Game Thread UAT

TitanTiger

Jump ball my ass. Davidson blocked it but no way did he have contact on that ball long enough to call a jump. Frickin ridiculous. Between that and the utter refusal to call traveling, I've already had it with these idiot officials.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he blocks it and the offensive player hangs on and comes down with it, it's a jump ball. I couldn't see Dollard's feet to see if he dribbled before he hit the floor.

Not a bad first half for AU but we HAVE to block Davidson out. He's the reason uat is in it right now.

That call wasn't as bad as the inbound pass that uat caught and took 3 steps before stopping RIGHT IN FRONT OF AN OFFICIAL. Regardless, we don't stop Davidson, we lose.

I hope ESPN shows some of the ODK-Foy trophy presentation during halftime.

Jump ball my ass. Davidson blocked it but no way did he have contact on that ball long enough to call a jump. Frickin ridiculous. Between that and the utter refusal to call traveling, I've already had it with these idiot officials.

As much as I hate to say it, it was the right call. By rule, A block that prevents the release of the ball is a held ball. He returned to the floor with possession and never released the ball.

I have noticed SEVERAL times uats post players travel most everytime when they get the ball down low...

That wasn't the only call... what about the walk when uat inbounded behind the center line.

Whatever... impressive 15 pt. run by the Tigers. We are being KILLED by J. Davidson... with a low post man, we'd be really hard to beat. AU's athleticism is serious... wish I could be there. WDE

My bad. I didn't realize that. Usually when that's called the blocker sort of follows the ball down to the floor with his hand on it so I thought it had something to do with that.

The completely blind ref not calling traveling is another thing though. Must have called the UAT-UGA game this weekend. ;)

I'd love to win this game, but to be honest we don't have near the talent uat does. (Which speaks to the lack of use of that talent by Gotfired.) I like what I am seeing in the team. They are athletic, they are aggressive, but they lack basketball smarts. Forcing stuff that isn't there and taking quick shots they shouldn't be taking. I hope Lebo can harness the raw talent by teaching them to make better decisions.

We're playing well...If we had a big man we'd be tough to deal with.

We're getting good penetration down low but have not finished a couple of those.....however we do have 12 fast break points last I saw...

Looking at uat, steele is about all they have. Take him out of their lineup and they are mediocre at best... This uat team to be ranked in the top 15 doesn't appear to have much more talent than we do...IMO.

We still are throwing up some pretty dumb shots. I mean some really, really dumbs shots. Coming down the floor with plenty of time on the shot clock and throwing up NBA range three pointers almost as soon as we get over the half-court line is total bs. I have seen that every game and even the commentators are talking about it. Hopefully Lebo can stop that crap, but if he has been trying, it does not seem to be sinking in.

Did our guys get a run or what?!!!

It scares me to have a lead this big with so much time left.

yes we got a run....great blocked shot on a fast break by uat.....turned it the other way.... hit a three or two as well....

Heard the score at half coming from work. I just got in and have seen the score. What the heck did I miss!

It's also great seeing the support at the arena and hear and see it on this board. WDE!!

That awful three point attempt is what I was talking about and Lebo sure did not look happy about it.

I loved it when they came back from commercial and you had the UAT chick and her AU boyfriend/husband holding up 5 fingers and she was holding up one, as in UAT was going to win "one in a row". :roflol:

Archived