Auburn vs. #2 Pitt on TV

AUBURNTIGERFAN

both teams were bad at free throws. Auburn could have pulled it off if not for that freshmen that airballed it towards the end. He wanted to tie it up and didn't get a good look. They didn't need a three at that point.

both teams were bad at free throws. Auburn could have pulled it off if not for that freshmen that airballed it towards the end. He wanted to tie it up and didn't get a good look. They didn't need a three at that point.

Refs were pretty bad(especially the older two). This team played there hearts out and they were devestated when they left the floor. They made some young mistakes, but they also showed alot of potential. They will take down some teams in SEC play. They deserve better from our fans. We dont have a senior on the team and they took the number two team in the nation to the final seconds of the game in front of maybe 3-5k fans. I didnt expect a sellout, but the arena was less than half full. The folks who showed up were great, but there weren't enough. I don't understand why we get 75-85k to come watch us play 1AA teams no matter how good or bad we are in football, but we cant get a handful of people to come watch us play the #2 team in the country. We dont need a new arena, we need new fans to fill the one we have. I think 6-9 K arena might be too big for us after today's showing, and should be embarassing.

I saw a lot of rushed shots and missed free throws, but should be correctable. The team did feed off the energy of the crowd in the final minutes of the second half, which shows that a good crowd is important to the success. It was fun game and its not like you have something more fun to do from 2-4pm on a Sunday.

Great effort throughout. That Auburn shot 50% from the FT line and 15% from 3 and was even in the game says a lot about the team's heart. K Barber is playing with so much more confidence, and Josh Dollard dominated the inside in the first half. (How much did we miss Dollard after he fouled out?? The A Gray tip-in off the FT, in particular . . . ) Q Robertson gave his usual gutty performance, but we didn't get a whole lot offensively from the perimeter (although Reed looks like he can play). Credit Pitt for not allowing R Barrett to get more involved. Bottom line is that Pitt is #2 for a reason: they know how to win, and it showed -- they made the open jumpers in the first half, and they found Gray inside (and took back the boards) in the second half. Our guys are coming along, though . . . yesterday showed they can play with anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived