Ziemba Story from TI...

DKW 86

Now that he's committed to AU, a quick Lee Ziemba story... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He came to our camp 2 summers ago after already camping at AU and OU. During one drill, Coach Connelly was trying to "coach him up" on his stance and Lee wouldn't cooperate. Because he was arguably the best lineman there even at his young age (numerous current OL for us were also there), FCBC was giving him special attention because he was going to be recruited by us this year. After FCBC asked him over and over to do it his way, Lee stated that this advice was directly contradictory to what he was taught at OU and AU. FCBC said, "Well they're wrong," to which Lee faced up and responded, "They may be wrong, but they whipped your @$$ with it." FCBC didn't say a word and it was clear from that moment that we didn't have a chance with Lee.

True story.

It is from TI, so salt, grains, and stuff...

My kind of guy.

given the play of the $puat offensive line over the past 2 years, I would say Lee made the right decision! Oh and besides Lee isn't crapstone material anyway, so they didn't want him.

Sounds as if this kid knew a load of horse crap when he smelled it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He came to our camp 2 summers ago after already camping at AU and OU. During one drill, Coach Connelly was trying to "coach him up" on his stance and Lee wouldn't cooperate. Because he was arguably the best lineman there even at his young age (numerous current OL for us were also there), FCBC was giving him special attention because he was going to be recruited by us this year. After FCBC asked him over and over to do it his way, Lee stated that this advice was directly contradictory to what he was taught at OU and AU. FCBC said, "Well they're wrong," to which Lee faced up and responded, "They may be wrong, but they whipped your @$$ with it." FCBC didn't say a word and it was clear from that moment that we didn't have a chance with Lee.

True story.

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is an "FCBC?"

True story.

F=Effin

C=Coach

B=BillBubbaBob?

C=Connelly

I am just taking a guess. I truly dont have a clue. :no:

True story.

F=Effin

C=Coach

B=BillBubbaBob?

C=Connelly

I was thinking Former Coach B. Connelly...but given the way their line's been of late, I can see some Bama fans using a different "F" word!

True story.

F=Effin

C=Coach

B=BillBubbaBob?

C=Connelly

I was thinking Former Coach B. Connelly...but given the way their line's been of late, I can see some Bama fans using a different "F" word!

Wouldnt that be XCBC than? I know it would be to me...

Of course, you realize that if it hadn't been for that remark from FCBC (or XCBC), Lee would have been willing to walk on at bama before accepting a scholarship anywhere else B)

I was about to say...given Bama's O-line play the last couple of years, Connelly is the last person on earth to be taking advice from.

Connelly is gone. Even with his crappy coaching and Freshman dotting the OL, Bama put up more than 100 yds than AU in last years game. It would be prudent to start fearing the Nicktator.

I was about to say...given Bama's O-line play the last couple of years, Connelly is the last person on earth to be taking advice from.

Connelly is gone. Even with his crappy coaching and Freshman dotting the OL, Bama put up more than 100 yds than AU in last years game. It would be prudent to start fearing the Nicktator.

Ahhh, another moral victory, somethings never change BP... ;)

I must have missed it when NCAA started going with ypg instead of points to award wins. Please tell me some rule changes that I may have missed. Brodie informed me about the whole, "if you take away their 21 points in the first half, we won 18-7" rule.

And what exactly did $aban have to do with that? Also, since you probably haven't noticed, being a SPUAT fan and all, the team having more POINTS wins, not the team with more yards.

Ahhh, another moral victory, somethings never change BP... ;)

bammer gets 100 mre yards, AND had more fumbles and passes intercepted. Still, they were far superior to us on the field where it really matters.

Did everyone see ALL of bama's great Heisman winners of the past introduced before the game ?

BP, yards is great and all, but the object is to WIN the game.. Yards don't translate into points either... gotta overcome that fear of the 20 yard line and learn to score first.....baby steps, bp, baby steps...

BP, yards is great and all, but the object is to WIN the game.. Yards don't translate into points either... gotta overcome that fear of the 20 yard line and learn to score first.....baby steps, bp, baby steps...

The suggestion of baby steps shouldn't be all that hard for BP. After all, it wasn't all that long ago he was a baby.

Archived