New bama recruits

Proud Tiger

Wit their hot shot QB commit Robert Mavre wavering, bama has secured a commit from Nick Fanuzzi, QB from San Antonio, Texas. Fanuzzi was previously commited to Miami and now it appears Mavre will go to Miami. It is hilarious now hearing the bammers spin how great it is to lose a 4-star QB ranked in the Top 14 Qbs in the country and gain a 3-star QB ranked in the Top 40.. In any event the bammers have another Nick.

bama also got a commit out of the blue for unknown CB Marquis Maze currently at Fork Union Military Academy. Even the bammers are in a daze about Maze. :P

If you're gonna flame Bama, at least get your story right.

Yes, Fanuzzi did decommit from Miami and commit to Alabama today. You got that one right. While you may call it spin doctoring by some, I see all fans do it.

I can tell you this, they are very different types of QB's. Nix's arrival at Miami and Applewhite's arrival at Alabama may be part of the reason for the flip-flop. Fanuzzi is a bigger, stronger, faster, and a smarter QB who is considered a dual threat. Marve is considered to be an accurate pocket passer. Both are from big time HS ball, and both have a lot of potential. Fanuzzi's father was a QB for Kentucky and his older brother signed with Texas Tech. His sister is also a pretty hot soccer player at Texas.

Marquis Maze is NOT from Fork Union. He is a HS senior at Tarrant who WAS committed to Michigan. He visited Alabama this last weekend. He says he will announce on signing day.

The kid from Fork Union is Kareem Jackson. Originally from West Point, GA, he has been at Fork Union. He was a Vanderbilt commit, but Burns was also recruiting him for Clemson. He has played both sides of the ball, but became a standout at Fork Union as a corner, which is probably what he is being recruited for at Bama. Not only did he accept a scholarship today, but he has already moved into his dorm and starts classes tomorrow.

Also funny that Kareem had an OFFER from Auburn.

His coach said that every school that visited their combine offered Kareem. And that AU had been on the phone with him all day trying to get kareem to visit this weekend.

And if you watch Fanuzzi's video, you'll know hes good.

I can tell you this, they are very different types of QB's. Nix's arrival at Miami and Applewhite's arrival at Alabama may be part of the reason for the flip-flop. Fanuzzi is a bigger, stronger, faster, and a smarter QB who is considered a dual threat. Marve is considered to be an accurate pocket passer.

Are you saying that Applewhite was a dual threat QB and better coach for that? I know Nix was a pocket passer, but Applewhite was as well.

No, but that is the type of offense Applewhite had installed at Rice.

Applewhite was trained using the Rodriguez setup of the spread.

I think, notice I said think, that you will see Alabama slowly revert over to a more spreadlike offense. Applewhite was very balanced at Rice. I am not sure how much he is going to be involved in the offense, but I do know that the Fanuzzi kid was one he liked and he already had connections with him in Texas. He probably could not have gotten the kid to commit to Rice, but he appeared out of nowhere this weekend. He was recruited by Applewhite according to the story I read.

Also funny that Kareem had an OFFER from Auburn.

His coach said that every school that visited their combine offered Kareem. And that AU had been on the phone with him all day trying to get kareem to visit this weekend.

He's an unranked 2 star, which means nothing to me. He may be a great player. But you may have a scoop. According to Scout and Rivals, he got offers from Temple, Bowling Green and Connecticut, but the only SEC school listed other than Bama is Vandy.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=189&p=8&a...amp;nid=2797056

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=57781

BG,

Bryan and Jeffery at Auburn Rivals are calling BS on that BOL report regarding Kareem. They said that Auburn made one phone call to Kareem and were interested in him being a kick returner. They did not make him an offer.

Somebody's lyin.

BG,

Bryan and Jeffery at Auburn Rivals are calling BS on that BOL report regarding Kareem. They said that Auburn made one phone call to Kareem and were interested in him being a kick returner. They did not make him an offer.

Somebody's lyin.

Surely Nick wouldn't be telling a tall one! :rolleyes:

BG,

Somebody's lyin.

Bryan Matthews the king of spin? That guy is about as reliable as my tmobile service on the lake.

Im not kidding. He's been reprimanded more than once for his putting words in recruits' mouths or spinning things so hard.

The report I read was straight from the guys coach.

BG,

Somebody's lyin.

Bryan Matthews the king of spin? That guy is about as reliable as my tmobile service on the lake.

Im not kidding. He's been reprimanded more than once for his putting words in recruits' mouths or spinning things so hard.

Apparently, not many SEC schools visited their combine.

BG,

Somebody's lyin.

Actually, it was Jeffery that reported it. Bryan just amened.

And the guys at BOL aren't exactly "We Report, You Decide."

BG,

Somebody's lyin.

Here is his list from Bama online

Kareem Jackson

COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST OFFER VISIT RECRUITED BY

Alabama (solid verbal) COMMITTED

(1/22/2007) 1/19/2007 Burton Burns

Connecticut

Vanderbilt

Akron

Bowling Green

Ohio

BG,

Somebody's lyin.

Here is his list from Bama online

Kareem Jackson

COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST OFFER VISIT RECRUITED BY

Alabama (solid verbal) COMMITTED

(1/22/2007) 1/19/2007 Burton Burns

Connecticut

Vanderbilt

Akron

Bowling Green

Ohio

Those were the powerhouses that visited their combine.

Unless his coach is a liar, he had 20 offers including Auburn, Clemson, and obviously Alabama.

We can always discuss Saban's ability to evaluate talent. He did ok with it at LSU.

Auburn did inquire about Kareem Jackson (new Bama commit), interest being as a returner, but never saw him in person nor did they offer. One phone call to the kid and that was about it."--Jeffrey Lee

Somebody posted that information on the free board of Auburn Sports.com. According to Jeffrey Lee, Auburn did not make an offer to Kareem Jackson. I will take Jeffrey Lee's word over the word of $PUAT Grad 03.

And PT, for all your Bama recruiting belittling lately...i thought youd like to know...Noel Devine is visiting this weekend.

Is that the same Noel Devine who stole Deion Sanders car a couple of years ago and already has about three or four kids? He would fit in perfectly at that cesspool in Tuscaloser.

Unless his coach is a liar, he had 20 offers including Auburn, Clemson, and obviously Alabama.

We can always discuss Saban's ability to evaluate talent. He did ok with it at LSU.

Your previous posts states two different things: A- he had an OFFER from :au: ; B- :au: was offering him a last second VISIT. Everyone who visits, isn't offered. Toward the end, schools may offer visits to decent prospects that they MAY offer, if others fall through. Again, he may end up being a solid contributor, but there's no need to spin how much demand this guy is. He's not a hot recruit. But, he may be a better player than many who are.

Yeah, he did a GREAT job of evaluation at Miami, didn't he? :rolleyes:

A highschool coach inflating one of his kid's "hype" or standing by claiming that he has offers which in reality he doesn't? Yeah, never happens in Highschool Football...especially not with 2-star prospects who have about a 1 in 100 chance of getting a scholarship at a major school. This kid may be a good player, but we didn't offer, why? Because if we'd offer any small-name last second DB it would be Jerrel Jernigan (who still might get an offer), a kid that we liked at our camp this summer, not some random kid no one has heard about.

When he was at LSWHO, all he had to do was keep the recruits in-state to have a great class.. He had NO COMPETITION except for a few who wanted to go outside. Check the rosters when he was coach there and see what percentage of his players were from Louisiana! Louisiana is a rather strange state in that their loyalty to their LSU tigers is fierce and any player who chooses to go "outside" is chastised severely. At Bammer, he's going to find recruiting much, much tougher! He'll be competing against Tuberville, Spurrier, Myer, Fulmer, Nutt, Richt, Orgeron, and even Croom. Life "ain't gonna be so easy" for the Satan, eh....... :poke: savior anymore!

Your previous posts states two different things: A- he had an OFFER from :au: ; B- :au: was offering him a last second VISIT. Everyone who visits, isn't offered. Toward the end, schools may offer visits to decent prospects that they MAY offer, if others fall through. Again, he may end up being a solid contributor, but there's no need to spin how much demand this guy is. He's not a hot recruit. But, he may be a better player than many who are.

And a kid can have an offer without visiting.

And a kid can have an offer without visiting.

And there is usually more evidence for said offer than what is available for this young man. :thumbsup:

Nick is on the verge of getting commitments form every senior in the state of Al,Ms,Tn,Ga,Fl..................hell

"The USA"......bammer will move to the NFL in 2 or 3 years to

find competition.I just hope they don't kill us before they move on.

Archived