Couldn't resist posting my little slugger's pics

abrnfanatc

Thank goodness for the third picture. I was thinking "Is there a kid under that helmet? Or did your wife give birth to a cute little torso?" :blink::big: Don't blame you one bit - safety first!

That is awesome. Every dad's fantasy, huh, being his kid's coach? Do you see any big league potential? Signed him up for the Noaln Ryan Express Baseball camp yet? :big:

I am sure wannabe will post some pics very soon. I ended up asst coaching Ethan's tee ball team. It has been fun watching them learn how to play.

Hey, at least he is starting out on the right team! :thumbsup: Red Sox. I had coached American Legion ball before, but when my son turned 4 a few years ago, I had the misfortune of being suckered in to managing his 5-6 team. In the league he played in at Hartselle, they use pitching machines instead of tee-ball for 5-6 (alot of other leagues are starting to go to that). Let me just say that after that year, I have not coached him since and I have told him I never will again until he gets older. Some guys have what it takes to work with kids that young and some don't. I ain't too proud to admit that when it comes to a group of kids that young, I ain't got it. I'll work with my son one on one and then when he turns eleven, I will think about coaching him then.

The wonderful thing about when they are that young is that if you can get past the few parents that think their kid is already ready for MLB, they are a joy to watch. I will probably never laugh so much while coaching again. Make sure you keep those pictures in a safe place because you will enjoy looking at them time and time again.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Make him tuck that shirt in so he will look like a professional.

T ball is fun as long as you use it to teach kids how to play and not worry about winning. I have seen too many kids get ruined by coaches that teach them to swing "up" rather than level or (this one is my personal pet peeve) teach their infielders to roll the ball to 1st.

Throw the ball! The first baseman (and every other kid) needs to learn how to catch!

Ok, rant off.

Cute kid. Teach him to swing level and watch the ball meet the bat. Oh, yeah, ad listen and watch the base coaches. And not to throw behind the runner until after coach/machine pitch.

Ok, rant off for real this time.

Cute kid.

Make him tuck that shirt in so he will look like a professional. 

Funny thing is that when we had that shirt tucked in you couldn't see the number and it looked like he was playing for the "Ed So"

T ball is fun as long as you use it to teach kids how to play and not worry about winning.  I have seen too many kids get ruined by coaches that teach them to swing "up" rather than level or (this one is my personal pet peeve) teach their infielders to roll the ball to 1st. 

Throw the ball!  The first baseman (and every other kid) needs to learn how to catch!

Ok, rant off.

Cute kid.  Teach him to swing level and watch the ball meet the bat.  Oh, yeah, ad listen and watch the base coaches.  And not to throw behind the runner until after coach/machine pitch.

Ok, rant off for real this time.

Cute kid.

233698[/snapback]

He likes to tomahawk at the ball, so I have been working on getting him to swing level.

Thanks for the kind words though.

Archived