Auburn @ Kentucky

WJB

27.5% shooting ain't gonna get it done.

Dang! I knew it had to be bad, but I did not know it was that bad. I turned it off before I heard the final stats. Might as well say that out of every 20 shots we threw up, we only hit 5 of them. Goes back to what I was saying about better shot selection. I sure hope it ain't because our guys can't hit the broadside of a barn.

this is a difficult time for basketball. A new arena is coming but will it matter? Is Lebo the right coach?

How much time does he have? There is no reason now for Auburn not to be competitive, Kentucky

is not the team they used to be, the crowd was not a factor, Auburn just can't shoot. The effort is there

the team doesn't lay down , poor shots and turnovers kill em every time.

BAD game last night. Let me say this though I thought we were running good offense overall. We were moving the ball and getting rebounds we just could not get the damn rock to drop.

I want to say this and then prepare for some return shots.

Lebo is the right coach!!!! The talent level here when he arrived was terrible!!!!!! I mean terrible!

We have no seniors, one junior, and a butt load of sophs and frosh out there. They play with heart and intensity. They fly around the ball and work hard for every shot. No McDonalds All Americans out there, but how in the hell would we get them anyway????? :blink:

I am all behind this team. I may be in the minority, which I know I am from the home town crowds, but I see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. Our biggest problem is we cannot get a quality big man. And as long as we treat our basketball program like we have in the past, that will not change!

As for this game, the shooting was terrible. Too many missed chances for easy buckets killed us. They will learn, and be ready to play LSU this weekend. Get behind them, or get out and we will see you in Sept.

Sorry to be blount.....but I am tired of the fair weather, pesimistic fan.

Fire away! :rolleyes:

I will stand by you on your comments autigeremt. I think these kids are having a trial by fire to say the least. I am excited about Coach Lebo and this team.

I think the future is bright. We have some athletes finally on this team. Did you see that Kelvin Lewis kid lighting it up last night. He hit three 3's in a row. He looked totally smooth as well. Again we are young and will get better. We are still lacking a post presence and were horribly outmanned on the interior. The reason we shot around 25% and they shot over 50% is b/c we were chunking it from the cheap seats and they were shootin layups. I was watching kansas state and I saw this big white guy dunk it and who was it? Jason Bennett the 7'3' center from Florida that spurned us for k-state and a chance to play for Huggy Bear.

It's okay this may be the last year we don't make the post season. We are improving and if you noticed our half court trap did create a few turnovers. We've got to get higher percentage shots and better post play. That is one of the first things I would work on if I was Lebo. I think we have some young studs at guard. We will be fine. War Jeff Lebo bringing a championship to the plains.

War Jeff Lebo bringing a championship to the plains.

Now wait just a minute. Everyone knows that SPUAT is the basketball school.

I think the future is bright. We have some athletes finally on this team. Did you see that Kelvin Lewis kid lighting it up last night. He hit three 3's in a row. He looked totally smooth as well. Again we are young and will get better. We are still lacking a post presence and were horribly outmanned on the interior. The reason we shot around 25% and they shot over 50% is b/c we were chunking it from the cheap seats and they were shootin layups. I was watching kansas state and I saw this big white guy dunk it and who was it? Jason Bennett the 7'3' center from Florida that spurned us for k-state and a chance to play for Huggy Bear.

It's okay this may be the last year we don't make the post season. We are improving and if you noticed our half court trap did create a few turnovers. We've got to get higher percentage shots and better post play. That is one of the first things I would work on if I was Lebo. I think we have some young studs at guard. We will be fine. War Jeff Lebo bringing a championship to the plains.

I think you may be right, I want Coach Lebo to be here a long time. There are flashes of greatness on the team and he has been through some difficult times. Auburn WILL beat some teams in the coming weeks.

I want to say this and then prepare for some return shots.

Lebo is the right coach!!!! The talent level here when he arrived was terrible!!!!!! I mean terrible!

We have no seniors, one junior, and a butt load of sophs and frosh out there. They play with heart and intensity. They fly around the ball and work hard for every shot. No McDonalds All Americans out there, but how in the hell would we get them anyway????? :blink:

I am all behind this team. I may be in the minority, which I know I am from the home town crowds, but I see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. Our biggest problem is we cannot get a quality big man. And as long as we treat our basketball program like we have in the past, that will not change!

As for this game, the shooting was terrible. Too many missed chances for easy buckets killed us. They will learn, and be ready to play LSU this weekend. Get behind them, or get out and we will see you in Sept.

Sorry to be blount.....but I am tired of the fair weather, pesimistic fan.

Fire away! :rolleyes:

While I agree whole-heartedly with your sentiment, I must correct one thing.

Korvotney Barber was a McDonald's All-American. Josh Dollard was a 4* recruit, I believe.

Still, you've got only 5 players on this team who played last year. Only 5 who have been through an offseason with Lebo. We are missing ONE peice of the puzzle from being a post-season team. Add one talented big-man over 6-10, 260lb. and it should be the catalyst that puts a powerful team in motion. As long as transfers don't kill us, and Lebo can recruit a dominant power forward/center, the future is bright.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Our coach, Wayne Bowling, who up at least up to a few years ago held the record for most career wins in the state of Alabama,

Bald headed guy? With dark hair around the edges?

Coached at Winfield at some point and also some junior college?

Guest Tigrinum Major

I will say this and shut up. If we continue to lose like this it should be the end for Lebo. In three years we have not gotten one bucket better.

I stopped reading after this. I chalked your sorely misinformed opinion on one of three things: One, you haven't watched the team, three years ago or recently. Two, You know nothing about basketball and how to judge if a team has improved or not. Three, you think you're a "realist", but you're really a pessimistidiot.

I watched the first half only. The negative was exactly what many have alluded to. This team just plain cannot shoot. They were even banking free throws. Honestly, I don't know what Lebo can do about that. The half that I saw had Auburn getting great looks from all over the floor. I saw at least 4 point-blank range dunk/layups that were blown. Again, what do you do if you're Lebo?

That brings me to the positive. The fact that they WERE getting open looks, inside and out, is exactly why I think Lebo is doing a good job. Actually running an offensive play is a huge departure from Cliff's teams, which had the guard dribbling it down to 10 seconds and then everyone using their athletic ability to create a shot. They seem to run as good an offense as they can given their limited size. All he can do is teach them to play hard and smart. He seems to be doing that. But there are some things you can't teach. Either a guy can square up and hit an uncontested 15 foot jumper, or he can't.

I say keep on plugging away and stay the course with Lebo. If we stay behind him and this program (Or maybe START getting behind them) it will improve.

Jeff Lebo IS the man for the job. He is an excellent coach. Our offense have gotten plenty of open looks all year long, and just have been in a slump. We do need to get Vot more touches with the ball and IMO he needs to bank it in all the time on FT's it doesn't matter how pretty it looks, as long as the ball goes through the hoop.

The future looks bright and we still might make the NIT this year.

I really think the MAIN missing link is the fan support.

Also I love how this topic was much bigger than the Vandy win. Wonderful support guys, coming out of the woods to bash your team and coach.

Thanks to those that showed support.

Jeff Lebo IS the man for the job. He is an excellent coach. Our offense have gotten plenty of open looks all year long, and just have been in a slump. We do need to get Vot more touches with the ball and IMO he needs to bank it in all the time on FT's it doesn't matter how pretty it looks, as long as the ball goes through the hoop.

The future looks bright and we still might make the NIT this year.

I really think the MAIN missing link is the fan support.

Also I love how this topic was much bigger than the Vandy win. Wonderful support guys, coming out of the woods to bash your team and coach.

Thanks to those that showed support.

War AUTKIDD!!

Our coach, Wayne Bowling, who up at least up to a few years ago held the record for most career wins in the state of Alabama,

Bald headed guy? With dark hair around the edges?

Coached at Winfield at some point and also some junior college?

Nope, wrong guy. Coach Bowling started out his career at Danville High, where I went to school, and finished his career there. He coached there I guess for nearly 40 years, he even coached my dad. You don't see a coach stay in one place that long anymore, especially one as successful as him. He did get a few offers to coach at the college level, but he always turned them down. Coach Bowling is probably approaching his 70s now, but I just saw him the other day and as he has always stayed in shape, you would swear they guy was in his 40s.

Speaking of Winfield, we had to face them almost every year in sub-state or state playoffs. There was a guy that played for them, Bart Hyche, that I had to guard at times (I played guard and small forward). That boy could shoot from anywhere on the court. I was a year ahead of him I believe and he eventually signed with Miss. St.

Archived