Commitment #16--A Good One

Proud Tiger

We got commitment #16 today from Charles Bynum, a place kicker from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

he is rated by several recruiting services as the #2 kicker in the country. Great pickup with Vaughn graduating.

Ironic, I was at the game and our official recruit for today was a kicker named Wes, from Ft. Lauderdale.

I guess Wes is the name he likes to go by. I saw the guy - apparently he made a 65 yard FG in practice (or game, I think practice tho). I don't like to put down any recruits as anyone that wants to come to Auburn must be a good person, but he's a lil sketchy lol. Sidewards hat for the NY Yankees... yuck. Go Mets!

Yes, this is the same person as "Charles" by the way

Guest Tigrinum Major

Not to rain on anyone's recruiting parade, but didn't we sign a kicker last year from Spain Park? Or was he a commit this year?

Two scholarship kickers?

Next thing you know the Crocodile Hunter will be geting killed by a wild animal or Willie will be getting busted for pot.

Not to rain on anyone's recruiting parade, but didn't we sign a kicker last year from Spain Park? Or was he a commit this year?

Two scholarship kickers?

Next thing you know the Crocodile Hunter will be geting killed by a wild animal or Willie will be getting busted for pot.

We signed Ryan Shoemaker last year...a punter. Wes Byrum is a kicker.

We lose 2 kickers (Vaughn and Clark) and Bliss this year, so replacement kickers ARE needed. I have no problem with using scholarships on kickers if they are good enough to earn them. The kicking game is way undervalued in college football, look at the LSU game where Bliss pretty much won the game for us. Look at LSU last year when Vaughn pretty much lost the game for us. Look at Alabama last night when Tiffin blew the game.

I have no problem using a scholarship on a guy who is appearently the #2 kicker in the country (Scout) and has a huge leg.

I just know that getting recruits from this HS are rare. Most stay in state. Any headway into the pipeline will be a coup. Hopefully he will sign and this will be a small beginning.

Guest Tigrinum Major

We signed Ryan Shoemaker last year...a punter. Wes Byrum is a kicker.

We lose 2 kickers (Vaughn and Clark) and Bliss this year, so replacement kickers ARE needed. I have no problem with using scholarships on kickers if they are good enough to earn them. The kicking game is way undervalued in college football, look at the LSU game where Bliss pretty much won the game for us. Look at LSU last year when Vaughn pretty much lost the game for us. Look at Alabama last night when Tiffin blew the game.

I have no problem using a scholarship on a guy who is appearently the #2 kicker in the country (Scout) and has a huge leg.

Gracias.

shoemaker is from oak mountain not spain park

Spain Park, Oak Mountain, I get them confused. Two relatively new OTM schools that confuse me.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone have any details? Stats?

He is 6'3", 195, 4.7 FWIW. In the 3rd game of this year he broke the school record for extra points that had stood since 1978. He is now 23/23 in EPs for this year and 3/3 on FGs, the longest being 42 yds. He kicked a 62 yd. FG during a camp in Colorado this past Summer.

Archived