UGA/BAMA...what the hell???

AUHansel

Secondly, you dont blow an 18 point second half lead and blame the game on the refs. Im sorry. Alabama made great adjustments at the half. And got screwed I dont know HOW many times with them not calling over the back on either of the two big reds for UGA. They were over the back on almost every rebound attempt.

BG, I didn't see the game, and don't really have a dog in this fight...but since when is being over the back a foul?? As an official for 16 years, OVER THE BACK has NEVER been a foul. Over the back??? So what...He out jumped the other guy...tell your man to jump higher.... A foul requires contact...Over the Back is NOTHING If a player behind you reaches over your head and grabs a rebound, are you telling me thats a foul when he never touched you?? Over the back doesn't at all indicate contact...for there to be a foul, contact has to occur...

And am I the only person on earth that clearly saw him shuffle his feet after picking up the dribble...before the pivot foot issue you guys are debating happened? I rewound that a couple of times too. Even my wife said, who could give a flip about b'ball, "how can a ref miss that?" I said I guess he was so concerned with watching to see if the shot got off in time he didn't pay attention.

BG, I didn't see the game, and don't really have a dog in this fight...but since when is being over the back a foul?? As an official for 16 years, OVER THE BACK has NEVER been a foul. Over the back??? So what...He out jumped the other guy...tell your man to jump higher.... A foul requires contact...Over the Back is NOTHING If a player behind you reaches over your head and grabs a rebound, are you telling me thats a foul when he never touched you?? Over the back doesn't at all indicate contact...for there to be a foul, contact has to occur...

As someone who has played basketball for 17 years and also reffed before...i know what over the back is.

I should have been more specific so here goes. What about all the calls that the refs missed when a UGA player CLEARLY went over the back of a player who had position advantage in regards to the rim. And in the process of going OVER their back, they a) made contact with the body and b ) made contact with their arms that were horizontal in nature in attempt to get a rebound.

But I figured everyone KNEW what I was talking about without me being so explicit. Guess I was wrong.

BG, I saw the ball change direction at full speed from the regular game camera angle. It wasn't miniscule. The ball clearly and suddenly goes almost straight down after traveling on an arc that in no way would have gone that way unimpeded. I rewound it because initially the announcers were saying it didn't hit and I wanted to look at it again myself. I didn't need slow mo, all I did was confirm the look.

So the announcers saw the same thing I saw. Guess they were cheating too.

As someone who has played basketball for 17 years and also reffed before...i know what over the back is.

I should have been more specific so here goes. What about all the calls that the refs missed when a UGA player CLEARLY went over the back of a player who had position advantage in regards to the rim. And in the process of going OVER their back, they a) made contact with the body and b ) made contact with their arms that were horizontal in nature in attempt to get a rebound.

But I figured everyone KNEW what I was talking about without me being so explicit. Guess I was wrong.

BG, I saw the ball change direction at full speed from the regular game camera angle. It wasn't miniscule. The ball clearly and suddenly goes almost straight down after traveling on an arc that in no way would have gone that way unimpeded. I rewound it because initially the announcers were saying it didn't hit and I wanted to look at it again myself. I didn't need slow mo, all I did was confirm the look.

then you should also know the principle of advantage disadvantage as well, right? Did this contact cause your player to travel, lose the ball out of bounds, double dribble?? If none of those occured then the discretion of the official is why stop the game for some little contact that didn't result in anything else happening...In other words, the UGa player by doing it, didn't gain an advantage..If some of those things did happen as a result then YES they should have been called..

BG, keep your shorts on. The game camera is across the floor from the scorer's table where the announcers sit. You can hardly expect them to get it right when they are on the opposite side of rim from where it hit and half a court away. The ref who is responsible for making that call however is another story.

And I don't think they cheated. I just think they blew the call. Badly.

well I watched all the plays in full speed, I thought it was pretty obvious that the ball grazed the rim in real time because it clearly changed directions. If it hadnt hit the rim it would have air balled and just went straight out of bounds. I think thats pretty clear. I think if it took you 4 times to see that you either 1. have very bad vision or 2. have some pretty thick glasses on.

The refs blew the whistle while the ball was in the air (thats why alabama was able to get the ball on the jump ball/possession arrow), so i think SL has a valid point that it affected the UGA players catching and holding the ball. Just think about what happened..first you hear the shot clock buzzer then a whistle while you are trying to catch it..its going to throw you off and anything after that is mute.

As far as the travel goes it was obvious. I think youve got some pretty thick glasses on here. Even the announcers made a slight remark (didnt say that the officials were completely wrong cause theyll get in trouble for that) then the studio guy said something about it and then the announcers of the next game coming on said something about it. BG everyone knows it was a travel including you deep inside. And yes bama was lucky..UGA didnt get another chance to get the ball after those two calls/no call against them. Calls made during the other parts of the game you have a chance to overcome.

But thats life on the road in the SEC- youre not gonna get many calls. UAT wont be getting those calls when they come to BEMC Tues night so they better be the better team if they expect to win.

well I watched all the plays in full speed, I thought it was pretty obvious that the ball grazed the rim in real time because it clearly changed directions. If it hadnt hit the rim it would have air balled and just went straight out of bounds. I think thats pretty clear. I think if it took you 4 times to see that you either 1. have very bad vision or 2. have some pretty thick glasses on.

The refs blew the whistle while the ball was in the air (thats why alabama was able to get the ball on the jump ball/possession arrow), so i think SL has a valid point that it affected the UGA players catching and holding the ball. Just think about what happened..first you hear the shot clock buzzer then a whistle while you are trying to catch it..its going to throw you off and anything after that is mute.

As far as the travel goes it was obvious. I think youve got some pretty thick glasses on here. Even the announcers made a slight remark (didnt say that the officials were completely wrong cause theyll get in trouble for that) then the studio guy said something about it and then the announcers of the next game coming on said something about it. BG everyone knows it was a travel including you deep inside. And yes bama was lucky..UGA didnt get another chance to get the ball after those two calls/no call against them. Calls made during the other parts of the game you have a chance to overcome.

But thats life on the road in the SEC- youre not gonna get many calls. UAT wont be getting those calls when they come to BEMC Tues night so they better be the better team if they expect to win.

Thank YOU

:thumbsup:

I dont want to argue any more. Southlink is my boy and I cant be upset with him for long. You think the refs jobbed you, I think it was a gutty comeback on our part.

Either way, it was a well played game on both sides. And I think UGA is better than they are getting credit for. If that game was in Athens we lose...no question about it.

But as it stands, we get one in the W column. And I'll take it. Its been a rough couple of weeks for bama basketball fans...what with us getting punked in Fayetteville and Nashville and all...

It was so funny. The UGA kids were running off the court with 1's in the air and pointing to the student section as they went to the locker room for half time. Let's just say... they didn't pull that crap at the end of the game. The Dogs were getting dogged. :roflol:

It was so funny. The UGA kids were running off the court with 1's in the air and pointing to the student section as they went to the locker room for half time. Let's just say... they didn't pull that crap at the end of the game. The Dogs were getting dogged. :roflol:

Yeah, it was something to hear "We just beat the hell out of you" after skating by on one, possibly two blown calls in the final minute to win by a basket.

So...what exactly is wrong with what they were doing?

Seems like a pretty lame reason to say they got dogged but maybe thats me

Archived