Auburn/Vanderbilt

WarTiger

Tigers lead 38-31 at the half...

Great first half for the tigers... have 5 blocked shots in first half to none for Vandy....

Let's keep it up TIGERS!!!!

That was the best game AU played all year!! WAR EAGLE!!!! Way to start off SEC play with a big W!!!!!!!

Nice win. First time I've gotten to see them this season. We've got some good athletic players. Just need a couple more pieces and I think we'll really have something. We shot well today but from what I hear, that's not the norm. I think if we could get an excellent point guard/assist guy and a top-notch shooter, we'd be deadly.

That was a fun game to watch, it won't be easy for anyone in the SEC this year.

Good crowd, Auburn's court looks great.

Congrats Tigers!

Great crowd.......for those of us who were there!

Less than half full, but we were rowdy!

This team needs two big men..... 6-10 or 6-11 guys who can play the post and defense. What a game!

:cheer::au::cheer:

Remember that guy named Tony Douglas, who I believe transferred? I would love to have that guy back on the team. He was really good. Wasn't he more of a "me" type player? Or did he just want to play somewhere that was winning right then?

That was a fun game to watch for the most part. The first few minutes were kind of tough because both teams were throwing up some sloppy shots. Too bad we could not put Vandy away when we were up by 11 at one point, but the good thing is that the boys held in there and got the job done.

A very nice way to open the brutal SEC schedule. Also not bad for a team with no seniors and only four juniors.

Remember that guy named Tony Douglas, who I believe transferred? I would love to have that guy back on the team. He was really good. Wasn't he more of a "me" type player? Or did he just want to play somewhere that was winning right then?

His father wanted him to play the point guard position to position himself for the NBA, but Lebo wouldn't swap him; so, after FSU promised him he could play his chosen position his father had him transfer.

Balance of power doesn't necessarily shift with transfers

For those people who were at the game, it is so obvious how much the guys love the game and the fans, and how bad they want to win. They all celebrated on the court and high fived fans on the way off the court. I feel like it is the people who dont ever come to the games that are doubters and they won't ever be swayed because they won't ever show up. I don't know how you could have watched that game last night in BEMC and not been excited and proud of our team. These guys play hard and they want it just as bad as any other team in the country. Last night's game was a great start to SEC play. If we can continue to beat the teams that we are about as good as or better than (Ole Miss, Vandy, Miss, St, USC, UGA) especially the home games, and then steal and upset or two from one of the big guys, I think this team has an excellent chance of getting close to 500 in SEC play. 1-0 is a good way to get that started.

Any time AU beats Vanderbilt in basketball, it's worth :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WAR EAGLE!!!

AU is now 11-5 and the month of January will be tough.

Up next :uk:

I guess I should have posted something about going down but it was a last minute decision. Great game! Sloppy at times but there was no shortage of hustle! Gonna be a long month in terms of wins but this TEAM is fun to watch!

Toney Douglas, 2006-07 Stats:

16 games (all starts), 13.1 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.4 APG

Surprisingly, second on the team in shots. How he's not chucking it up most is beyond me. He's also 6th on the team in FT's attempted, which is telling me he's doing A TON of spot-up shooting and not driving to the hole.

FSU is 12-4 (0-2).

Archived