Probably not the greatest time for this...

Boonan

It is time that AU basketball steps up and works toward becoming a serious contender. It is exciting to play good out of conference teams even though we will most likely get stomped. As another poster said, building for the future.

I want to go to some of these games, but until football season is over they pretty much refuse to play on weekends when I can actually get down there... I don't have time to make it for the 7 PM games on Fridays... part of the reason it's hard to get support at AU basketball games... the schedules aren't always as conducive to getting a turnout... and AU is a longer trip than hopping on I-20 to go over "there".

Well, if they are trying to get more people in the seats, this might do it. And, you never know what will happen. There have been a lot of years in NCAA Basketball where a team comes out of nowhere.

Well, if they are trying to get more people in the seats, this might do it. And, you never know what will happen. There have been a lot of years in NCAA Basketball where a team comes out of nowhere.

And Auburn's best PR slogan is probably "100 Years Of Mediocrity"

The reason we have no seniors is because everyone transfers. We need to figure that problem out, too. Then maybe we can start to compete better.

The reason we have no seniors is because everyone transfers. We need to figure that problem out, too. Then maybe we can start to compete better.

There's nothing wrong with no seniors on the team. I believe this team can compete just as well with juniors and underclassmen. I guess we will find that out next year:)

There's nothing wrong with no seniors on the team. I believe this team can compete just as well with juniors and underclassmen. I guess we will find that out next year:)

I understand that we can compete with underclassmen, but the problem we need to figure out is WHY our players are really transferring. This makes potential recruits wary about our coach and our program. Is it Lebo? What is it? Any suggestions?

I understand that we can compete with underclassmen, but the problem we need to figure out is WHY our players are really transferring. This makes potential recruits wary about our coach and our program. Is it Lebo? What is it? Any suggestions?

Well, I don't usually keep track of basketball news, but I think this is all part of the growing process. A new coach in his 3rd year with 2 losing seasons, lots of player exited after Cliff left and I think just a general perception that the team is not done hitting rock bottom yet. But I think after this season things will get really good, we have a few juniors and a lot of underclassmen. Plus the news that a new arena will be built next year will go a long way towards recruiting.

Where did TAMU come from? I've obviously lost a little touch with college basketball.

The Aggies have risen from depths lower than Auburn can even imagine...if there's a school out there that can serve as a blueprint for how :au: can rebuild its program to respectability, it's Texas A&M.

TAMU was 0-16 in conference play in '03-'04 before hiring Billy Gillispie. They were a Derrel Mitchell 3-pointer away from beating LSU and meeting Duke in the Sweet 16 last year. Gillispie works their behinds off and they will guard you...if you don't play defense, you don't play.

I have a degree from A&M as well, so I'll be a tad conflicted on Dec. 22, much like I was last year...I hate it when they play each other in anything.

Well, I don't usually keep track of basketball news, but I think this is all part of the growing process. A new coach in his 3rd year with 2 losing seasons, lots of player exited after Cliff left and I think just a general perception that the team is not done hitting rock bottom yet. But I think after this season things will get really good, we have a few juniors and a lot of underclassmen. Plus the news that a new arena will be built next year will go a long way towards recruiting.

You make a good point, but i have been hearing that Lebo has not been the easiest guy to get along with either. Maybe he's not a player's coach. I don't know about that for sure, but I think he's done a good job with the players that are there. I just hope the program continues to grow.

Archived