HS Football tonight.

keoson7

Should be a good one. I hope Foley can win after the heartbreaker last week. This game should be a good gauge for AL vs. FL HS Football

Should be a good one. I hope Foley can win after the heartbreaker last week. This game should be a good gauge for AL vs. FL HS Football

you know shula was at the Foley/Daphne game last week? word is bama is trying to get roosevelt and julio, and since roosevelt wants to go to :ua: anyways, he will probably turn :msu: down. if he stays strong it would be nice to see him in crimson. also, i think niceville is ranked #6 in FL. glad to see we only got bumped to #7, but #1 hoover plays #3 vestavia hills, so somethings gonna give in the rankings we will probably move up one or two. GO LIONS! B)

The MPR says Niceville is #3 in 5A- the largest class in FL

I hope the Eagles don't put a beatdown on my Lions... Julio is a lifelong bammer unfortunately.. I don't think Roosevelt will get a shot at QB in TTown,for some reason, a scholly maybe, not much of a QB shot though IMO

you know shula was at the Foley/Daphne game last week? word is bama is trying to get roosevelt and julio,

Oh...recruiting...I thought Shula was just in town to learn another way to blow games that should have been won. :big::poke:

Seriously, though, I heard about the Foley game last week from my brother (my niece goes to school at Foley). ..and ouch! [For those of you who didn't hear: Foley was ahead by seven in Daphne's red zone with about 90 seconds left on the clock. They fumble, Daphne returns it about 90 yds for a score, and wins by one with the 2-point conversion. I'll say it again: OUCH!]

I will be pulling for the Lions tonight, though.

Yeah the kid from Daphne that returned the fumble is my nephew...His dad told me he was fast.... he is... His dad is in Foley's Football Hall of Fame. Ironic huh? It's a shame they live on the eastern shore.....for Foley that is.

Do we have any shot at Julio Jones next year? I know I've heard that he's a Bammer, but is this another Andre Smith situation?

from what i understand, roosevelt and julio are going to be a package deal pretty much. roosevelt is pretty much a die hard :ua: fan, always has been and thats where he wants to go, other than liking bama i think to kind of honor the memory of his father.

The MPR says Niceville is #3 in 5A- the largest class in FL

I hope the Eagles don't put a beatdown on my Lions... Julio is a lifelong bammer unfortunately.. I don't think Roosevelt will get a shot at QB in TTown,for some reason, a scholly maybe, not much of a QB shot though IMO

6A is the largest class in Florida high school football, but you are right about Niceville being in 5A...it should be a good game.

Foley jumped out to a lead then Niceville fougjt back within a TD .Then Julio takes one to the house to ice the game 32-18

yeah i was listening on WHEP, was kinda scary goin into the half. but roosevelt had good numbers at halftime tho, like 17-22 with somewhere around 250 yards, julio had i think 7 receptions for 130+ yards?....that was halftime, not sure of any of the final stats

yeah i was listening on WHEP

You mean you can actually pick that station up? I've driven within 200 yards of the station and not be able to hear it. Do they still have the Trading Post on in the mornings? B)

Glad to hear that the ol' alma mater pulled it out.

yeah i was listening on WHEP

You mean you can actually pick that station up? I've driven within 200 yards of the station and not be able to hear it. Do they still have the Trading Post on in the mornings? B)

Glad to hear that the ol' alma mater pulled it out.

yeah, i was sittin inside one of our firehouses in Elberta and picked it up just fine. they are also streaming online believe it or not, so you can always hear the game if you wanted. yes they still have the trading post

If I'm on the computer next Friday at about 7:30, I might do just that.

I take it you're an FHS alum as well, r/w/s? I'm an '87 grad.

If I'm on the computer next Friday at about 7:30, I might do just that.

I take it you're an FHS alum as well, r/w/s? I'm an '87 grad.

yep, i was c/o 2001. i was in marching band and i know the last few seasons i was there it was getting rough, and then after i graduated it was alot worse. from what alot of the kids say watson coming along is what turned the program around. just having talent alone won't turn a 0-10 team into a 10-1 jauggernaut the next.

I've gathered the same thing from what I've read...I don't get back to Foley too often these days and I'm really out of the loop other than what my mom tells me, which isn't much.

Foley was pretty solid when I was there...made the playoffs 3 of 4 years, but had two of the worst losses to Fairhope that I've ever seen in person. The Daphne debacle that was mentioned earlier would be an apt comparison.

9 straight? I knew it had been a while, but didn't realize it'd been that long. Daphne opening up about 15 years ago was the worst thing that ever happened to Fairhope's sports teams.

It's time for this old guy to go to bed...check you later.

Yeah, I misread the part about 5A/6A classification TigerD.

But, Niceville does have about 1200 more students than Foley.

I think the no huddle passing attack Foley's coach brings is impressive for HS ball. This year the D is much improved too. I'm hoping for a good playoff run this year. Another shot at Daphne and maybe one at Hoover.

Speaking of Foley - there's a chance they'll be taking on my school Smiths Station in the 1st round. Sounds like similar circumstances - they went 1-9 last year, but they've turned it around and might be headed to the first playoff game in 9 years (we were 5A then).

Last year Foley had that 56-63 1st round playoff shootout and fell out of the payoffs. But to do that from 0-for the previous year was big. Thankfully the city ponied up ($coaching$) and the results of that effort, are well worth it. IMO. Having Julio Jones and Roosevelt Byrd sure helps out, But there are some playmakers on D. Last night in the 2nd half the line was in the qb's grill, alot. LB's #1 Gardner #22 Willis are 2 of the better players, The safety play has improved alot this year too. 100 kids coming out, compared to 30 seems to help as well. I hope we get a home POgame with Smith's, I don't see myself makin' the road trip, unless I'm going to see AU 'ball.

roosevelt byrd finished 26 of 37 for 359 yards passing, plus 20 yards rushing. julio jones 12 receptions for 188 yards. not too shabby against an undefeated #3 team from FL. i heard their DL was H U G E

Archived