THIS is supposed to boost military morale?

Donutboy

Soldier could face insubordination charges for refusing to sign over his rights?

ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- An Army reserve officer faces insubordination charges after he questioned the legality of a waiver that his battalion was asked to sign allowing their third deployment to a war zone since January 2002....

....McAlpin said he could face other punishment, including a court martial and losing rank, over the charges.....

....McAlpin, 44, said he questioned the waiver last Saturday during a teleconference with Col. Guy Sands, commander of the McAlpin's parent unit, the 360th Civil Affairs Brigade. McAlpin asked whether the battalion may be violating federal law by not allowing combat troops a required 12-month ``stabilization period'' at home.....

Oh, I forgot, in Bush's world, dissension is not acceptable by ANYONE and will be punished by any means possible.

Army reservist accused of insubordination after questioning waiver

You do realize that the President doesn't sit at his desk all day, personally handling all of the nuts and bolts of the rules of deployment and such don't you? I love how you cast guilt on people who aren't even involved in a situation...when you and I both know you wouldn't be making this argument if your candidate were in office.

You do realize that the President doesn't sit at his desk all day, personally handling all of the nuts and bolts of the rules of deployment and such don't you?  I love how you cast guilt on people who aren't even involved in a situation...when you and I both know you wouldn't be making this argument if your candidate were in office.

You're partially right...if it were our candidate in office then it would be YOU making this argument against him (or her :) ).

You do realize that the President doesn't sit at his desk all day, personally handling all of the nuts and bolts of the rules of deployment and such don't you? I love how you cast guilt on people who aren't even involved in a situation...when you and I both know you wouldn't be making this argument if your candidate were in office.

No, but the president does set policy for the military, including discipline for soldiers exercising their constitutional rights. Donald Rumsfield himself issued a statement earlier in the year advising soldiers about dissension amongst the ranks. You don't think this is tied to that statement?

What I know is that it isn't the President's responsibility to step into any and every situation that we already have rules, policies, and procedures to handle. There are venues for this officer to have his grievances addressed. I don't like the initial handling of it anymore than you do, but if I were President, I wouldn't set a bad precedent of micro-managing things by stepping into this issue right now. If it keeps going and the final result upholds an unjust outcome, then I'd use my influence, either behind the scenes or publicly, to rectify it.

Your problem is, you can't seem to think in enough of a complex fashion to realize this.

And for the record TigerAl, I would be doing no such thing if it were your guy in office. I didn't when Clinton was in office, and I wouldn't do it now. I try not to take complex issues like this and make it into a simple black/white brickbat to bash someone with.

What I know is that it isn't the President's responsibility to step into any and every situation that we already have rules, policies, and procedures to handle. There are venues for this officer to have his grievances addressed. I don't like the initial handling of it anymore than you do, but if I were President, I wouldn't set a bad precedent of micro-managing things by stepping into this issue right now. If it keeps going and the final result upholds an unjust outcome, then I'd use my influence, either behind the scenes or publicly, to rectify it.

Your problem is, you can't seem to think in enough of a complex fashion to realize this.

And for the record TigerAl, I would be doing no such thing if it were your guy in office. I didn't when Clinton was in office, and I wouldn't do it now. I try not to take complex issues like this and make it into a simple black/white brickbat to bash someone with.

Of course not. During the Clinton era, we never heard from such complex policy issues such as Whitewater, Paula Jones, hairgate, etc... Of course, we also didn't hear anyone deriding Clinton for his staff supposedly trashing the White House offices, which turned out to be one of the first lies of Bush as president. No, we never heard any of THAT from you conservatives!!

What I know is that it isn't the President's responsibility to step into any and every situation that we already have rules, policies, and procedures to handle.  There are venues for this officer to have his grievances addressed.  I don't like the initial handling of it anymore than you do, but if I were President, I wouldn't set a bad precedent of micro-managing things by stepping into this issue right now.  If it keeps going and the final result upholds an unjust outcome, then I'd use my influence, either behind the scenes or publicly, to rectify it.

And for the record TigerAl, I would be doing no such thing if it were your guy in office.  I didn't when Clinton was in office, and I wouldn't do it now.  I try not to take complex issues like this and make it into a simple black/white brickbat to bash someone with.

Of course not. During the Clinton era, we never heard from such complex policy issues such as Whitewater, Paula Jones, hairgate, etc... Of course, we also didn't hear anyone deriding Clinton for his staff supposedly trashing the White House offices, which turned out to be one of the first lies of Bush as president. No, we never heard any of THAT from you conservatives!!

Hey Donutboy:

Did you actually hear Titan or see him type these things you accuse him of? Why do you AGAIN try to generalize all conservatives?

I believe, if my eyes did not fool me, Titan and Al were talling about individuals. That would be like me grouping you with the PETA radicals that attack people wearing fur simply because you both are liberals!

I agree with Titan. I did not question all of his (Clinton) decisions! And this doesn't fall squarely on the President at this time. I knoiw that pains you. I know that disappoints you because that doesn't allow you to put me in a nice, neat, little box with all the people you hate. You may still hate me or my opinions but it just hurts you that I don't fit into your little box for conservatives. ;)

Archived