Weekend visitors

sogaaufan

I heard that AU pulled out all the stops this weekend and tried to pull in all the prospects they could. The only names I heard were Caleb King and Enrique Davis. Does anyone know who all visited this weekend and how some of the visits went?

BTW, if you visited this weekend and don't commit, you must be gettin' paid. ;)

Brandon Gibson and Nick Fairley were there. Rivals also mentioned a "surprise" South Carolina player who was supposed to be at the game, could have been Cliff Mathews? Rivals also mentioned that TWO instate Rivals100 players were scheduled to come...one was Gibson, the other could have been McNeil?

All in all, I heard that there was something like 100 total prospects at the game.

Guest Tigrinum Major

No one was on an official visit, but there were tons of kids there on unofficials. Hard to get those commitments on an unofficial, due to restrictions about contact. Don't fret if you don't hear about King or Davis committing by tomorro wmorning.

Over 100 were there according to this account:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in....xml&coll=3

"Lions' Fairley catches AU-LSU

Sunday, September 17, 2006

AUBURN -- Williamson High School was well-represented Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium. In addition to LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell and Auburn defensive end Antonio Coleman, the Lions were represented by star recruit Nick Fairley.

Fairley, No. 9 on the Press-Register's Elite 18 list of state prospects and No. 97 on the Super Southeast 120, is projected as a tight end in college. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Fairley is considering both Auburn and LSU, as well as West Virginia and Alabama.

Although Auburn hosted more than 100 recruits -- including UMS-Wright wide receiver Brandon Gibson and Foley junior Julio Jones -- there were no recruits on official visits this weekend."

Over 100 were there according to this account:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in....xml&coll=3

"Lions' Fairley catches AU-LSU

Sunday, September 17, 2006

AUBURN -- Williamson High School was well-represented Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium. In addition to LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell and Auburn defensive end Antonio Coleman, the Lions were represented by star recruit Nick Fairley.

Fairley, No. 9 on the Press-Register's Elite 18 list of state prospects and No. 97 on the Super Southeast 120, is projected as a tight end in college. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Fairley is considering both Auburn and LSU, as well as West Virginia and Alabama.

Although Auburn hosted more than 100 recruits -- including UMS-Wright wide receiver Brandon Gibson and Foley junior Julio Jones -- there were no recruits on official visits this weekend."

He's got to prefer how AU used their TEs.

Kerry Murphy and Gibson were there..

Caleb King and Enrique Davis were there...

Davis was "shocked" by the atmosphere and absolutely loved it. I would not be at all surprised if we picked up Davis and leave King to Georgia...I'll take either of the studs...

Some other guys here were I think there wer 10 4*s or better...and over 100 overall recruits...

Good weekend for recruiting even if the guys were just here to see a 3v6 matchup getting them on the plains is a huge step in getting them for the good guys

Kerry Murphy and Gibson were there..

Caleb King and Enrique Davis were there...

Davis was "shocked" by the atmosphere and absolutely loved it. I would not be at all surprised if we picked up Davis and leave King to Georgia...I'll take either of the studs...

Some other guys here were I think there wer 10 4*s or better...and over 100 overall recruits...

Good weekend for recruiting even if the guys were just here to see a 3v6 matchup getting them on the plains is a huge step in getting them for the good guys

I thought that this could have put recruiting on a whole other level. The opportunity for these guys to be around this program on THIS weekend with us winning the game. I can't imagine a recruit not being impressed.

• 4 months later...

According to Scout, Antwane Greenlee was there...although he's already commited to UGA.

Got to love this kid....

Let's follow his recruiting process

Commits to FSU

Promises he is FSU's to lose and that he is just visiting other schools for the hell of it

Says he is open and that FSU is still the leader

Commits to UGA

Swears every which way that UGA is his FINAL destination

Swears even more than he is DONE with his recruitment completely.

Says he is going to visit other schools

Now isn't sure whether it is FSU or UGA

According to Scout, Antwane Greenlee was there...although he's already commited to UGA.

Got to love this kid....

Let's follow his recruiting process

Commits to FSU

Promises he is FSU's to lose and that he is just visiting other schools for the hell of it

Says he is open and that FSU is still the leader

Commits to UGA

Swears every which way that UGA is his FINAL destination

Swears even more than he is DONE with his recruitment completely.

Says he is going to visit other schools

Now isn't sure whether it is FSU or UGA

Could be worse, you could have Luther Davis B)

Archived