Why CTT goes after

AUman43

type of player.

There is an excellent article in today's (Tuesday) Birmingham News on this issue.

The article speaks of how parents, coaches and others are corrupting these 17 and 18 year old kids into believing they are soooooooooooooooooooo special and the extremes they go to in order to get them rated so many stars by Rivals, Scout, and others.

In another post, sogaaufan mentions that CTT seems to go after a "different" type of player and that's true.

This article perhaps gives the reason why and why it's worked out so well for him so far.

" The elite athletic prospect has become completely commoditized, and in the process the very top recruits have become "hedonistic, materialistic, and individualistic. Because of their inner-city backgrounds, some of these recruits are also gun-toting gang members. It is only a matter of time before one of these spoiled recruits "goes off" in the athletic department because he is not treated the same after joining the team."

THis is the very reason I feel like CTT has such high standards of character in those he recruits. He knows that too many recruits today have few or no role models and come from one parent households where discipline is questionable and life is a daily gamble. He tries to be a father and role model for these kids and teach them values and morals. He also stresses their getting a degree which they will need later if no pro career comes calling .We are lucky to have him......and so are the kids....

He does give kids a chance though. Look at Robert Dunn. He had some problems in High school. Hence the reason he was not recruited highly. I'm glad we do have CTT. I wish there were more coaches out there that would be like him. He is not only winning. But giving these young men a chance later on in the future.

p.s. I know CTT is not the only one doing that. But there are many that do not.

Like when he went after willie williams?

He never offered williams. :poke:

Willie Williams talks to The Insiders.com recruting expert Jamie Newberg about his official visit to Auburn

Willie Williams is quite a character. He certainly has the personality of a big-time linebacker recruit and after his football days are over, he may have a career in television. Williams was very boastful about his visit to the Plains and he had nothing but great things to say about his trip toAuburn.

"Last week it was lobster tails and steak at Florida State and this week it was ribs and shrimp at Auburn," Williams said with a giggle. "I had a great trip. Auburn was awesome. I love the team unity. I mean those guys do everything together. Everything. Junior (Rosegreen) was my host and he showed me a real good time. They are losing their top two linebackers and I know I can go in there and make a move next season. I also love the coaches, especially Eddie Gran. He is great and so is coach Tuberville. I feel like my pipe is about to burst."

Williams, the top rated linebacker prospect in the country, is from Miami (Fla.) Carol City. Last week he said that Miami and Florida State were his two front runners. Now you can add a third team to the mix.

"Everything is just so overwhelming right now. I think it's safe to say that Auburn is right there with Miami and Florida State. All three lead. This is getting hard."

Williams is scheduled to visit Miami this weekend and Florida on the 30th.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/225492.html

Click on his profile and it does indeed say he got an offer

Let me say before someone gets aggravated at what i posted that UGA has TONS of thugs...ala Odell Thurman's on our team. I have no problem admitting it.

There is this huge section of UGA fans that still believe Richt recruits that "special player" character wise....and I just laugh....

Listen, does he recruit people that have murdered and killed? No....but not all of our recruits are saints and angels....I dont think anyones class is stock-full of those....except maybe Harvard and Yale

i believe he was bammerspinning it, we all remember the willie williams incident and after his character was revealed we pulled our offer and stopped recruiting the thug

THis is the very reason I feel like CTT has such high standards of character in those he recruits. He knows that too many recruits today have few or no role models and come from one parent households where discipline is questionable and life is a daily gamble. He tries to be a father and role model for these kids and teach them values and morals. He also stresses their getting a degree which they will need later if no pro career comes calling .We are lucky to have him......and so are the kids....

43, you are right on target. CTT directs recruiting efforts to those young men who are a cut above when it comes to quality of character.

43, you are right on target. CTT directs recruiting efforts to those young men who are a cut above when it comes to quality of character.

Ill keep that in mind next time i think of LeMarcus Rowell.

Also keep in mind how CTT dealt with the LeMarcus Rowell situation. Had he been at Bama, he would have missed one game, tops.

We will all keep Marajuana Simpson in mind as well toolbox. Yes all teams get good and bad players. I will side with Slink on this though. I just kinda laugh when this is stated but there are some really great kids on every team so I cant say that we only recruit the "cut above". I remember Willie and thought to myself boy I hope we get him because he was a stud. But once I read this little ditty about lobster tails and steaks i had to shake my head in disgust with how HIGH SCHOOL athletes are treated. POint is we have a very strict leader that is the real diff. The kids coming in see this and want to be a part of an accountable system. Not one that hands out ice cream and pats on the back for troubled kids. To say that we have better kids is not true we have a better COACH that is the difference. I dont know about CMR or CNS but I will say that they are all pretty much the same Used car salesmen that tell the public what we want to hear. I remember the "pine box" thing and I do think that it is still in Miss!! So to end my point CTT is just a better coach when it comes to discipline than alot of others and I LOVE IT. I do hope that TB gets it now and rights his ship becasue that is a Willie or Lemarcus all over again!

Regards

PLAYOFF

i believe he was bammerspinning it, we all remember the willie williams incident and after his character was revealed we pulled our offer and stopped recruiting the thug

You are correct sir, these damn emoticons don't work for me...

We will all keep Marajuana Simpson in mind as well toolbox. Yes all teams get good and bad players. I will side with Slink on this though. I just kinda laugh when this is stated but there are some really great kids on every team so I cant say that we only recruit the "cut above". I remember Willie and thought to myself boy I hope we get him because he was a stud. But once I read this little ditty about lobster tails and steaks i had to shake my head in disgust with how HIGH SCHOOL athletes are treated. POint is we have a very strict leader that is the real diff. The kids coming in see this and want to be a part of an accountable system. Not one that hands out ice cream and pats on the back for troubled kids. To say that we have better kids is not true we have a better COACH that is the difference. I dont know about CMR or CNS but I will say that they are all pretty much the same Used car salesmen that tell the public what we want to hear. I remember the "pine box" thing and I do think that it is still in Miss!! So to end my point CTT is just a better coach when it comes to discipline than alot of others and I LOVE IT. I do hope that TB gets it now and rights his ship becasue that is a Willie or Lemarcus all over again!

It has become clear to me that you lack the mental acuity required to respond to any post without name calling or being divisive.

yeah. As big a you know what as bg can be, don't let his bammerness make you angry.

Even if in a fit of his usual pot stirring he feels the need to come and poop on a thread about the integrity CTT has brought to our program, don't let his petty little bammer games get to you.

He knows we have thoroughly beaten that ass 5 times in a row thanks to the type of quality program CTT has built and the type of quality recruits he brings in. That is what is killing him on this thread. He knows how true it is. So what does he do? Tries to start some stuff to throw the thread off course and get his pathetic little jollies.

The turd nation has apparently found a new set of testacles since hiring slick nick. All I can say is just sit back and wait patiently for the trainwreck in progress that is the marriage of the megolomaniac saban and the turd nation.

So the fact that Slink agrees with me means nothing right? Its just ME being an ass?

Whatever. You guys are under this delusion that you run this sainthood of a program...and CTT only recruits guys with 175 IQ that go to church 7 days a week.

And I'm telling you thats not the case. But if that makes me an ass...so be it.

When the smoke hAS CLEARED, tubs will walk away with another top 10m recruiting class1

Also keep in mind how CTT dealt with the LeMarcus Rowell situation. Had he been at Bama, he would have missed one game, tops.

BINGO! The man wins a prize.

I don't want to say that all Auburn players are saints. Although they strive to be thanks to Rev. Chett ;-) But our hard fighting soldiers (bringing soul's to Jesus for the service that they yield,) are, in recent memory, fairly well behaved. Two incidences, one involving blackmon/sears and the other blackmon/sears/lester have somewhat tarnished that reputation, but you also have to admit that they are still college students. And I charge you to find any large number of college students who do not drink underage or smoke weed or drink and drive (God forbid). It's out there, it happens, they're offered drinks wherever they go and many of us would do the same thing in their situation. The point is, after being caught doing what college students do, they received large suspensions including the bowl game suspension and there were no questions asked nor arguments raised. This is how a clean program is run. When a kid screws up, which he inevitably will do, you punish him to a point that will say "You will not do this again or next time, it will be worse." You do not hand him the ice cream and say "well I'm only punishing you because I have to and the team needs you anyway, so lets get this over with and next time, don't get caught."

But you're right, I'm sure alabama is a shining example of good conduct and fair punishment when it comes to all that. maybe saint nick will send a good example to the players. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

So the fact that Slink agrees with me means nothing right? Its just ME being an ass?

Whatever. You guys are under this delusion that you run this sainthood of a program...and CTT only recruits guys with 175 IQ that go to church 7 days a week.

And I'm telling you thats not the case. But if that makes me an ass...so be it.

This is you at your best. Pulling stuff out of your butt like someone actually said it when no one did. Some call it gross exaggeration to make a point that doesn't exist. Some call it lieing.

Like I said, tubs has brought a welcome level of integrity to our program that was sorely missed after the tot era. He does this by going after the kids he wants and not necessarily the kids "everyone" else wants. It has brought us nearly if not unprecedented success. Do some of our kids falter? Yes.

It is killing you especially since we have beat your butts 5 in a row now and your program is still in the toilet. You are exhibiting classic syptoms of childhood pettiness that go well with your "gross exagerations". You argue like a child who wants to believe something some bad he convinces himself it is true. Or like bill clinton among others.

As far as you being an ass, I never said that, although it is easy to see how you could infer that from what I said since you come here to intentionally stir up crap and be one even in your own eyes.

There's enough wasted breath to last a year.

As far as you being an ass, I never said that, although it is easy to see how you could infer that from what I said since you come here to intentionally stir up crap and be one even in your own eyes.

You say I "stir crap up"...but all it is...as it always has been...is that you get mad because I don't come over here and kiss AU's ass.

That is all. I don't call people names. I don't start flame wars. I don't trash your program or school. I argue my point with factual backing. And I don't get all emotional about it. That's not stirring the pot. That is just me not going along with everything in the AU gospel. I don't see anything wrong with that.

You say I "stir crap up"...but all it is...as it always has been...is that you get mad because I don't come over here and kiss AU's ass.

That is all. I don't call people names. I don't start flame wars. I don't trash your program or school. I argue my point with factual backing. And I don't get all emotional about it. That's not stirring the pot. That is just me not going along with everything in the AU gospel. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Blah blah blah blah blah. Same old spinmaster bg. Pardon me if I ignore you for awhile w/o the use of the wussy ignore button.

You have to admit.....Tommy Tubberville makes it clear on the Plains that you better walk the line....or get in the line down at the job service!

Archived