AU wants to be a winner

BamaFan3

For years the Auburn family has tried to find the ingredients to become a winner. They have searched long and hard. They have hired and fired coaches , they have recruited talented players. But something is missing. Auburn wants so badly to be what Notre Dame and Alabama once was. They see Oklahoma and USC and they want to be looked upon in the same light. They want so badly to replace Alabama as the # 1 program in the state. But something is missing. Something that runs far deeper than talented recruits , capable coaches and preseason rankings. What does Auburn lack that other programs have ? Very simple. Auburn has no class and no pride. Bear Bryant said that you have to have class and pride to be a winner. He preached class and pride. It's obvious that Auburn down through the years has had no class or pride. They are angered and paranoid at other programs who have class and pride.

The Auburn athletic director David Housel has no class or self respect. He is a classless red neck with no morals and his obsession with the University of Alabama is obvious. Instead of worrying about what the University of Alabama is doing he needs to find self respect. His mentality has trickled down and spread through out the Auburn program for years. It's surprising to me that Auburn wants to fire Tommy Tuberville. He models the Auburn program because he has no class or pride. Programs like Penn State and Notre Dame will one day return to their glory because they have class and pride. Alabama will be back because it has the class and pride to do it. Alabama will be back sooner than most people think. Meanwhile Auburn will continue to struggle to become an elite program and try to find the ingredients to become a winner. There is no quick solution for Auburn to find class and pride. Someone near the top would have to make changes and bring in people who have class and pride. It will be difficult for Auburn to find these kind of people because of the reputation it has. Perhaps one day the Auburn program will find the ingredients to become a winner and join the elite of winning college football programs. Until then it's life as usual on the plains.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for a good laugh... moron...

Sadly, you believe what you typed, but the truth is, Auburn has more class in its left hand pinky finger than uat has ever had.

Pride and class do not lack at AU, luck does. You have to be lucky and good and we are not a lucky university. Plain and simple...

Next time try the Woodshed for this kind of crap (if it hasn't already been moved)... which it has.

That is the most unadulterated bunch of bull**** I have ever read! Fellow, your Bear was an alcoholic, a womanizer, a gambler, a brutal coach with no concern for a kids life as demonstated by the film "junction boys", and yet you can actually claim that Auburn has no class!!! Then follow that by years of cheating which finally led to your demise, conbined with coaches turning down jobs at your "beloved school". IF this is class, then I am damn glad we don't have any!! Write it down! Too many of you snot nosed kids h ave grown up spoiled in this state by the Beah and others and have no idea what a struggle is nor do you identify with the underdog. Must be nice to live in that castle padded with velvet! As for pride and "Class", they are simply words your Coach used when it served his purpose. He demonstated less real class than anyone I know and as for pride, yes, he was a prideful person as demonstrated by Coach Jordan's comment about him. He said: "Bryant is a vain SOB!" He was right !You people make me sick and your day is coming! You WILL be taught humility, how to lose, and how to appreciate what you have. I hope you suffer until you do! "War Damn Eagle'

A wise man once said that if you feel the need to point out your own class or the lack of someone else’s, you never had any to begin with. They both should speak for themselves!

That is the most unadulterated bunch of bull**** I have ever read! Fellow, your Bear was an alcoholic, a womanizer, a gambler, a brutal coach with no concern for a kids life as demonstated by the film "junction boys", and yet you can actually claim that Auburn has no class!!! Then follow that by years of cheating which finally led to your demise, conbined with coaches turning down jobs at your "beloved school". IF this is class, then I am damn glad we don't have any!! Write it down! Too many of you snot nosed kids h ave grown up spoiled in this state by the Beah and others and have no idea what a struggle is nor do you identify with the underdog. Must be nice to live in that castle padded with velvet! As for pride and "Class", they are simply words your Coach used when it served his purpose. He demonstated less real class than anyone I know and as for pride, yes, he was a prideful person as demonstrated by Coach Jordan's comment about him. He said: "Bryant is a vain SOB!" He was right !You people make me sick and your day is coming! You WILL be taught humility, how to lose, and how to appreciate what you have. I hope you suffer until you do! "War Damn Eagle'

Amen.

Bear was not a good person, coach yes, person no.

I agree completely...I mean look at UGA...we have more class and pride than any other fan could possibly begin to understand. Coach Richt turned UGA around and look where we are now. I'm gonna have to agree with this Alabama fan. I have never in my life met an Auburn fan with any class and it's impossible for them to have pride so I don't really hold that against them. However I have met quite a few Alabama fans that did have class.

selling your championship rings is class?

half your team getting busted for smoking weed is class?

if that's your definition of class . I'm glad we are considered classless in your eyes . .

I agree completely...I mean look at UGA...we have more class and pride than any other fan could possibly begin to understand. Coach Richt turned UGA around and look where we are now. I'm gonna have to agree with this Alabama fan. I have never in my life met an Auburn fan with any class and it's impossible for them to have pride so I don't really hold that against them. However I have met quite a few Alabama fans that did have class.

Good lord shut up.

The sheer irony of an person from a school who is on probation for cheating speaking about class and pride is almost too sad to be funny.

The sheer irony of an person from a school who is on probation for cheating speaking about class and pride is almost too sad to be funny.

Not sad but purely ignorant...

You would think having class would be not talking about it all the time!!!! I hate bama fans over the age of 22. <_<

The sheer irony of an person from a school who is on probation for cheating speaking about class and pride is almost too sad to be funny

I agree about the class thing being stupid, but what does being on probation have to do with anything?? Do you honestly think bama fans sent in money to help recruit players with? I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BAMA'S PROBATION!!! I did not send money to any player to play at UA. A person with more money than brains is behind all of this, so why does every bama fan get slammed with this crap?!?! Here's an idea, how about telling all the AU fans you know that they lack class and pride because of the way they are treating Tuberville. :roll: :roll:

I agree completely...I mean look at UGA...we have more class and pride than any other fan could possibly begin to understand.  Coach Richt turned UGA around and look where we are now.  I'm gonna have to agree with this Alabama fan.  I have never in my life met an Auburn fan with any class and it's impossible for them to have pride so I don't really hold that against them.  However I have met quite a few Alabama fans that did have class.

Good lord shut up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: . I hear you sl. Good luck shutting her up. Hopefully when she is old enough to realize what a fool she has made of herself at wen enough time will have passed and she won't remember her time here at all.

ugachick talking about classless reminds me of what you said to the AU woman at the uga game. "Pot meet kettle." :roll:

As for class, Auburn fans have way more class than Georgia fans (see the hose incident) and I guess UGA fans were showing their pride when they were leaving in droves during the 1999 Auburn game and yelling out insults at their players.

I hope Terry Bowden is right about one thing; I hope Garner is a dirty, cheating SOB and I hope Georgia ends up in the same spot as Bama. Half of the "proud" Georgia fans out there probably would not even attend the games.

I agree completely...I mean look at UGA...we have more class and pride than any other fan could possibly begin to understand.  Coach Richt turned UGA around and look where we are now.  I'm gonna have to agree with this Alabama fan.  I have never in my life met an Auburn fan with any class and it's impossible for them to have pride so I don't really hold that against them.  However I have met quite a few Alabama fans that did have class.

Good lord shut up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: . I hear you sl. Good luck shutting her up. Hopefully when she is old enough to realize what a fool she has made of herself at wen enough time will have passed and she won't remember her time here at all.

ugachick talking about classless reminds me of what you said to the AU woman at the uga game. "Pot meet kettle." :roll:

Do you seriously think I care what a bunch of people who have nothing to do than post a bunch of crap on some message board think of me?! Definitely not...get a life.

Good lord shut up.

Do you seriously think I care what a bunch of people who have nothing to do than post a bunch of crap on some message board think of me?! Definitely not...get a life.

Don't you have some teeny bopper friends you can go play with and leave us alone? We prefer mature teenagers here who can partake in intelligent conversations.

Well I see the Auburn class is showing. I get called a moron for stating my opinion. Try to at least leave an argument instead of a one sentence ramble. I was not even talking about the fans. There are classless fans from every school. Although Auburn seems to have more than it's share of classless fans. But you would like think an athletic director , someone in a high position at an academic institution would have more self respect and class than to attack another school. But at Auburn it's common place. I doubt you will ever hear anyone like Vince Dooley or Mal Moore make the kind of comments that David Housel likes to make. They have more class and pride in their school than to do that. David Housel as an athletic director should be held in a higher regard. He is supposed to be more professional and not act like one of the kids in the stands with face paint. That's why the Auburn program is a loser. It's obvious the classless mindset of the Auburn program spreads throughout from it's coaches to it's players and down to it's fans. Maybe one day Auburn will find a leader that has enough class and pride to lead it to the next level. Maybe even a little class and pride will rub off on it's fans. Until then Auburn will continue to be next year's team.

Here is a great example. I'll let this one speak for itself.

:lol:

spoken by a fan of one of the three biggest mullet nations.........

Archived