Sorry!

C-villetiger1

In my last post i used to many exclamation points and to many question marks. So I just wanted to come back and say I apologize. This Basketball team may be the worst we have seen in many years. I am a Lebo supporter but tonights loss was the WORST in BEMC history. How can this still be because we are young? Fla was very young last year and won it all. LSU as well. Why not AU? The team didnt even put up a fight in the first half! We missed wide open shots, looked lost on both sides of the ball...Why?Call me what you may but this was only the first blowout of the year I expect to see many more and yes I did get to go to the game. I was in Auburn for 2 days this week and I had to make this game. The crowd...puh-thetic! The team flat and lost. WHY?

Regards,

Playoff

Maybe because Auburn isn't a very good team right now.

From what I saw the team is not very good at all!!!!!! My buddy was talking about Au making the big dance and I thought he was crazy that was before I saw this game now I know he is crazy

Well,

We were not able to get ANYTHING done in the first half. But they still played tough.

In response to the idiotic comments that we are still young but yet UF and LSU are young. Do you realize the players that both of those teams have are heads and shoulders above ours in talent? Do you also realize how many more fans attend games for those two schools than ours???? There is your answer. For Lebo to come in and pick up a top 150 player in Kelvin Lewis is incredible and Vot is incredible considering our support. For us to get better it is all in the fans now. WE HAVE TO GET THE SUPPORT AT THE GAMES!!! Quit blaming it on marketing. I have seen plenty of commercials for it this year. What we as fans need to do is to TELL people to come to the games.

Oh another thing. If you have some nasty to say about the players at a Basketball game, say it after the game. Because I definitely did not help Vot out after he missed a free throw when there was some idiot behind me talking about the nets being new and Vot (being black) wasn't used to new nets. Yes that is what I heard. And Vot heard it as well. Because as it was said he was passing by me looked into the crowd and mouthed quite a bit of choice words into the crowd.

Also on the loss. Could it be that Texas A&M is THAT good? They could not miss last night. They played incredibly well down low. I think it was just one of those nights we had an off night and the opposing team played extremely well. They only allow 53 points a game.

I still say we make the NIT.

I wouldn't get to down about it... TAMU is a good team and you guys admit that you are a year or two away.

I still think AU has a good chance at making a run at the .500 mark in SEC play.

Well, I do believe Lebo was dealt a short hand when he got here, but it is time to see improvement. Right now this team could be the worst one he has had. How can that happen? Yes, I know some players left, but many of these players that have left were his recruits. Something is not right about that.

I know AU has never been a hotbed for recruits, but other coaches dealt with it. What gets me, is if there is a decent high school recruit from the state of Alabama we are not even on the radar. That tells me that Lebo has not established any type of recruiting base.

As far as fan support, as soon as the fans make a basket and score some points then I will believe it makes a tangible difference. Yes, it is good to have, but in AU case it has always been, provide the product first and then the fans will come.

I always thought that Lebo was a good/smart hire, but I do believe time is running out. Improvement has to be made. I hate to make comparisons, but Georgia's program was in shambles with Harrick, but I believe that they have made improvement since. I am not advocating change, but if this AU teams wins 4 or less SEC games then next year is crunch year.

Let him get a big guy in here and see where we are. We have a 6-9 center/fwd coming in next year that is supposed to be pretty good. That is the missing piece to this team.

Southlink ,appreciate the positive thought. So with that I will sip the AU B'ball kool-aid.

The team has only lost to ranked teams. WDE!!! :cheer:

It could be worse as well...such as....

South Carolina: 100 years of basketball mediocrity & 100 years of terrible football

Well, I do believe Lebo was dealt a short hand when he got here, but it is time to see improvement. Right now this team could be the worst one he has had. How can that happen? Yes, I know some players left, but many of these players that have left were his recruits. Something is not right about that.

I know AU has never been a hotbed for recruits, but other coaches dealt with it. What gets me, is if there is a decent high school recruit from the state of Alabama we are not even on the radar. That tells me that Lebo has not established any type of recruiting base.

As far as fan support, as soon as the fans make a basket and score some points then I will believe it makes a tangible difference. Yes, it is good to have, but in AU case it has always been, provide the product first and then the fans will come.

I always thought that Lebo was a good/smart hire, but I do believe time is running out. Improvement has to be made. I hate to make comparisons, but Georgia's program was in shambles with Harrick, but I believe that they have made improvement since. I am not advocating change, but if this AU teams wins 4 or less SEC games then next year is crunch year.

How is this Lebo's worst team? You need to do a little research buddy before you start spouting off. His first year he had the smallest team in Div I and finished 14-17 and got thrashed by a couple teams by about 50 points. Last year we finished 12-16 and were the youngest team in Div I. Cut the guy some slack. He hasnt had much of a team to work with. Clearly this guys are getting better since this is the same team from last year minus Lamelle. We have one of the toughest if not the toughest schedule in the country and we have only lost to ranked opponents. Look at some of the teams we lost to the last two years. Were not great but we are getting better and have been competing for those games (minus TAMU). We just had an awful night shooting the ball.

As far as Georgia goes, they arent exactly doing anything great either. They were 5-11 last year in the sec and finished 15-15 (compared to AU 4-12 and 12-16). This year they are 8-2 with losses to Western Kentucky and unranked GT with wins over #16 Gonzaga and unranked Wake Forest. The rest of their schedule has been cupcakes. We are 9-4 with all 4 losses to highly ranked opponents

How is this Lebo's worst team? You need to do a little research buddy before you start spouting off. His first year he had the smallest team in Div I and finished 14-17 and got thrashed by a couple teams by about 50 points. Last year we finished 12-16 and were the youngest team in Div I. Cut the guy some slack. He hasnt had much of a team to work with. Clearly this guys are getting better since this is the same team from last year minus Lamelle. We have one of the toughest if not the toughest schedule in the country and we have only lost to ranked opponents. Look at some of the teams we lost to the last two years. Were not great but we are getting better and have been competing for those games (minus TAMU). We just had an awful night shooting the ball.

As far as Georgia goes, they arent exactly doing anything great either. They were 5-11 last year in the sec and finished 15-15 (compared to AU 4-12 and 12-16). This year they are 8-2 with losses to Western Kentucky and unranked GT with wins over #16 Gonzaga and unranked Wake Forest. The rest of their schedule has been cupcakes. We are 9-4 with all 4 losses to highly ranked opponents

Wow, I am glad you paid attenttion. I said this "could" be his worst team. I really like how people conitnue to make excuses. Smallest team in the nation, youngest team in the nation, hardest schedule in the nation, not much to work with, blah, blah, blah. How do you know they are getting better? At this point last year they were at about the same point in wins and losses. The only difference was this year they had the worst loss in the history of Beard/Eaves Coliseum. That is pretty hard to do considering some of the Kentucky and LSU teams that have come in over the past 40 years or so. I mean, TAMU for gosh sake. They are O.K. but they are not Final Four caliber and probably not even Sweet Sixteen caliber. The point was and is, that improvement needs to be seen this year. I believe a 500 record in the SEC would be an improvement. The problem is that I don't know if they can get there.

Wow, I am glad you paid attenttion. I said this "could" be his worst team. I really like how people conitnue to make excuses. Smallest team in the nation, youngest team in the nation, hardest schedule in the nation, not much to work with, blah, blah, blah. How do you know they are getting better? At this point last year they were at about the same point in wins and losses. The only difference was this year they had the worst loss in the history of Beard/Eaves Coliseum. That is pretty hard to do considering some of the Kentucky and LSU teams that have come in over the past 40 years or so. I mean, TAMU for gosh sake. They are O.K. but they are not Final Four caliber and probably not even Sweet Sixteen caliber. The point was and is, that improvement needs to be seen this year. I believe a 500 record in the SEC would be an improvement. The problem is that I don't know if they can get there.

You can see them as excuses if you want. I think its just being reasonable. I know they are getting better because I watch games. If you went to a game last year and this year youd see a difference. Its remarkable that the guy even won 4 SEC games in the past two years considering the talent he has had. As a big recruit what would make you want to go play basketball for Auburn? Maybe the thousands of fans that come to the games? Or how great theyve been lately? Its gonna take time to win a few big games then get some better recruits then win more and so on. Sometime soon they should have a new basketball facility and that should help. Lebo is a good game coach and so I expect he can get these guys to reach their potential and win a few games they might not should. I think we should all what till the season finishes to really comment much on Lebo.

If you did have doubts about how good TAMU is, look at the score scrolling on the bottom of ESPN, they beat Grambling 101-27. Granted that's Grambling, but WOW.

Archived