want a better team?

TMAN34

fisrt off i think our team isn't too shabby, they play hard and tough on D. Now if yall want to become a great basketball team and get the recruits, i'm pretty sure the only way anyone will want to comehere is if the seats are packed. Who wants to come to auburn and play in front of a 2 thousand person crowd when they can go to lsu and play in fron of 12 thousand? how bad do u want a good basketball team?

People do need to go to the games, and while it won't fix the attendance problem, it might help a bit if the school actually marketed the fact that we have a basketball team and that they actually play games... on campus!

One of the better attended games the past couple of years was when I was in the pep band and they did the ooc game against Grambling (I think) up in Huntsville.

Maybe they should bring the team and a ooc game to the BJCC or somewhere else in the 'Ham once every fall and try to generate some interest.

People do need to go to the games, and while it won't fix the attendance problem, it might help a bit if the school actually marketed the fact that we have a basketball team and that they actually play games... on campus!

"We got uniforms and everything"

I agree. I wish I could go to more games myself. Kinda tough when you live twelve hours away. I wanted to go over Thanksgiving, but the team was in Texas.

But I ALWAYS watch when we are on TV.

Auburn can turn itself into a basketball powerhouse, just like Florida, LSU and Bama have in recent years.

I agree with several of you in here about the poor marketing of the team around campus. They need to do more inventive things to get the students more involved.

I have been to all but 1 of the home games this year. The best crowd we had was for the Pitt game, and heck, I was not happy with the fans there (or lack thereof). All you had to do was bring a toy and get in free!!!!

At least we were loud, for the most part. What pisses me off is the fact that BEMC would ROCK if it were near capacity! Big place, no fans! :no:

What they need to do, is limit capacity to around 5,000. Simply close off the upper-bowl for non-SEC foes. Stretch out one of those seat cover tarps over the upper sections. Force the fans to the court. Create an illusion of a packed house during the pre-SEC season. There's no reason for people to buy tickets in the nose-bleeds when courtside is WIDE open.

Decrease supply, increase demand. We need a more intimate arena. In the meantime we can have a large capacity coliseum with a small capacity feel.

I thought about that at the Wofford game on Sat. If everyone sat near the court, it would help the team a little more, and give them a shot in the arm. We made some noise, but it was spread out too much.

fisrt off i think our team isn't too shabby, they play hard and tough on D. Now if yall want to become a great basketball team and get the recruits, i'm pretty sure the only way anyone will want to comehere is if the seats are packed. Who wants to come to auburn and play in front of a 2 thousand person crowd when they can go to lsu and play in fron of 12 thousand? how bad do u want a good basketball team?

I think youre preaching to the choir here. Anyone who would be reading this forum probably routinely goes to games if not all if they live in the area.

I think a few of my friends and I are going to come down for the A&M game. Hopefully some other students do the same. Lebo needs to get a few of these kinds of wins with the tough schedule this year. As well as generate some more excitement.

As far as incentives for students I think they are trying practically all they can. The first 500 fans get in free (which is more than actually come except for the premiere games) so theres really no reason not to come to those less crowded games unless youve got something else to do. It really seems that with not much excitement in basketball since the 80s. Weve lost a lot of tradition. My dad was a student there during the days of Barkley and Person and he talks a lot about the things they did (reading newspaper during away team lineup, etc). If you go to a game now you wont see a single person doing it. Its too bad. Maybe we need to teach them how its done again.

Hopefully a win here can get things going for these young players. War Eagle.

I think what would be a good thing even for the big time teams. Let the lower area fill up before opening up the top. Have all the seats that aren't season tickets be general admission and have them sit in the lower areas. And when that is filled up open up a few rows of the top at a time.

There really is not a whole lot more to get the news out on campus. One thing I think would help is "force" the greek community to get involved. That seems like the best way to get people to come to the games. Offer those spirit points things for amount of members to come to the games. I think if we saw an increase in the greek community at the games then we will see an increase in total students at the game. (btw I hate the greek organization).

Heck and if none of that work. FREE FOOD!!! You know college students want free food. How bout do a tailgate on weekend games. If it was free or even just a couple of bucks I think we would see more of a turnout.

Any of the students on here that enjoy going to the games wanna try get an organization together to try and carry some of this stuff out. I think that would help out alot as well if students were carrying these things out...

I think what would be a good thing even for the big time teams. Let the lower area fill up before opening up the top. Have all the seats that aren't season tickets be general admission and have them sit in the lower areas. And when that is filled up open up a few rows of the top at a time.

There really is not a whole lot more to get the news out on campus. One thing I think would help is "force" the greek community to get involved. That seems like the best way to get people to come to the games. Offer those spirit points things for amount of members to come to the games. I think if we saw an increase in the greek community at the games then we will see an increase in total students at the game. (btw I hate the greek organization).

Heck and if none of that work. FREE FOOD!!! You know college students want free food. How bout do a tailgate on weekend games. If it was free or even just a couple of bucks I think we would see more of a turnout.

Any of the students on here that enjoy going to the games wanna try get an organization together to try and carry some of this stuff out. I think that would help out alot as well if students were carrying these things out...

My frosh year, I joined up with the Cliff Dwellers. We had a website. Membership was limited. There was HIGH demand for basketball. It CAN be done.

Should we make AUNation.net the OFFICIAL home of the Lebo's Lunatics?

My frosh year, I joined up with the Cliff Dwellers. We had a website. Membership was limited. There was HIGH demand for basketball. It CAN be done.

I tell you what!!!! Let's get together on this and come up with a group like the Diamond Club for the baseball team!!!! I am willing to help start it up!

Maybe call it the "Hardwood Club" or the "Midcourt Madness".... whatever it is, let's get it together. I'm willing to do it if anyone else is!

Are you going tomorrow night?

Are you going tomorrow night?

I am driving down from Atlanta (here on winter break) for the game tomorrow night. Does anybody know if any of the bars in Auburn are open during this time? We're looking for something to do after the game.

Archived