"Crimson Tide Fans Irrational"

DKW 86

How do the statistics of Brodie Croyle and Darrell Hackney compare? I’ll tell you — Hackney’s prove him better.

Hilarious! Considering that Brodie is still in the NFL and Hackney didn't make the cut... :rollin:

The writer for UAin'tBama needs to get his facts straight. We've got bigger fish to fry this week... ie :vandy: > UAB.

I would have typed my response 5 minutes ago, but I have been wiping tears from my eyes in the meantime. :lmao:

I will say this....while it is impossible to have a conversation with a bammer without mention of something that happened at least 15 years ago, that should not mean that their past is irrelevant.

It just doesn't matter to anyone but them anymore.

They should take a lesson from :ut: 2006....who decided instead of worrying about all the wrong things and complaining about no respect, decided they are just going to kick some arse this year.

The writer for UAin'tBama needs to get his facts straight. We've got bigger fish to fry this week... ie :vandy: > UAB.

You don't really believe that do you? C'mon man, be serious for a moment.

Of course, we'll never really know whether UAB would pull out that 3-point win. :ua: would turn down a bowl game if the Blazers were going to be their opponent.

Of course, we'll never really know whether UAB would pull out that 3-point win. :ua: would turn down a bowl game if the Blazers were going to be their opponent.

No matter the amount of money involved. They know that a LOSS to UAB would be the death nail to their "program".

Go ahead uaters...Spin away! B)

No matter the amount of money involved. They know that a LOSS to UAB would be the death nail to their "program".

Go ahead uaters...Spin away! B)

and the scoreboard would show UAB 13

UAT 10

at Legion Field :roflol:

Once.

On the day you guys played UAB, we played Bowling Green. No difference at all.

Yes there is a difference....UAB is in state, which you say you don't need to play them. IF there is no difference then why don't they schedule them??? why??????

B/c UAB is in state and bama is scared??

That article must cut deep, since you haven't mentioned anything more specific about what he is really talking about.

BTW, UAB would beat Vandy ;)

The fact of the matter is that we don't NEED to play them. Neither :ua: or :au: will touch Troy or UAB. Other schools do this as well with smaller, in-state schools (see Arkansas-ASU). There's nothing in for either one of us and therefore, both of us will schedule a ULM/Buffalo in place of an in-state school.

I would love to see UAB or Troy on :au: 's and :ua: 's schedule rather than Buffalo or Southeastern Northwest Louisiana State. Nothing wrong at all with giving them a shot. Make that state championship :au: wins every year a true state championship.

They'd be a 3-point favorite against the Tide if :ua: ever got the stones to play them. That, my friend, has to suck.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. "BEATDOWN COMING!" :poke:

If we had the stones to play them? The fact of the matter is that we don't NEED to play them. Neither :ua: or :au: will touch Troy or UAB. Other schools do this as well with smaller, in-state schools (see Arkansas-ASU). There's nothing in for either one of us and therefore, both of us will schedule a ULM/Buffalo in place of an in-state school.

WC, I must say up front that I have nothing against you personally. But I am about to straighten you and the Bama Nation out.

There was this tool on PFS about 2-3 years ago spewing this same talking point BS, some Dean of Athletics, whatever, another bama bull **** artist. He was reading form the same talking points we have heard from Bama folks for years....the same used up talking points used by WIMP SANDERSON.

UNFORTUNATELY, I remember that fatefull day back in 1985 when Wimp was on the Herb Winches Show. He too was drinking the kool-aid about "Bama doesnt need..." and "Serves no purpose..." yada yada yada.

Then ole Wimp, when he thought they had gone to commercial break said and I quote:

"That is just what you sons-of-a-bitches in the press want isnt it?, for Gene Bartow to kick my ass."

Well, Herb just about wet himself trying to get Wimp to shut up. He was about to scream at Sanderson, "Coach, Coach, we are still on the air." Sanderson replied: "Good joke, Herb." This time Winches was literally screaming at Sanderson: "NO COACH, WE ARE STILL ON THE AIR!"

Well it was the talk of the state for months and Bama eventually had to play UAB, like Auburn does every year. Guess what? Gene Bartow did kick his ass.

I kid you not. Well I called the PFS show up and relayed the incident to Mr. Dean of Athletics in front of Paul with Paul saying "thats right" over and over again. He remembered it too. The poor schmuck from the Univusatee was so speechless that Paul had to go to break. He came back and attacked me for being "too confrontational."

What-the-hell-ever! I burnt this turd up for his reading the talking points and drinking the kool-aid. All the bs aside, there is one and only one reason why Bama will NEVER play UAB. They are afraid that they will lose to UAB, and I guess it might screw up their recruiting in Bham. How do we know? We heard it straight from a Bama HC's mouth when he thought no one could hear him. All the rest is still just :bs: !

They'd be a 3-point favorite against the Tide if :ua: ever got the stones to play them. That, my friend, has to suck.

If we had the stones to play them? The fact of the matter is that we don't NEED to play them. Neither :ua: or :au: will touch Troy or UAB. Other schools do this as well with smaller, in-state schools (see Arkansas-ASU). There's nothing in for either one of us and therefore, both of us will schedule a ULM/Buffalo in place of an in-state school.

WC, I must say up front that I have nothing against you personally. But I am about to straighten you and the Bama Nation out.

There was this tool on PFS about 2-3 years ago spewing this same talking point BS, some Dean of Athletics, whatever, another bama bull **** artist. He was reading form the same talking points we have heard from Bama folks for years....the same used up talking points used by WIMP SANDERSON.

UNFORTUNATELY, I remember that fatefull day back in 1985 when Wimp was on the Herb Winches Show. He too was drinking the kool-aid about "Bama doesnt need..." and "Serves no purpose..." yada yada yada.

Then ole Wimp, when he thought they had gone to commercial break said and I quote:

"That is just what you sons-of-a-bitches in the press want isnt it?, for Gene Bartow to kick my ass."

Well, Herb just about wet himself trying to get Wimp to shut up. He was about to scream at Sanderson, "Coach, Coach, we are still on the air." Sanderson replied: "Good joke, Herb." This time Winches was literally screaming at Sanderson: "NO COACH, WE ARE STILL ON THE AIR!"

Well it was the talk of the state for months and Bama eventually had to play UAB, like Auburn does every year. Guess what? Gene Bartow did kick his ass.

I kid you not. Well I called the PFS show up and relayed the incident to Mr. Dean of Athletics in front of Paul with Paul saying "thats right" over and over again. He remembered it too. The poor schmuck from the Univusatee was so speechless that Paul had to go to break. He came back and attacked me for being "too confrontational."

What-the-hell-ever! I burnt this turd up for his reading the talking points and drinking the kool-aid. All the bs aside, there is one and only one reason why Bama will NEVER play UAB. They are afraid that they will lose to UAB, and I guess it might screw up their recruiting in Bham. How do we know? We heard it straight from a Bama HC's mouth when he thought no one could hear him. All the rest is still just :bs: !

and that my friends is another episode of bammer myth busters

MythBusters_766.jpg

I understand completely.

I don't want to play UAB. It's a no-win situation and I've never been a big fan of those. You win and you were supposed to... you lose and the world comes crashing down.

Same as playing Duke then, right? :ua: gains nothing but a cheap win. They lose, all hell breaks loose. What's the difference?

Same as playing Duke then, right? :ua: gains nothing but a cheap win. They lose, all hell breaks loose. What's the difference?

uat had better hope that Duke doesn't decide to bring a basketball to the Stadium that day! :big::cheer:

I've always been for AU playing at least one of the two, Troy and UAB, every year. If we're going to schedule cupcakes in our OOC, we may as well create a ton of fan interest around the state and fill up the stadium, like we WON'T do with mighty Buffalo or The Citadel or WKU or La. Monroe etc...

The only risk is just what WC alluded to. If you win, you're supposed to. If you lose, you're a laughing stock and you potentially hurt a good recruiting base. But, I don't see that as being as much of a risk as in years past. UAB has a win over LSU in B.R. They just played OU off their feet. Troy has beaten MSU twice, Mizzou once and played the likes of Nebraska and South Carolina to a virtual stalemate. Troy has FSU this week and games with GT and Nebraska to follow.

A slip up against one of these SHOULDN'T happen, but it wouldn't be as big a deal as it would have been 10 years ago.

To clarify, the only reason uat played UAB in hoops was because the NIT set it up that way as a potential second-round game, and both teams won into it. I remember at the time thinking that uat might even throw the first-round game to avoid it.

And after all that, he's still the beat writer for freaking UAB. Damn, that's gotta suck.

No. The unvarnished truth is that the beat writer for the freakin UAB paper is openly dogging your fanbase for being so stupid. All that delusional belief you have about college football fans around the country respecting uat and 'bamuh's back!' etc. etc. is punked by a writer for a student rag printing the irrefutable cruel truth right in the heart of the bammie nation. Now, THAT has to suck!

Nah, what sucks is that he is the beat writer for UAB. UAB!

I didn't giggle/celebrate at AU's losses to LSU, GT, and Wisconsin because you own us right now. Same theory applies here. They've had a football team for like what, 15 years? The "fans" at UAB (students) are probably majority Bama with AU at 2nd and maybe 3 or 4 Blazer fans in the whole entire school. They have no support, no good facilities, very few talented players, and they're a directional school... for him to talk smack about :ua: is just stupid.

He's probably an :au::homer: at heart and happens to be stuck writing about the Dragons or whatever their name is... I don't blame him though. I'd be mad at the world as well if I was assigned to write about that "team." Maybe next week he'll write about the roaring 4k fans they packed into Legion Field for the big game against East Carolina. Woohoo! :cheer:

I think it would be great for :au: to play Troy every year and for UAT to play UAB every year.

There was some talk of adding Troy to the schedule next year but New Mexico State got the nod instead.

Archived