I would like to congratulate the referees

whiteplainstiger

I would like to congratulate the referees for Bammers victory over UGA in basketball yesterday. I wonder if Godfried has sent them a thank you note for the terrible calls that went the Criminal Tides way. There is no doubt the referess were the deciding factor in that game.

I would like to congratulate the referees for Bammers victory over UGA in basketball yesterday. I wonder if Godfried has sent them a thank you note for the terrible calls that went the Criminal Tides way. There is no doubt the referess were the deciding factor in that game.

Yes, holding true to Auburn excuses...Bama has never won a game in the history of their athletic programs...where they didnt cheat...or the refs didnt give it to them.

Oh well. Ill take the W.

Bama has never won a game in the history of their athletic programs...where they didnt cheat...

Oh well. Ill take the W.

Thank you...You finally admit it.... :poke: JK BG... :big:

Still wish I could see this controversial call....Call me what you will, but it was UGA that blew a HUGE lead in that game.... Why know mention of that?? Officials have never cost a team a game....EVER....People that point to one or two calls over the course of a game where (in football) you may get 40-50+ plays, and in basketball you have momentum shifts and BLOWN LEADS really need to look at the big picture.

Someone please put this up on Youtube or host it for us to see...I really want to see it..well, THEM.....cause there were two being talked about....

I am over it now.

:thumbsdown:

I am over it now.

I really dont care if youre over it or not. I dont need permission from a Mutt fan to make a post on an Auburn message board. It is my opinion that the referees had a lot to do with the Bammers winning that game. I hate the Mutts almost as much as I hate the Bammers , so you should not take my post as defending the Mutts. I would have made the same post about any game where I thought bad calls by the referees were the deciding factor in the outcome of a game.

I really dont care if youre over it are not.

No one said you did but apparently you do care...

I dont need permission from a Mutt fan to make a post on an Auburn message board.

Did you figure this out on your own? Kudos...

I hate the Mutts almost as much as I hate the Bammers , so you should not take my post as defending the Mutts.

Oh man, I can't? What am I going to do!!! :lol:

Bama has never won a game in the history of their athletic programs...where they didnt cheat...

Oh well. Ill take the W.

Still wish I could see this controversial call....Call me what you will, but it was UGA that blew a HUGE lead in that game.... Why know mention of that?? Officials have never cost a team a game....EVER....People that point to one or two calls over the course of a game where (in football) you may get 40-50+ plays, and in basketball you have momentum shifts and BLOWN LEADS really need to look at the big picture.

Someone please put this up on Youtube or host it for us to see...I really want to see it..well, THEM.....cause there were two being talked about....

The highlights of Ronald Steeles game winning shot have been all over ESPN. Even the people at ESPN said Steele walked before he made the game winning shot.

Guest Tigrinum Major

That single play did not cost Georgia the game. The massive lead they blew in the last three minutes was a bigger factor.

Was it a bad call? Yes. Was it at a critical time? Yes. Did it decide the game? No. There were at least three dozen other possessions that played a factor in the end of the game also.

Until you've worn the stripes, you'll never understand.

The highlights of Ronald Steeles game winning shot have been all over ESPN. Even the people at ESPN said Steele walked before he made the game winning shot.

I still think 3/4 of the time a player picks up his dribble to shoot there is a walk by the standards that were used when I was coming along. The game has changed.

I've got no dog or dawg in the hunt, but I did think it was funny watching the highlights here on the local Birmingham stations. For some strange reason, every image of Steele's game winning shot was from the waist up. Go figure...

Yes, holding true to Auburn excuses...Bama has never won a game in the history of their athletic programs...where they didnt cheat...or the refs didnt give it to them.

Oh well. Ill take the W.

You and the rest of Criminal Tide nation blamed the referees for Auburn beating Florida and LSU in football this year, but you defend the referees making a bad call that helped your team beat UGA in basketball. You are a perfect example of what a bunch of hypocrites Bammers are.

Oh well. Ill take the W.

Well, I choose to form my own opinion, not listen to some has been coach thats been fired from multple schools because of his ineptness to coach. Anybody on ESPN(take your pick) is not exactly someone I look to for rules interpretations. Didn't get a chance to turn on ESPN over the weekend, so I stil haven't seen it....

Dude, that's just the way basketball is.

Refs make bad calls....a lot! You either love it or hate it (depending on which team you pull for when the calls goes for or against you).

I'm not saying it's right, but that's just how it goes.

Auburn gets good and bad calls. I like to believe it averages out.

It was a horrible no-call. A travel violation in the NBA. That being said, that no call should have never mattered. Still, there was absolutely no mention of the possibility of a travel in the Huntsville Times. If you just read the column and didn't see the play, you'd think it was a totally, unquestionably legit play.

I am over it now.

I really dont care if youre over it or not. I dont need permission from a Mutt fan to make a post on an Auburn message board. It is my opinion that the referees had a lot to do with the Bammers winning that game. I hate the Mutts almost as much as I hate the Bammers , so you should not take my post as defending the Mutts. I would have made the same post about any game where I thought bad calls by the referees were the deciding factor in the outcome of a game.

HEY! I am not one of UGAs biggest fans either, but you need to lay off SouthLink!!!! Thems fightin words there!

That single play did not cost Georgia the game. The massive lead they blew in the last three minutes was a bigger factor.

Was it a bad call? Yes. Was it at a critical time? Yes. Did it decide the game? No. There were at least three dozen other possessions that played a factor in the end of the game also.

Until you've worn the stripes, you'll never understand.

I have worn the stripes before, but technically, a call can cost a game. What was the score and how much time was left prior to that shot being made? Say they call the walk? UGA wins it? Does Oklahoma think one bad call doesn't cost a game? Yes there are many other possessions that play a factor in the outcome, but the fact of the matter is, a bad call or no call can determine a winner or change teh momentum of a game. That is part of the game, human error, QBs, RBs, OLs all have the same culpability in a game. QB makes an error (wrong read) throws INT. It is part of the game. I am by no means saying th sole responsibility rests with the referees, b/c UGA from the way it sounds had the game put away and blew it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If he gets called for the walk, game is tied and probably goes into OT. Who knows what would have happened? No one.

Well how about the UGA player getting the rebound and putting it back in right before that play?

That is 2 points and another second off the clock.

Instead, the ref blows the call when he thinks the ball doesnt hit the rim (which it 100% did) and Bama gets the ball back. -2 points for UGA

Ugh

Or how about the Bama player 30 seconds before that went up on a fast break and got rejected without a single body contact yet got called for a foul? 2 points for Bama

4 right there....all in the last 2 minutes

Guest Tigrinum Major

There were about ten more points that Georgia was outscored in the last three minutes.

Don't want to get the short end of two calls late? Score more early.

UGA is not good enough where we can score extra points just "in case" we get screwed on some calls late in the game.

There were about ten more points that Georgia was outscored in the last three minutes.

"Hey Doc it hurts when I do this".

"Then don't do that."

UGA is not good enough where we can score extra points just "in case" we get screwed on some calls late in the game.

So the better team won?

"Hey Doc it hurts when I do this".

"Then don't do that."

So the better team won?

Oh my goodness, Alabama is absolutely a better team.

We just just played a better game, imo, and got screwed.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Georgia played a better 37 minutes.

Unfortunately, the game is 40 minutes long.

I agree that the no call was awful and unfortunate. I didn't see the shot clock violation. I'm sorry you lost, SouthLink.

But I gotta take up for my brothers in stripes.

Archived