Maybe the wrong people are leaving this team?

Tygerman34

Is it the coach, or can the players not live up to his standards? We all know this program has never been where it could be. What will it take to rise up to at least the middle of the conference? We cannot continue to have players leave. Is the Coach just not a good recruiter or is the Coach the problem?

http://auburn.scout.com/2/558239.html

"I have really enjoyed my time at Auburn and the support of my teammates, my coaches and our fans," Hayles said. "This is about taking responsibilities for my child and getting closer to those responsibilities. I wish my teammates, coaches and Auburn nothing but the best in the future."

So now he is looking at Alabama State, to be closer to his daughter. Where does she live? Pratville? This is a ridiculous statement. Something is going on with this kid. Why else would you leave a D-1 school to move 45 minutes to play for a smaller school?

Probably the lowest point I can remember in the last 12-15 years of really really following AU Hoops. There's just no fan-base at all.

I agree.

Better Chance of Making NCAA Tournament in the Next Three Seasons:

:au: or Alabama State

I'll take the Hornets

He signed with South Alabama and he was from Mobile. Whether that is where this child is or not I have no idea. At least if he is in Mobile he has the support of friends and family to help out.

Better Chance of Making NCAA Tournament in the Next Three Seasons:

:au: or Alabama State

I'll take the Hornets

He signed with South Alabama and he was from Mobile. Whether that is where this child is or not I have no idea. At least if he is in Mobile he has the support of friends and family to help out.

South Alabama > Auburn

He was never looking at Alabama St. His child is in Mobile and the stress was too much trying to juggle playing for AU and being a father, so he transferred to South Alabama, in Mobile, so he could better handle his responsibilities.

Hayles is probably the first player to leave without an apparent attitude problem. He praised his time at Auburn, but he wants to be closer to his daughter. I take it at face value. Lebo is building a program. That's tough to do these days anywhere, much less at a place with lousy facilities, limited support and little basketball tradition.

Archived