Internet fight between BG and TM...

BamaGrad03

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends was a good show. Too many men were so worried about securing their man card that they missed out on a great show in the 90s. It was very very well written and produced. Sharing writers and producers from seinfeld...and many other popular shows.

Its the same guys who dont think its "manly" too keep a clean house, or do laundry. Sienfeld, to me, was the same show over and over again. Sienfeld was the worst character on the show. If it wasnt for Jerry Stiller and the dude who played Kramer...the show would have sucked ass... of monstrous proportions.

Friends, on the other hand, had a great dynamic, very well cast, and had some really good cameos.

And they didnt use the formula of current sitcom thinking: get average looking fat guy who is a total slob, has no money, has a crappy job, is a sorry husband and father...and pair him with a HOT wife and...see what happens.

Metrosexual.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sorry. Chandler was a riot. I didn't watch every season, but in its prime, Friends was hilarious.

But I loved Seinfeld. I remember more lines from that show than any in history I think.

Friends was a good show. Too many men were so worried about securing their man card that they missed out on a great show in the 90s. It was very very well written and produced. Sharing writers and producers from seinfeld...and many other popular shows.

Its the same guys who dont think its "manly" too keep a clean house, or do laundry. Sienfeld, to me, was the same show over and over again. Sienfeld was the worst character on the show. If it wasnt for Jerry Stiller and the dude who played Kramer...the show would have sucked ass... of monstrous proportions.

Friends, on the other hand, had a great dynamic, very well cast, and had some really good cameos.

And they didnt use the formula of current sitcom thinking: get average looking fat guy who is a total slob, has no money, has a crappy job, is a sorry husband and father...and pair him with a HOT wife and...see what happens.

Apparently some dirty clothes wearing, nasty house living guys took you to task over watching Friends. Sorry that happened to you.

Once again I didn't hate Friends, I just didn't like it but to say it had a great dynamic is just dumb. It's a sitcom.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Metrosexual.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sorry. Chandler was a riot. I didn't watch every season, but in its prime, Friends was hilarious.

But I loved Seinfeld. I remember more lines from that show than any in history I think.

It had some redeeming qualities, but to put it in a greater category than Seinfeld (as BG does, not you) is insanity.

Ross was a woman, Chandler was slightly better, and Joey was a dumbass. Rachel was a bitch, Monica was obsessive complusive and Phoebe would have been the most fun in the sack.

I will admit to watching Friends and laughing at times, but overall, I prefer Seinfeld, Spin City, or How I Met Your Mother.

BG, come on... You know better than this. You made the wrong decision. You did not choose wisely, as it were. If I choose Cindy Crawford and you choose Rosie O'Donnel, it's clear that my decision-making skills are greater than yours. Therefore my opinion means more than yours. Making the right decisions gives a person's opinion more merit. That is the way it works.

Yeah right...and you probably like pepsi better than coke... ;)

I prefer Dr. Pepper.

This choice obviously renders my opinion more valid than the opinion of those who prefer lesser cola products such as plain coke, plain pepsi or RC. I consider Mountain Dew drinkers equals. I give deference to root beer drinkers. In fact, I prefer a good root beer to anything, but good root beer is hard to find here. I suggest having Captain Eli's shipped in. Good stuff.

Some danged fine root beer

eli12pack300.jpg

I like this advertising better.....

...and Phoebe would have been the most fun in the sack.

I have to disagree with you there. While I can see Pheobe being adventurous, I'm afraid she has a hint of skankness about her. If you want the whole shebang, you have to go with Racheal. She's hotter, and I believe with a little coaxing you could bring the freak out in her. Not to mention she is eternally cold. Of course, you are in to the skankier lady, so I can see where you are coming from.

I feel i must chime in here.... On the friends/seinfeld debate..... I HATED them both. Neither was funny....Friends did make me laugh once or twice, but the cast were/are a bunch of idiots(on the show, and that isn't funny to me)... Seinfeld NEVER made me laugh, not even ONCE....Its had to be the stupidest show ever on television. I did watch about 5-6 episodes and If i don't laugh after 6 episodes, I'm not going to waste any more of my time. I just absolutely HATED seinfeld...

I feel i must chime in here.... On the friends/seinfeld debate..... I HATED them both. Neither was funny....Friends did make me laugh once or twice, but the cast were/are a bunch of idiots(on the show, and that isn't funny to me)... Seinfeld NEVER made me laugh, not even ONCE....Its had to be the stupidest show ever on television. I did watch about 5-6 episodes and If i don't laugh after 6 episodes, I'm not going to waste any more of my time. I just absolutely HATED seinfeld...

Cola' back away from the crack pipe. Please, that stuff will mess you up man. Step back and realize that crack has robbed you of your sense of humor. It does that to you dude. Take time to read the literature on it. There's been research and stuff like that.

I am with aupcola on this one. I never cared for either show, I tried to watch them a couple of times and never really got into either one. My wife watched Friends every week, so I know more about it then Seinfeld and if I had to choose one, I would go with Friends. Jason Alexander's and that Dreyfuss chick's characters annoyed me, so I could not stomach to watch it that much. But, also, by the few episodes I caught of Friends here and there, it looked like it got to much like a "soap opera comedy" with all the relationship crap.

Speaking of Seinfeld, ironically, I do like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I love watching Larry David act like a total moron every week. Watching that show makes me feel better about myself. :lol:

Cola' back away from the crack pipe. Please, that stuff will mess you up man. Step back and realize that crack has robbed you of your sense of humor. It does that to you dude. Take time to read the literature on it. There's been research and stuff like that.

well..judging from your comments, you must actually like those shows...perhaps it is you that needs to step away from the crack pipe.... :poke::big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I'll admit, Seinfeld is an acquired taste. It takes a few episodes to really "get it", but it is one of the most intelligent comedies ever. You really need to buy Season 1 on DVD to fully appreciate the genius.

Speaking of Seinfeld, ironically, I do like Curb Your Enthusiasm

I really like that show. Larry David finds a new way to make me uncomfortable every episode.

I loved Seinfield! the soup nazi and Kenny Rogers sign episodes are my favorites! Now I like Pinks, American Choppers, Raising the Roofs and throwdown with bobby Flay, my future wife makes me watch Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty! My absolute favorite is the office!

my future wife makes me.....

Nip it in the bud! Nip it!

my future wife makes me.....

Nip it in the bud! Nip it!

Exactly. Sounds like you are setting yourself up for failure. :lol:

Wow. I don't know what to say. Friends was Dollar General. Seinfeld was Macy's. Friends was Facts of Life. Seinfeld was The Andy Griffith Show. Friends sucked. Seinfeld was one of the best shows in TV history. Elaine was 90 times hotter than any of the Friends except Jennifer. And she was sexier than Jen.

Elaine was 90 times hotter than any of the Friends except Jennifer. And she was sexier than Jen.

Crack kills....you think

friendsnorge_courteney.jpg

Is not as hot as

julia.louis.dreyfus.jpg

And that ^ is sexier than Courtney Cox or

jennifer-aniston.jpg

Julia was cute...but not hot. Never hot. She couldnt hold a candle to Jen or Courtney in their day.

Seinfeld is like the Emperor's New Clothes - it was so stupid, but they told people flat out that they were stupid - a "show about nothing!" - and someone decided that was funny - "How clever! A show about nothing! Brilliant!" - so now all of you boneheads had to pretend to think it was funny so as to appear hip and happening... when in reality, the Emperor is walking around naked, you guys actually thought that crap was funny, and Jerry laughed all the way to the bank.

Stupidest. Show. Ever.

Seinfeld is like the Emperor's New Clothes - it was so stupid, but they told people flat out that they were stupid - a "show about nothing!" - and someone decided that was funny - "How clever! A show about nothing! Brilliant!" - so now all of you boneheads had to pretend to think it was funny so as to appear hip and happening... when in reality, the Emperor is walking around naked, you guys actually thought that crap was funny, and Jerry laughed all the way to the bank.

Stupidest. Show. Ever.

You obviously missed the Beefarino and Rusty episode. I don't know ANYONE that doesn't have a seizure watching that episode....

Elaine was 90 times hotter than any of the Friends except Jennifer. And she was sexier than Jen.

and Elaine was a great dancer, too!

Count me in on the side of Seinfeld. Frank and Estelle Costanza should have gotten their own show after Seinfeld.

Friends was funny during season 1 and part of 2, but after that it was nothing but whiney annoying yuppie humor. Chandler stopped being funny, Ross got even whinier.....the whole thing made me want to vomit. Phoebe was so airheaded.....I would actually get migranes trying to listen to her.

This Friends vs Seinfeld debate has left me wishing I had magical powers. I wish I had the ability to raise the dead. If I had this gift, I would raise Don Knotts, dress him in his Barney Fyffe outfit and send him to Hollywood armed with his 1 bullet and instructions to use that one bullet to kill the writers of Friends.

You obviously missed the Beefarino and Rusty episode. I don't know ANYONE that doesn't have a seizure watching that episode....

As one who really doesnt care much for Seinfled...even I can say the beefarino episode was a riot.

Archived