New Arena to Have Corp Name

Boonan

Here is the part of the article form the Bham news on al.com

Auburn will sell the naming rights to the new arena to a corporate sponsor. The rights' agreement would be for at least 10 years, Jacobs said.

:puke:

Here is the part of the article form the Bham news on al.com

Auburn will sell the naming rights to the new arena to a corporate sponsor. The rights' agreement would be for at least 10 years, Jacobs said.

:puke:

Anything for the almighty dollar. Does it not occur to Jay Jacobs et al that we might want to honor past coaches and players? Or is money the bottom line for everything?

Does it not occur to everyone else that new things cost money?

I have led the charge in championing a new BB facility but the money has to come from somewhere. Here is an idea. Save your pennies and buy the rights yourself.

here is part of the same story in the Huntsville Times, not quite as definite

"But Jacobs cautioned that there is still much to be decided.

"We won't know what it's going to cost until we get 360 on board and describe to them what we want," Jacobs said.

Jacobs said a large portion of the arena will be financed through borrowed money, but he said the department will seek private and corporate donations. He said the arena could have corporate name.

"Everything is on the table," Jacobs said.

There are also plans to renovate Auburn's athletic complex, which opened in 1989."

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i....xml&coll=1

Personnally, I am looking forward to going to games at the Guthrie's Dome.

I was pulliung for Mama G's arena. Be able to get a Momma's Love during the BB games.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I dreamt about Momma G's last night, no lie. I had a Big Momma and some of those Doritos nachos.

It was glorious.

If either of our suggestions are taken, then the concessions will be improved, a situation that is sorely needed.

i'm guessing the colonial bank arena or the yellawood arena, but hell why not the verizon arena

Under Armour

Protect this house.

That would be great. "The Flush".

Think of the sayings for different teams. "Flush the Tide" and so on.

Personally I do not mind having a corporate name. It will alleviate some of the costs and we can still dedicate the court to someone.

I for one am excited about a new arena. It was have been crazy loud last night with a smaller arena with a roof that did not go millions of feet into the air.

Guest Tigrinum Major

That would be great. "The Flush".

Think of the sayings for different teams. "Flush the Tide" and so on.

Personally I do not mind having a corporate name. It will alleviate some of the costs and we can still dedicate the court to someone.

I for one am excited about a new arena. It was have been crazy loud last night with a smaller arena with a roof that did not go millions of feet into the air.

I commend you for your progressive way of thinking.

How about "Hooters Hoops Heaven". Make the building a dome...with an ornamental decoration at the top...decorate in orange...sell wings during the game...the possibilities are endless!!!! :P

David, since this site pull in so many Dabloons, why not the AUNation.net Pavilion? Or maybe just AUNation.net court. Or maybe AUNation.net North baseline?

David, since this site pull in so many Dabloons, why not the AUNation.net Pavilion? Or maybe just AUNation.net court. Or maybe AUNation.net North baseline?

If we all chip in $20 and get 20 friends each to chip in $20 I could retire in the Bahamas we could name it the AUNation.net arena.

I vote for "Harry's Arena." Where the Elite meet. Where Entelligence is a Virtue.

I always loved that "Entelligence..." one.

But would you be able to stay at Harry's Arena drinking all night long as long as someone was buying and leave the next morning in the daylight? Would you be able to write on the walls and the roof? That could cause some logistical problems.

But hey, as long as you could pee in the corner if the men's room was full and no one was watching.

(Yes, my roommate actually did this once. No, we were not sober.)

The older I get, the more I miss college.

Archived