Meyer to a recruit: Richt is leaving for FSU

SouthLink02

Scumbag told a UGA commit Troupe that Richt was planning on leaving UGA for FSU and whatnot.

UGASports.com has an audio interview with him where he says he was told that....

And then in the 'War Room'...a UGASports writer says Troupe tells him it was Meyer that sat him down and told him that.

I know rumors are thrown around and I said in a previous post on this board that it is cut-throat and here is an example.

I think it is hilarious that a scumbag like Meyer comes up with this when Richt didnt even return Miami's call for their HC position and is all but locked up at UGA for the next 5-7 years with 0 shot of an FSU buyout.

A college coach tells a prospective recruit an unfounded rumor about a rival. Whoa -- alert the media. :rolleyes:

You guys have to fight fire with fire. Tell the UF recruits you want at UGA that Meyer has a buyout clause in his contract for his dream job at Michigan. As soon as Lloyd Carr is given the boot, guess which current Div-1A coach is crawling on his belly over broken glass up to Big Blue country? :big:

He's a POS! They're signing 175 5* All-American blue chips and he has to lie about something like that with a recruit. That said, I don't have a dog in this fight so as long as he doesn't try to lure some AU recruits we're in good standing :roflol: .

This article illustrates just how volatile recruiting is going to become now. One interesting scenario is that LSU folks will work against Satan, eh sorry, Satan. With Myer apparently already unethical in his approach,

Auburn needs to be EXTRA CAREFUL to adhere to the rules. I believe that CTT does that already but we need to remember that every time Auburn has become more successful than "that other school" we have somehow wound up in trouble. We SHOULD NOT forget that or why! JMO

The gloves are about to come off.

Ray Melick, Birmingham News, Saturday, January 20, 2007

That's how a former SEC coach described the football recruiting wars that many fans and coaches anticipate during the next few years in the Southeastern Conference.

Alabama's hiring of Nick Saban has made the Crimson Tide a player again in recruiting, particularly with the staff he has assembled. Longtime NFL executive Gil Brandt said no one evaluates talent better than Saban, and his reputation as a recruiter is that no one will work longer or harder.

At the same time, Auburn worked hard to get the upper hand in this state, and nobody on the Plain is going to give that up without a fight. Tommy Tuberville and his staff have established their own reputations as recruiters, landing consistent top-10 classes. They are not going to back down simply because Nick Saban is in town. And now you throw in Louisiana. With Saban back in the SEC, it's only natural that he would go back and try to open up a Louisiana pipeline, to try to re-establish connections in that state.

A coach who has worked at several SEC schools told me the people who used to help Saban in Louisiana will now do everything they can to stop him, because they feel jilted by Saban's decision to come back to another SEC school, and especially because it's to Alabama. All coaches watch recruiting, and coaches who don't have to compete against schools in the SEC use words like "fascinating" and "combustible" when considering the possibilities. It's not as if recruiting isn't heated already, but now they expect the battles to turn into molten lava.

Why?

The alumni base at Alabama is rejuvenated. The alumni base at Auburn is determined. The alumni base at LSU feels betrayed and threatened.

And when fans get excited, very often bad things happen. Page 2 of 2

All three sets of alumni have a few mavericks who have been known over the years to pay no attention to rules.

Recruiting, at best, is a cesspool (although basketball recruiting makes what goes on in football seem almost pristine by comparison). Even if you believe the coaching staffs at Alabama, Auburn and LSU are determined to recruit the right way and follow the rules, who polices the fans?

No matter how hard those staffs try to do it right, the wild card is always a fan base that has developed a deep, emotional connection to its school, that knows nothing about rules, and that cares only about making sure its school comes out on top.

It often starts out as an act of generosity, something as simple as buying a Big Mac or providing a hand-me-down jacket to a kid who needs one.

Sometimes it's an act of compassion, offering financial help to a family that lacks the means to provide for itself.

But soon, what were once "gifts" become "investments." And no one makes an investment without expecting some kind of a return.

Can these coaches control what goes on behind the scenes?

Will they even really try?

Deserved or not, recruiting in the SEC has always had a bad reputation.

A lot of people believe it's only going to get worse.

Ray Melick's column appears on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Write him at rmelick@bhamnews.com

We have Garner as our Recruiting Coordinator....I don't doubt we use fire anyway

And I know for a FACT that UGA has probably used the "Coach A won't be here in 2-3 years" excuse for schools like USC....what I am laughing about is Urban Meyer himself sitting this kid down 2 days ago and telling him Richt is already going to FSU, ext....

I have yet to hear stories of Richt sitting kids down and telling them that....assistants? Sure...I have heard that stuff....but the HC directly?

What a scumbag

Florida is building a reputation of being the most negative recruiters in the SEC. LSU/Florida are in a fight with the #1 receiver in the nation Terraince Toliver, the UF staff is telling him LSU's staff is lying to him about LSU's wr. commitments. :no:

Florida is building a reputation of being the most negative recruiters in the SEC. LSU/Florida are in a fight with the #1 receiver in the nation Terraince Toliver, the UF staff is telling him LSU's staff is lying to him about LSU's wr. commitments. :no:

Agreed.

Every program lies to recruits about other schools....trust me, I know for a fact that some UGA assistants tell some USC recruits that Saban won't last....but you WILL NOT catch Richt telling kids that face-to-face.

UF is taking things to another level, imo.

Anybody who has Rodney Garner recruiting for them should NEVER call someone else a scumbag. If Meyers said that, I think it's wrong but it may be that Garner's tactics are coming home to roost. Richt may not say those things, I don't know, but Garner works for Richt and represents the U. of Ga.

Auburn needs to be EXTRA CAREFUL to adhere to the rules. I believe that CTT does that already but we need to remember that every time Auburn has become more successful than "that other school" we have somehow wound up in trouble. We SHOULD NOT forget that or why! JMO

The gloves are about to come off.

I just want to reinforce this idea! I have no doubt that CTT & his staff will do everything right. But all Auburn men and women need to constantly remind themselves and their friends of this. We don't need your help if that help is illegal!

Just when I thought the SEC might be moving away from its days of corruption, animosity towards rivals seem to be heating up again. Bama can't stand us having the upper hand for the last five years; LSU fans are apparently out to get Saban & Bama; Arkansas fans may get desperate if things continue to melt down there; I'm sure some Bama fans are determined to get revenge on Fulmer for his involvement in their case; Orgeron's tactics at Ole Miss concern me; and in the East the recruiting wars between UT, UGA and UF are heating up with Spurrier putting more pressure on all of them. Things are looking uglier everywhere I turn in the SEC.

These are dangerous times, ladies and gentlemen, and we should rest assured that any misbehavior on our part WILL be found out and WILL BE USED AGAINST US by our opponents. I hope every Auburn supporter stays vigilent against any NCAA violations, and I hope CTT and his staff reinforce this idea every time they speak to fans, boosters, and the general public.

Great posot quietfan. I wondered why nobody on this board seemed to heed the words earlier or react to them. :thumbsup: This is a CRITICAL POINT in these times.

Richt may not say those things, I don't know

He doesn't....that is a fact

Can you say the same about Garner?

I have said on this site alone and even in this thread that I am sure UGA assistants play the "Coach A is leaving" or gossip game about other schools.

It's part of the reality of recruiting these days.

Why I made this thread was because I am laughing at the HC directly telling people these things.

With all the shaddy recruiting I have heard out of Tennessee, I don't hear Fulmer directly telling recruits these things nor do I hear of Spurrier telling them things. Usually comes from the assistants mouths.

You think Garner is dirty, that's fine. You have told me the rumors before....I still say and will continue to say that he is doing things that every other SEC school does recruiting wise.

I have said on this site alone and even in this thread that I am sure UGA assistants play the "Coach A is leaving" or gossip game about other schools.

Why I made this thread was because I am laughing at the HC directly telling people these things.

With all the shaddy recruiting I have heard out of Tennessee, I don't hear Fulmer directly telling recruits these things nor do I hear of Spurrier telling them things. Usually comes from the assistants mouths.

You think Garner is dirty, that's fine. You have told me the rumors before....I still say and will continue to say that he is doing things that every other SEC school does recruiting wise.

No, you aren't laughing at the HC doing these things. You are pissed. Rightfully so, but don't say you're laughing when you're not.

You say you know for a fact that Richt doesn't "say those things." I can tell you with just as much fact that I know Garner has been a bag man and doing nasty recruiting. No rumor to it. I've suggested before that you talk to Fulmer about Garner. He ran Garner off because the hounds were on his trail. And coming from UT that says a lot.

Also can you tell me who at Auburn is doing the things you suggest. I just think you are doing the old "everybody does it" thing without offering any facts to back it up. Don't turn into a BG on me. :lol:

And FWIW, I seriously doubt Richt will still be at GA when this years recruits are Juniors.

No, you aren't laughing at the HC doing these things. You are pissed. Rightfully so, but don't say you're laughing when you're not.

I used to just grit my teeth and get angry but after dealing with my ex-girlfriend, I have mastered the laughing while pissed off routine.

It's good. I promise

You say you know for a fact that Richt doesn't "say those things."

Look at recruits and tell them another coach is leaving their school? Yes, I can say that he doesn't. Now, assistants? I am sure they do it....it is part of recruiting these days to gossip about other places.

I just think you are doing the old "everybody does it" thing without offering any facts to back it up

Kind of like "I can tell you Garner is cheating. No rumor to it" without any facts behind it? :lol:

And FWIW, I seriously doubt Richt will still be at GA when this years recruits are Juniors.

:lol:

That will be right after Tubs bolts for A&M

You say you know for a fact that Richt doesn't "say those things."

Look at recruits and tell them another coach is leaving their school? Yes, I can say that he doesn't. Now, assistants? I am sure they do it....it is part of recruiting these days to gossip about other places.

I just think you are doing the old "everybody does it" thing without offering any facts to back it up

Kind of like "I can tell you Garner is cheating. No rumor to it" without any facts behind it? :lol:

:lol:

That will be right after Tubs bolts for A&M

You are becoming more like BG every day. You said "everybody does it." I asked you who at Auburn is doing it. And now you are dancing. :poke:

You are becoming more like BG every day. You said "everybody does it." I asked you who at Auburn is doing it. And now you are dancing. :poke:

And I asked you for proof of what Garner did according to your "It isnt a rumor because I said so" post....

I have never said Auburn was cheating or dirty or anything. I said Garner does what many other recruiters do across the SEC.

I have said in numerous posts before that I have had family/friends be recruited by several schools across the SEC and its pretty funny being on the otherside of the recruiting battles when you know the kids pretty well.

I just had to point out how funny it is that you said my "Everyone did it" post was bad because I didn't present facts yet you said Garner cheats yet didn't have any facts either... :lol:

You are becoming more like BG every day.

You should all be so lucky.

Actually Slink, I should apologize to you. I should not have ever made such a comparison. Even a dawg doesn't deserve that.

You are becoming more like BG every day.

You should all be so lucky.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

"You know in some cultures they only eat vomit."

Archived