How is Fulmer getting these guys?

AUHansel

With the past two seasons they've had, I don't understand how they have commits from some of the recruits that they do. Rivals has them with five 5 star players. Thats more than any other team. 4 outta the 5 are from other states including: Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, and California. I know the guy from georgia (berry) had family at UT or somthing like that, but still. Only a third of their commits are from TN. They are going all over the country and getting top recurits. They have top recruits from: Ohio, Michigan, California, Virginia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Maryland. Have they always been able to recruit like this? Maybe I just didn't expect much from the after last season and this season (they kinda stayed under the radar all season).

How is Fulmer getting these guys?

Fulmer has been a great recruiter since he has been at UT. During that time they have recruited some of the top talent all over the country and for the most part been successful in their efforts. Now they have Cutcliff back running the offense and I think you will see them being more successful on the field.

1) UT has a national reputation.

2) Huge stadium

3) Knoxville is not a bad place for college kids to live for 3 to 5 years.

4) UT has always recruited well in NC, SC, Virginia and Mississippi.

Fulmer and his staff has always had great classes including the #1 class 2-3 years ago.

With Cutcliffe back and the O not terrible anymore, it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are Top 5-6

With the past two seasons they've had, I don't understand how they have commits from some of the recruits that they do. Rivals has them with five 5 star players. Thats more than any other team. 4 outta the 5 are from other states including: Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, and California. I know the guy from georgia (berry) had family at UT or somthing like that, but still. Only a third of their commits are from TN. They are going all over the country and getting top recurits. They have top recruits from: Ohio, Michigan, California, Virginia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Maryland. Have they always been able to recruit like this? Maybe I just didn't expect much from the after last season and this season (they kinda stayed under the radar all season).

They ALWAYS seem to have him with GREAT recruiting classes. Bottom line...we've pounded them 3 in a row. :thumbsup:

:au::homer:

They ALWAYS seem to have him with GREAT recruiting classes. Bottom line...we've pounded them 3 in a row. :thumbsup:

And I was there for all 3, but UT is just a national program when it comes to recruiting.

And I was there for all 3, but UT is just a national program when it comes to recruiting.

I was only there for 2 of them...but I enjoyed all three immensely...does that count? B)

3) Knoxville is not a bad place for college kids to live for 3 to 5 years.

Fine place to live for any duration, air quality notwithstanding.

The Old Town area used to be fun, is it still the party area?

The Old Town area used to be fun, is it still the party area?

It's THE party area, depending on exactly where you are in it. I don't really keep up with the bar scene, but I've heard it's growing around the strip and further down into the Old City. And of course, as the students' surrounding vicinity, it'll continue to hold on to its party status.

Archived