My rankings of the SEC BB teams

BAMMERPERRY

:lol: Bama and Florida tied? cmon man at least try not to look like such a homer. And if youre gonna rank them you cant put ties. youre not voting against anyone else! and Auburn is not the worst team in the SEC..try Vanderbilt or Ole Miss and you could throw UGA in there too, but they do have a descent win over Gonzaga. Take off youre Joe Pa bammer glasses.

1) Florida

1) Bama

3) LSU

4) UTk

5) MSU

6) UK

7) Ark

8) OM

9) UGA

10)USC

11)VU

12)AU

:cheer:

What's next? Going to make fun of our gymnastics program?

Bama is a gymnastics school. Take solace in that.

Unbiased...

Florida's in a league of their own. We've lived up to the hype so far... and UT looked dangerous against Texas. UK is in a bit of a rebuilding year. However, I think anyone could go down on any given night. The SEC is a deep, deep league and AU is actually not that bad IMO. I don't think that TAMU is 30 points better than you guys. Y'all will improve...

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Tennessee

5. Kentucky

6. Arkansas

7. MS State

8. South Carolina

9. Georgia

10. Vandy

11. Ole Miss

12. Auburn

I think we are a little too low but honestly, I don't have much firepower to say we should be that much higher

Cupcake city is over. Southern, Valdosta State, SC State, Alabama A&M, Gardner-Webb, Jacksonville are done with.

In "real" games, Georgia is 2-2. Losses to Western Kentucky (for some reason, the Sun Belt is way down this year) and Tech, wins over Wake and Gonzaga.

Clemson, Wisconsin, and Florida - if you can get 2/3, I think you're on the right side of the bubble. Less than that and it's an uphill climb. I think Wisconsin is a very beatable team though. Get it done there, take care of Clemson, and you guys are looking good.

Right but if we are looking strictly at schedules, I think we have a legit right to be above both Ole Miss and South Carolina at this short point.

I'll give you that definitely. But beating the big boys gets you to the dance. Time to earn it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Mark bobo honking, but Bama is overrated and will be exposed once they hit SEC play.

Based on what?

A 27 point loss to an unranked team...

I'm not going to come here and beat my chest and say that Arkansas is going to win the conference after seeing that saturday, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on us. We return some very good big men and brought in another good recruiting class. Beverly is the real deal, Weems is adjusting to real college basketball and if Ervin can not turn the ball over, we could be very dangerous. I could see Arkansas finishing anywhere from 1st in the West to 4th. Stan Heath has not shown he can win in the SEC, so until he does, I will reserve judgment.

We played a tough non-conference schedule. We beat a good Southern Illinois team and gave West Virginia their only loss so far. We got ran out of the gym by Missouri, got beat by Texas Tech and played Texas down to the wire at their place. I just hope we don't go in the tank after dominating Bama. Arkansas basketball has been gone for 10 years now, it's about time we lived up to our tradition.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Unbiased...

Florida's in a league of their own. We've lived up to the hype so far... and UT looked dangerous against Texas. UK is in a bit of a rebuilding year. However, I think anyone could go down on any given night. The SEC is a deep, deep league and AU is actually not that bad IMO. I don't think that TAMU is 30 points better than you guys. Y'all will improve...

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Tennessee

5. Kentucky

6. Arkansas

7. MS State

8. South Carolina

9. Georgia

10. Vandy

11. Ole Miss

12. Auburn

Can we get some revised rankings, based on opening weekend games?

I'm really interested since we are about to hit a tough stretch of games.

Unbiased...

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Tennessee

5. Kentucky

6. Arkansas

7. MS State

8. South Carolina

9. Georgia

10. Vandy

11. Ole Miss

12. Auburn

SPUAT has already started their tough stretch of games. Face it man SPUAT is a Paper, rock, scissors school now.

Unbiased...

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Tennessee

5. Kentucky

6. Arkansas

7. MS State

8. South Carolina

9. Georgia

10. Vandy

11. Ole Miss

12. Auburn

SPUAT has already started their tough stretch of games. Face it man SPUAT is a Paper, rock, scissors school now.

as of now I'd switch Bama and LSU. Nice wins over UCONN and aTm compared to Bama's 27 point raping to the hogs and a 10 point loss to the irish.

Unbiased...

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Tennessee

5. Kentucky

6. Arkansas

7. MS State

8. South Carolina

9. Georgia

10. Vandy

11. Ole Miss

12. Auburn

I put Bama at 6, bump Arky up to 4 and Auburn is number 9!!!

as of now I'd switch Bama and LSU. Nice wins over UCONN and aTm compared to Bama's 27 point raping to the hogs and a 10 point loss to the irish.

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Tenessee

5. Arkansas

6. Kentucky

7. Miss. State

8. Auburn

9. Georgia

10. Vanderbilt

11. So. Carolina

12. Ole Miss

As of 1/09/2007

1) Florida

1) Bama

3) LSU

4) UTk

5) MSU

6) UK

7) Ark

8) OM

9) UGA

10)USC

11)VU

12)AU

Hmm, thinking about all these teams makes me realize the SEC might just be the best conference out there.

Alabama and LSU could drop, and I'd put UK higher (they ought to be a surprising force). Not sure why you've got VU so low, they've looked good to me, and So. Carolina, UGA, and Ole Miss could probably fall below them. MSU's too high, and I'm not sure where you guys fit in to all these because I haven't had a chance to see you.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Florida

1) Bama

3) LSU

4) UTk

5) MSU

6) UK

7) Ark

8) OM

9) UGA

10)USC

11)VU

12)AU

(cough, cough)

haha, care to make any changes turder?

1.Florida

2.Vandy

2.Kentucky

2.LSU

2.Georgia

2.Auburn

2.Miss St.

2.Arkansas

2.Tennesse

3.Bama

4.Ole Miss

4.South Carolina

This is how the SEC seems to me. I never know who will win. The first team in the West to win on the road will be in good shape to win that division. The SEC is a hard conference to rank right now. Just thought I might throw this mock top 12.

As of 1-25-07

1. Florida

2. Kentucky

3. LSU

4. Auburn

5. Tennessee

6. Miss. State

7. Alabama

8. Georgia

9. Vanderbilt

10. Arkansas

11. So. Carolina

12. Ole Miss

:P

As of 1-25-07

1. Florida

2. Kentucky

3. LSU

4. Auburn

5. Tennessee

6. Miss. State

7. Alabama

8. Georgia

9. Vanderbilt

10. Arkansas

11. So. Carolina

12. Ole Miss

:P

How is LSU ahead of us if we're first in the west?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/confstandings?confID=23

I'd say based on that, you'd have to go with:

1. Florida

2. Kentucky

2. Vanderbilt

2. Georgia

5. Auburn

5. LSU

5. MSU

5. Tennessee

5. Alabama

10. Arkansas

11. Mississippi

12. South Carolina

I'd say Arky has a good shot of upsetting Bama this weekend. Also that would be a road win for the Hogs. That is where the challenge has been thus far in the West. That Vandy win has been looking better and better for us as the season has gone on. hopefully something crazy can happen this weekend and we can stay 1 in the west some more.

Archived