Basketball Iron Bowl Tuesday at 8

nimsjus

Guest Tigrinum Major

Hopefully you all don't have the same refs that we had against UA

If we do, expect some major calling out of refs on this board. No excuse to miss such a blatant call, no matter what stage of the game.

Not to make excuses, but traveling probably gets called more inconsistently at all levels for one simple reason: The official in the worst position to make that call is the one responsible for it.

The official close to the action is watching what everyone else is watching, the ball. You want to make sure that a dribbler or shooter is not fouled and your field of vision is limited. It's much easier to catch with a wider view of the floor and the player. By not having a wide enough field of vision, the feet are the last thing you look at.

Watch the traveling calls in the next few games you witness. The calls will be made by an official at least ten feet away from the player who violates.

Hopefully you all don't have the same refs that we had against UA

If we do, expect some major calling out of refs on this board. No excuse to miss such a blatant call, no matter what stage of the game.

Not to make excuses, but traveling probably gets called more inconsistently at all levels for one simple reason: The official in the worst position to make that call is the one responsible for it.

The official close to the action is watching what everyone else is watching, the ball. You want to make sure that a dribbler or shooter is not fouled and your field of vision is limited. It's much easier to catch with a wider view of the floor and the player. By not having a wide enough field of vision, the feet are the last thing you look at.

Watch the traveling calls in the next few games you witness. The calls will be made by an official at least ten feet away from the player who violates.

I agree, but come on the call was so obvious that even the concession stand people could have blown a whistle.

I've officiated basketball myself and am not one to give them much grief...it's a difficult job and basketball is probably THE most difficult sport to officiate.

That said, the official/crew just flat missed the traveling and it came at a time when there was no opportunity for UGA to overcome it.

Back on topic, I'll be watching tonight...hope our guys can pull this one out.

Little blur eyed this morning but was deffinitely worth the drive! These kids hustle!

Not sure what was funnier??????

1) singing that beloved tune Rammer Jammer to them.

or

2) singing "O VER RATED clap clap clapclapclap"

or

singing "We want Saban clap clap clapclapclap"

Archived