Auburn @ Kentucky

WJB

We've got athletes and hopefully are brimming with confidence after beating Vandy. I think we definitely have a chance. If we can shoot well and play good defense we should be in the game

I watched a good bit of UK/OM the other night and it was tight up to the end when UK pulled away a little. From what I saw, OM could have done much better without some wild 3s they kept launching for no reason. Dewayne Benedict Arnold Curtis looked good early and dominated the boards in the first part of the game.

I think we can hang with them pretty good if we play a little smarter than the Rebs did.

This ain't your daddy's UK team. Are they even ranked? Still UK wins in a game that's close for 3/4 of the game.

Prove me wrong Frank Tolbert!!!

If Auburn wins at Rupp then I'm sure Jim Fyffe will be all smile somewhere up on high.

Got that right!!!! God rest his soul!

I watched a good bit of UK/OM the other night and it was tight up to the end when UK pulled away a little. From what I saw, OM could have done much better without some wild 3s they kept launching for no reason. Dewayne Benedict Arnold Curtis looked good early and dominated the boards in the first part of the game.

I think we can hang with them pretty good if we play a little smarter than the Rebs did.

The key for Auburn is shooting and rebounding. If Auburn shoots the ball pretty good and can keep a close rebounding margin or keep an edge, I like our chances. Man, that would be awesome to start out 2-0 in SEC play!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!

I am going to the game against UT on the 17th. I have been slacking too much. Haven't been to a game yet this year. I am ashamed.

War Eagle! Tree the Cats!

what ch. is this going to be on in Auburn? I didn't see it on my TV guide

Whatever channel Lincoln Financial BB comes on. Over here in ATL on charter I think it is the CSS station.

This ain't your daddy's UK team. Are they even ranked? Still UK wins in a game that's close for 3/4 of the game.

nope, not ranked, but it's still at Rupp Arena. 22,000 people yelling at you from that close is something most of these guys have never faced. I hope they handle it well and come out shooting.

nope, not ranked, but it's still at Rupp Arena. 22,000 people yelling at you from that close is something most of these guys have never faced. I hope they handle it well and come out shooting.

not so far...

Could be another BIG loss! This is the type of game that makes you think....can we just give all of the coaches and assistants salaries to the gymnastics team so we can beat Bama at a sport they are good at!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::dance:

Regards

PLAYOFF

Coach Lebo a good coach but sometimes Auburn looks ................

If these guys could just make the shots.

Some of the worst shooting possible, by both teams

It's not pretty tonight...if they gave points for bouncing off the rim, we might be winning...

Easily, but they are playing hard. Making a few not-so-bright fouls, but playing hard nonetheless.

I will say this and shut up. If we continue to lose like this it should be the end for Lebo. In three years we have not gotten one bucket better. I do understand that he had a hard time with the mess Cliff left but darn..... It may seem like I am being hard on him but we have seen our worst loses in school history under him and this was to be the best team we have had since he got here. I know not a good team still but 2 losses of 30+. And yea better teams have gotten smacked at Rupp but not ar BEMC! Oh well lets go Baseball Tigers!

Regards

PLAYOFF

Even though we beat Vandy the other night, one of the things I saw from then and tonight's game was poor shot selection. We had that small run tonight when we were taking smarter shots, but for the most part our guys seem to throw up some ridiculous shots or rush the offense. Need to see some more passing and setting up shots. It almost seems like the guys are competing with each other on being the high scorer.

Also, turnovers...silly turnovers. Our guards need to quit all that fancy dribbling between their legs when trying to make a move to wing or post. Several times now I have also seen either Vandy or Kentucky steal the ball at around the foul line from our guards when they try to dribble between their legs as they make a move toward the basket by going down the middle of the lane. Just take the ball and drive...no need to be cute when making your move.

I remember in high school, when I was a sophomore on the varsity team, one of seniors who was a guard, was taking the ball down the court and as he crossed the half court line, he started dribbling between his legs, when he was still unguarded! Our coach, Wayne Bowling, who up at least up to a few years ago held the record for most career wins in the state of Alabama, went ballistic at him for doing that. Our guard never did it again, even in practice.

Even though we beat Vandy the other night, one of the things I saw from then and tonight's game was poor shot selection. We had that small run tonight when we were taking smarter shots, but for the most part our guys seem to throw up some ridiculous shots or rush the offense. Need to see some more passing and setting up shots. It almost seems like the guys are competing with each other on being the high scorer.

Also, turnovers...silly turnovers. Our guards need to quit all that fancy dribbling between their legs when trying to make a move to wing or post. Several times now I have also seen either Vandy or Kentucky steal the ball at around the foul line from our guards when they try to dribble between their legs as they make a move toward the basket by going down the middle of the lane. Just take the ball and drive...no need to be cute when making your move.

I remember in high school, when I was a sophomore on the varsity team, one of seniors who was a guard, was taking the ball down the court and as he crossed the half court line, he started dribbling between his legs, when he was still unguarded! Our coach, Wayne Bowling, who up at least up to a few years ago held the record for most career wins in the state of Alabama, went ballistic at him for doing that. Our guard never did it again, even in practice.

27.5% shooting ain't gonna get it done.

Archived