Recruiting Rankings and Win Pct

StatTiger

Based on the rankings set by Scout.com from 2002-2005, here are the average rankings and win pct of the following SEC teams. The win Pct is based on the years 2004-2006. How did each school develop and profit from their recruiting?

Tennesse: #1 in recruiting with an average ranking of 5.5 but a win pct of 24th in the nation.

Georgia was #2 with an average recruiting class of 7.5 with a win pct of 12th.

LSU was #3 in recruiting with an average ranking of 9.5 and a win pct of 6th.

Florida was #4 in recruiting at 10.7 and a win pct ranking of 12th (tied with UGA).

Auburn was #5 in recruiting at 20.0 but had the 3rd highest win pct in the country.

Alabama had an average recruiting ranking of 29.2 with a win pct ranking of 38th.

Rivals.com recruiting rankings 2002-2005:

Georgia: 6.2

Tennessee: 8.7

LSU: 10.0

Florida: 11.0

Auburn: 12.7

Alabama: 28.0

:au::football::cheer:

That's a great stat! I always wondered if there was anyway to quantify the fact that this staff seems to get more out of the recruits they get than anyone. I guess this is it. The great part is, now we are pulling MANY more highly rated recruits in.

You guys have to remember we have a bad year of recruiting in there after Jet Gate. We pay for that year this year.

You guys have to remember we have a bad year of recruiting in there after Jet Gate. We pay for that year this year.

I am not sure it affects us at all. We had good classes on both sides of that one. I don't think one class makes or breaks you. Now a couple like that one and that is a horse of a different color!

I am not sure it affects us at all. We had good classes on both sides of that one. I don't think one class makes or breaks you. Now a couple like that one and that is a horse of a different color!

I was refencing that it was bringing down the average.

Stat why isn't the win loss percent from 03 to 06?

2003-2006 Win Pct:

LSU: 4th

Auburn: 8th

Georgia: 10th

Florida: 16th

Tennessee: 21st

Alabama: 62nd

So you going with wood, chain link, or barbed wire on that new fence? :poke:

So you going with wood, chain link, or barbed wire on that new fence? :poke:

Referencing!

Absolute King of the Fat Fingered Post

I suppose you cant read Titles under the Avatars either huh? B)

Archived