridence. Go start your own site where you are in control.

I appreciate the effort and financial support that make this site possible.

I am extremely grateful for the priviledge to access this content and post my views.

Thanks WEN !

Other than folks wanting orange jerseys, I think we should be able to speak our minds. If I say something (else) ignorant, the replies to my post may help enlighten me. But on the otherhand, "Ignorance is Bliss!" *grin*

GO BIG BLUE

Thank you for all of the opinions expressed here. We have rules here and some of them aren't going to please everyone. I don't apologize for it, because making everyone happy would be an impossible task anyway. If we had no rules at all, that would make a sizable portion of the board unhappy as well.

Despite what some of you may think, this isn't a heavily moderated board. Sure, there are spells where there's more activity in that regard than others, but in general, people are given a pretty wide berth here. For those who prefer something closer to a free-for-all, there are at least two other Auburn boards on the web that I can think of right away that would probably be better suited to your personal tastes. While you're welcome to stay here and post within the guidelines we've set down, you just might be happier somewhere else. Please explore those options.

And for the record, if we deleted any negative or "dissenting" thought, Thanos would have about half the number of posts he has now. If you don't believe me, click HERE, for a search of all of his posts. About every other post of his is critical of Auburn or the coaching staff in some form or fashion. Now, if we're such Nazis, crushing negative thought at every turn, how do you suppose all those posts are there?

I just dont think you should be so eager to show everyone the door. Cause eventually everyone will get the point that you guys really only want mods and admins here.

I'm not eager to show people the door. There are some things we can compromise on and some things we won't. Since we aren't going to agree on this particular subject, he has a couple of options. He can either continue to post here within our rules, or he can go somewhere that fits his preferences better.

I hold no animosity toward him. I just think he's overstating the "problem" and my link showed that to be true. We can't be all things to all people.

To all you complainers:

:violin:

Most of us couldn't care less about your little feelings getting hurt over a stupid post on a message board. Especially non-Auburn fans!!!!

There are way more inportant things in this world!

Stop your crying, and leave. We don’t need a Dear John Post or drive-by attacks on the Mods or Admn. or any member for that matter!

Either play by the rules without all the belly-aching and name calling when you don’t get your “wittle way,” or take your ball and go HOME!

:byebye:

Boy this is really great. We are fighting among ourselves and the bammers love it. I HATE seeing some of these posts showing up on bama boards. :angry:

Like David said, this forum is called the Football Forum and arguments about what the rules are, criticism of anyone, etc., should be done in the Woodshead. What is so unreasonable about that? And I don't mean to throw rocks in glass houses because David and/or Titan have sent me to the woodshed several times.....and I deserved it.

Well if he didnt want an argument about the rules on this board b/c its the football board, he wouldn't have pinned the rules of the board at the top. As for complaining about the rules... i think there should be some but it shouldnt be posted as it is at the top of the board maybe as a link on the home page. I just dont think whenever there is a conflict that arises, the first thing an admin tells you is if you dont like it we certainly dont want you here. I think they should try and resolve. The i dont care what you have to say whether your feelings are hurt nor what i did to bother you etc etc. you dont like it leave attitude, seems to be running a lot of people off. I would say work it out or at least attempt to before sending people away. Last i checked this board prides itself on how many members it has and how busy the board stays with posters and posts, not by seeing how many people you can run off cause they dont share the same exact opinion as you do. If you dont think thats the case please note....im not a mod anymore.... i had a differing opinion and that was frowned upon.....

My vote:

Freedom of speech unlimited. If someone does not like what someone else says, let them respond in kind.

Never liked reading that someone had a post deleted or moved. We're all capable of ignoring it if we don't like it.

JMO

I disagree barner. I think there should be some limitation on cursing. A hell here and a damn there are ok but vulgarity shouldn't be tolerated especially directed at someone else on the board. Nudity, off limits.

One thing that bothered me was the locking and deletion of the rumors. I saw one rumor that was up for about 2 min the other day. I just happed to be refreshing and saw it and then saw it quickly be deleted. It was stated as a rumor, only a rumor and according to the "guidlines" it should have been allowed. refer to my earlier statements.

Rumors are also included in this. If it is a rumor and stated as such then what is the big deal? It's not fact, it doesn't claim to be. If the media picks it up and runs with it then that is the fault of the media. We can't be blaimed for their ignorace. This board is not media, it is an opinion and discussion board. Rumors are discussion and should be open to opinion.

David and the mods are not counselors volunteering their time to solve disputes. David posted HIS rules and if we want to post here than we should abide by them. I don't agree with them all either but I don't know why everybody is making such a big deal about it.

If somebody invites you into their house and tells you what the house rules are then you should abide by them. It seems pretty simple to me.

I disagree Weagle98. I want cussing and nudity. If I can't get it, I'm gonna take my game and go home. Just kidding...

Shouldn't we be more worried about beating Bama than all this CRUD (see no cussing)...

Well if he didnt want an argument about the rules on this board b/c its the football board, he wouldn't have pinned the rules of the board at the top. As for complaining about the rules... i think there should be some but it shouldnt be posted as it is at the top of the board maybe as a link on the home page. I just dont think whenever there is a conflict that arises, the first thing an admin tells you is if you dont like it we certainly dont want you here. I think they should try and resolve. The i dont care what you have to say whether your feelings are hurt nor what i did to bother you etc etc. you dont like it leave attitude, seems to be running a lot of people off. I would say work it out or at least attempt to before sending people away. Last i checked this board prides itself on how many members it has and how busy the board stays with posters and posts, not by seeing how many people you can run off cause they dont share the same exact opinion as you do. If you dont think thats the case please note....im not a mod anymore.... i had a differing opinion and that was frowned upon.....

tigger,

It was pinned, not to start an argument, but to remind everyone of the rules that had been mentioned before and to note a clarification on the rumor issue.

And you are exaggerating the issue. We don't tell people to leave "the first time a conflict arises." Just because you aren't privy to every conversation or explanation given to someone, don't assume it's the first time it has come up.

There are a lot of varying opinions on this board. If you don't think so, click the search on Thanos' posts. I could also give you a handful of other names to search if that doesn't suit you. But sometimes, posts will be deleted. Them's the breaks.

Bottom line is this: we have very few rules. We've tried hard not to have many of them because we don't want to be deleting things all the time. The rules have been given thorough consideration and input has been received from many people on them. We're comfortable with the rules we have. If someone has a problem with a rule, or feels one has been misapplied, a mod or admin is a PM away. All they have to do is ask for clarification. If the explanation doesn't make them happy, or if they'd rather post some dissertation on how we're all a bunch of Nazis and thought police, then all I can do is wish them well wherever they choose to post in the future.

I totally  have to agree here.  I am not a mod here  anymore and part of the reason is being unable to post like  a normal human being.  I mean the thought  that we have to  have a rules of the board pinned up at  the top of the board telling you what and  how  you can post  is a bit ridiculous.  I too  took a break from this place  and it  did  some  good, but my dipleasure of   how  somethings are  handled  here  still remains.  I was a member  of the old war eagle nation longer than the owner  and  at least one of the admins,  and i was told if   I didnt like the  way things are handled  i could leave...(and i was a  mod).  It is the inability  to adjust to another opinions that makes this board blah.Its a my way or the highway attitude  for some b/c this  happens to be the only thing they can control.

My absolute last post in the Shed on this matter.

How long have I been on WEN? Long enough to actually have realized that some really sorry people were trying to start UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS (get the hint) that WEN was going down. Just the usual internet lies. Most know the story, I wont repeat it.

I have been slammed for being to restrictive. Its my my dime, more or less, and I guess I can act as I choose. I choose to support the AU Family. If you find a freer board to cruise go for it. I hear they have a board in AOL and over at al.com that might suit you 'love to smack talk' folks. TI is available for $36 bucks a year, deleted posts and getting banned are free there. Go to Bamamag and you will be screened before you can post there too.

This board is not for wannabe and myself alone. We just got lucky and the forum almost literally fell in our lap because it was basically left without an administrator. In short, it was hacked and left to die.

We (the whole AU Family) are welcome here and rivals are welcome here too. I think we have a grand total of 10 usernames (stupid stuff like 'firetuberville') banned We have very few email accounts banned from maybe 2-3 posters. We have banned some aol and other servers to protect the site from a hacker.

Btw, Wannabeaumom is the relatively new admin Tigger (welcome back) pointed out. She is the Boss, and sleeps with the owner nightly. ;) I made her an admin because...I wanted to, and she can do some admin stuff from work if we need it done. Esecially concerning pictures and jpegs, etc. My lovely wife is a graphics artist among other things. Any questions?

I reviewed the "Rules of Happiness on WEN" and will again I am sure but for the life of me I cannot see what is that restrictive.

Is it the no cussing, no name calling, no nudity? I bet not.

Is it the no slam players rule? If it is, get a life.

Is it the No Link, No Post rule? I bet that is part of it. That has been informal/formal WEN policy for almost a year now. I thought it was policy on old board too. If you have to give a link, then that kinda weeds out the fecal matter around here. And believe me, we have some bovine fecal matter artists around here too.

The speculation, criticism stuff is okay with me but after a day or so it was just on the level of Elvis and the Aliens. The wilder the better I guess was the rule for some. Fran to AU...GET SERIOUS PEOPLE. Every person with a keyboard became a Finebaum wannabe (sorry Baby). Please consider this not a put down at all of anyone. If I didnt like the debates, I could easily turn this into Dave.com in about 10 minutes. If you think I love the hours of programming, debugging, etc for the NEGATIVE AMOUNT OF MONEY GENERATED HERE, I suggest you open your own site and experience the joys of the longest hours and most expensive hobby I have found.

Post what you wish, just say it in a civilized way. No "You SUck, No You Suck" threads here tho. Stay away from Gossip. Remember they are stilll kids, and that we will get through all this.

Archived