New Arena to Have Corp Name

Boonan

Here is the part of the article form the Bham news on al.com

Auburn will sell the naming rights to the new arena to a corporate sponsor. The rights' agreement would be for at least 10 years, Jacobs said.

:puke:

Anything for the almighty dollar. Does it not occur to Jay Jacobs et al that we might want to honor past coaches and players? Or is money the bottom line for everything?

Well in case anyone hasnt noticed our basketball program hasnt exactly been raking in the dough the last few years. Im pretty sure any players who might want to come here arent going to give a rip what the name of the building is..just that it exists. And weve been making expensive renovations to some other athletic facilities so I dont think theres a lot laying around. We need this building asap because BEMC is getting worse and worse while other schools build new ones. At least it wouldnt be permanent, and theres not exactly a legacy of great basketball coaches at Auburn. But we could call it the Barkley Building :big: . Idk it just doesnt seem like much of an issue to me..sure id rather not have it named after some company, but we need a better atmosphere and facilities for the players.

I vote for "Harry's Arena." Where the Elite meet. Where Entelligence is a Virtue.

I always loved that "Entelligence..." one.

The last year it was open, the did one that said "Proverbs 31:7" which is my all time favorite.

I vote for "Harry's Arena." Where the Elite meet. Where Entelligence is a Virtue.

I always loved that "Entelligence..." one.

The last year it was open, the did one that said "Proverbs 31:7" which is my all time favorite.

I had to look it up. That was a good laugh for a dreary day in Atlanta.

Proverbs 31:7

"let them drink and forget their poverty

and remember their misery no more."

Amen

Still alot of ifs as far as name goes. Jacobs said they may go the coporate route and that it would probably be a ten year agreement. So sounds to me like we can change the name to whatever we want after that initial "Colonial Bank Cneter" or "Under Armour Arena" runs out. Ill take their millions to build it and then change the name later any day. The arena 360 built for Mizzou is pretty cool. I hope with go with something that feels like a gigantic gymnasium rather than that big round arena feel.

I like the name Under Armour Arena or Healthsouth Arena or some other sports related company. Who cares if the arena has a corporate name if the company pays to have it built. Some of you are so uptight. Beard-Eaves is a dump and it is wayyyy past time to have it replaced.

Yellawood as the corporate sponsor = "Tha Yella Barn"

What other school calls the basketball arena the barn? Kansas State or Iowa?

We would totally legitamize the nickname and shut every bammer up that uses the term.

Welcome to the Barn, prepare for the beatdown.

David, since this site pull in so many Dabloons, why not the AUNation.net Pavilion? Or maybe just AUNation.net court. Or maybe AUNation.net North baseline?

If we all chip in $20 and get 20 friends each to chip in $20 I could retire in the Bahamas we could name it the AUNation.net arena.

Time to replace your calculator.

I actually like "the Barn" that does not sound half bad. And to be honest I'd much rather be a cow college than anything else.

How 'bout they design to look like a massive barn.

Well.....if things go as they have around the land...

Under Armor Arena at Yellawood Court. ;)

Who knows???? It could be Verizon Wireless Center???

It will probably be "Lowder Court at Colonial Arena".

But I can see the wheels spinning on the other side of the state right now. For Bryant, Jr. and Drummond $35M is a lunch expense. How bad would it suck to have the thing named "Bryant Arena"?

Screw corporate sponsorship. I'd rather continue to have the basketball team (and football team for that matter) play in a vacant lot than to whore out the naming rights. That sickens me.

But I can see the wheels spinning on the other side of the state right now. For Bryant, Jr. and Drummond $35M is a lunch expense. How bad would it suck to have the thing named "Bryant Arena"?

Screw corporate sponsorship. I'd rather continue to have the basketball team (and football team for that matter) play in a vacant lot than to whore out the naming rights. That sickens me.

It may end up being named after a former coach or player. They need to give Beard and Eaves a place in there somewhere for sure!

It may end up being named after a former coach or player. They need to give Beard and Eaves a place in there somewhere for sure!

To be honest the basketball coach that deserves his name on an arena the most... Joe Ciampi.

How bout we honor cliff ellis and call it

Cliff's Dwelling

or how about

Charle's Round Mound

They need to get a corporate sponser to do this. Much rather have some companies name on it than using the idea of raising tuition to pay for it that they did earlier.

Who cares if its corporate, people have been screaming for a new arena for years, if someone is willing to pay for it then good.

I agree with MoWegl. We need a new basketball arena badly to be competitive on a consistent basis in both men and women's basketball. Recruits pretty much come to Auburn and laugh at BEMC, if they come at all. Who cares if it had a corporate name for 10 years? Once we get the arena, the recruits, and win the national championship under Lebo's stewardship, then it will be time to name it Lebo's House of Pain. :big:

I agree with MoWegl. We need a new basketball arena badly to be competitive on a consistent basis in both men and women's basketball. Recruits pretty much come to Auburn and laugh at BEMC, if they come at all. Who cares if it had a corporate name for 10 years? Once we get the arena, the recruits, and win the national championship under Lebo's stewardship, then it will be time to name it Lebo's House of Pain. :big:

WAFFLE HOUSE ARENA!!!!!

Archived