Jared Cooper sticks with the Tigers

TitanTiger

S.O.P.

--They didn't want him.

--Got better ones coming.

--Saban just forced our hand to get us to waste a scholly on him.

--We cheated.

--Got 12?

S.O.P.

--They didn't want him.

--Got better ones coming.

--Saban just forced our hand to get us to waste a scholly on him.

--We cheated.

--Got 12?

:lol: You forgot one: --He shopped, we shopped.

As a Bama fan (Bammer if you like), I am gonna spin it this way. Saban didn't get Cooper to switch to Alabama, but he did cause Auburn to give away a full scholarshp they were going to probably use for someone else. Cooper originally committed to a grayshirt for Auburn.

Win/win really. Cooper comes to Alabama, it looks like a coup and the press says, "Hey, look. Saban already came in and turned an Auburn recruit." Auburn ups their scholarship to a full commit, and they give away one they could have used for a higher ranked player.

The real winner in this one is Cooper. Judging by his ACT and GPA, he is definitely going to be a qualifier. I wish him luck. I like to see smart student athletes make it.

Is it really a wasted scholarship if the guy comes in does his work and gets his degree? I really don't think so. The most important part in all of this is a guy getting a degree and becoming an asset to society.

This speaks volumes for the intelligence and sound judgement of Jared Cooper. He was a UAT fan most of his years, but finally realized that was not the best choice for him. He commits to take a grayshirt at AU. UAT offers immediate scholarship. He decides to go to Tuscaloosa and hear the great white wonder. Not impressed with the hot air and blow hard arrogrance he witnesses from Saban, Cooper exercises good judgement and renews his AU commitment.

Archived