Found This Blurb on AU Ticket Sales

RadioWryn

Student basketball tickets to be offered on an individual game basis for 2006-07.There will be NO student season tickets. Please check back for the most up to date information beginning July 14th.

How stupid is this? Since students are the only people that ever come to games anymore, let's make it even harder for them to come to the games.

That is crazy man! I would be upset too. Yes, Auburn's fan support at basketball games is horrible. I guess they don't mind if it gets worse. I have tried on several Auburn boards to raise awareness for our other sports, particularly basketball, and not very many people even respond. It is really dissapointing that Auburn people and the university don't seem to care that much about basketball. The sport could be a huge moneymaker and be really fun to go to games if the atmosphere was done right. I don't know what it will take to get Auburn to wake up and realize there is more than just football.

As I recall, I paid $25 for a season ticket that got you into all mens and womens games... versus $2 a pop for single admission. I guess it's good if you only wanna go to the Bama game or whatever, but the 3 basketball nuts at the school are out a little extra money.

• 1 month later...
Student basketball tickets to be offered on an individual game basis for 2006-07.There will be NO student season tickets. Please check back for the most up to date information beginning July 14th.

How stupid is this? Since students are the only people that ever come to games anymore, let's make it even harder for them to come to the games.

242190[/snapback]

I have learned from a friend within the athletic department that the first 500 students will receive free admission to all mens basketball games for the 2006-2007 season.

242190[/snapback]

I have learned from a friend within the athletic department that the first 500 students will receive free admission to all mens basketball games for the 2006-2007 season.

Good idea.

Archived