Let's try something

TitanTiger

I think this has been an underutilized forum that could really be a great marketplace for people here. So I've moved it up in the list and retitled it slightly to help. But for the next little while, at least on a trial basis, let's also try to help make the subject lines immediately tell a person whether something is wanted or for sale.

If you have an item you want to offer for sale, make the Topic Title start with "FS:" (for sale). As an example:

FS: 2003 Honda Accord

If you have an item you want to find, make the topic title start with "W:" (wanted). As in:

W: Walk behind mower in good condition

I just think this forum gets ignored a little and want to see if we can really make it useful to people.

Also, give me your input...should we combine this forum with the Networking one and call it the AUNation Marketplace? We could come up with a short abbreviation for job openings or positions wanted and then all in one place, we could see what's out there at a glance just by the thread title prefix.

I think I may have answered my own question. After checking the Networking forum and weeding out a couple of topics that should have been in All Things Considered, there are only 5 topics there. Unless someone objects, I think I'm going to move those threads into this forum and rename it AUNation Marketplace. Speak now or forever hold your peace...

Sounds good to me. AUNation Flea Market? :big:

What would be good abbreviation for job openings and positions wanted? I thought of HW for "help wanted" but I would like the prefix to be immediately recognizable and didn't want it to be confused with "W" for item wanted.

Should we use something like "JO" for job opening and come up with something for someone seeking a job or just use the words "JOB OPENING" and "LOOKING" to distinguish them? Ideas?

I think this has been an underutilized forum that could really be a great marketplace for people here. So I've moved it up in the list and retitled it slightly to help. But for the next little while, at least on a trial basis, let's also try to help make the subject lines immediately tell a person whether something is wanted or for sale.

If you have an item you want to offer for sale, make the Topic Title start with "FS:" (for sale). As an example:

FS: 2003 Honda Accord

If you have an item you want to find, make the topic title start with "W:" (wanted). As in:

W: Walk behind mower in good condition

I just think this forum gets ignored a little and want to see if we can really make it useful to people.

Also, give me your input...should we combine this forum with the Networking one and call it the AUNation Marketplace? We could come up with a short abbreviation for job openings or positions wanted and then all in one place, we could see what's out there at a glance just by the thread title prefix.

How much are you asking for the Accord? I could also include a mower in the deal! :P

I think coming up with abbreviations is going to be too confusing. Why don't we make the convention for thread titles like this (should be self-explanatory):

FOR SALE:

ITEM WANTED:

JOB OPENING:

POSITION WANTED:

Any objections or better ideas?

I like it Titan...we could always do a subforum for employment..that way they'd be separated but still under the aunation marketplace...

I like it Titan...we could always do a subforum for employment..that way they'd be separated but still under the aunation marketplace...

I thought that since we only had 5 threads right now, we'd dump everything into one forum. But as the use grows, subforums would be the logical thing to do.

I think coming up with abbreviations is going to be too confusing. Why don't we make the convention for thread titles like this (should be self-explanatory):

FOR SALE:

ITEM WANTED:

JOB OPENING:

POSITION WANTED:

Any objections or better ideas?

I like it exactly like that. Abbreviations could confuse some on the board.

Archived