No AU fan should EVER complain about refs again

BamaGrad03

the refs are trying to get Bama back in the game. Gottfried SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If lebo coached Bama, they would be a Top 5 team. What a sh** call on Tolbert

What a bunch of bull****...................Lebo.....are you serious?............Mr. hasnt beat bama in something like 7 or 8 games until tonight......give me a break...........we will crush you in ttown.

:( ............... :roflol::roflol::roflol: Roll :om:

Wow, that makes a complete argument. I should have known we (bama) are equal to Ole Miss. :thumbsdown:

Ah, but please remember, and don't ever forget, that Mississippi State > Alabama.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BS isn't blaming the refs...

And for all the people who are saying that Im blaming the refs for the loss..please go back and read the 18 posts where i said "the refs arent the reason we lost". That is all.

and he isn't giving Auburn any credit either

We lost because our defense and overall energy were pi$$ poor.

i think what he must be saying is that IF the refs had been more favorable to UAT and UAT had played more defense and with more energy, then they would have only lost by 7-10 instead of 24.

chin up, bama fans... at least the football games are more competitive.

It might cool your hemorroids to know that we run that "moving screen" offense every game. We've done it since Lebo's been there. There's no frickin' way its illegal if it hasn't been called in 80+ games Lebo has coached. No way.

If anything, that game was CLEARLY tilted towards Bama. The refs blew about a dozen calls that kept Bama in the game. They let both teams play, and called players who were thrown to the ground for fouls when it happened to Bama.

They let both teams play, and called players who were thrown to the ground for fouls when it happened to Bama.

I wondered if anything was said on TV when this happened? We were on the opposirte end of the court an couldn't believe after the mugging we took that we also were charged for the foul!

They let both teams play, and called players who were thrown to the ground for fouls when it happened to Bama.

I wondered if anything was said on TV when this happened? We were on the opposirte end of the court an couldn't believe after the mugging we took that we also were charged for the foul!

I was sitting on the same end, and was appalled they called it on Tolbert!!! I didn't see that he was holding onto Steele or #1?? but the reason he was was b/c he was trying not to fall back b/c he was getting bull rushed backwards by said guard who was trying to set a pick for Davidson I think. Unbelievable!!

Just to put this to rest and plug the whining. Let's all look at the Box Score

Alabama Crimson Tide

STARTERS MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS

A. Gee, F 38 5 -11 1-2 2 6 1 4 11

R. Hendrix, F 19 2-4 0-0 3 7 0 4 4

J. Davidson, F 39 7-16 4-4 3 11 1 2 18

M Riley 33 2-10 0-1 2 2 1 2 4

R. Steele, G 39 7-14 0-0 0 1 2 0 19

BENCH MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS

M Torrance 2 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

J Tubbs 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

B. Hollinger, G 26 0-4 1-2 0 1 1 1 1

D Jemison 2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Y. Coleman, C 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

TOTALS FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS

23-60 6-9 10 28 6 13 57

38.3% 66.7%

Auburn Tigers

J. Dollard, F 27 7-13 2-2 0 6 1 3 16

Q. Prowell, F 35 6-14 0-1 2 10 4 4 14

K. Barber, F 27 8-11 2-5 2 6 0 2 18

R. Barrett, G 32 4-9 0-0 1 3 2 0 9

Q. Robertson, G 35 3-3 1-2 0 3 10 1 7

F. Tolbert, G 23 6-8 2-2 1 2 1 3 17

A Miaway 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

L Hargrove 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

D Reed 15 0-1 0-0 0 0 4 0 0

M Heramb 1 0-0 0-0 0 2 0 0 0

D Smith 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

A Luquire 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

R Brooks 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

34-59 7-12 6 32 22 13 81

57.6% 58.3%

Now, how do you want to spin that????? Both teams with 13 total Personal Fouls. Bama lost b/c AU shot the ball better, out rebounded bama, add more team assists, and turned the ball over less.

I was sitting on the same end, and was appalled they called it on Tolbert!!! I didn't see that he was holding onto Steele or #1?? but the reason he was was b/c he was trying not to fall back b/c he was getting bull rushed backwards by said guard who was trying to set a pick for Davidson I think. Unbelievable!!

The foul on Tolbert after getting literally tackled into the other bammer was the worst call of the night, imo.

There was a skit on Saturday Night Live a long time ago when John Belushi et al were on the show. The skit was called "Throw Like a Girl". The guy would throw the ball badly, then whine and complain about everything imaginable. Perhaps SNL should do a redux called "Whine Like a Bammer".

Also, I figured out the picture that goes along with your signature. This is an Alabama alumni function in Birmingham, the people pictured are all facing north, and they're leaning because bammer [inhales], right?

:thumbsup:

:poke:

Alabama Crimson Tide

23-60 6-9 10 28 6 13 57

38.3% 66.7%

Auburn Tigers

34-59 7-12 6 32 22 13 81

57.6% 58.3%

Now, how do you want to spin that????? Both teams with 13 total Personal Fouls. Bama lost b/c AU shot the ball better, out rebounded bama, add more team assists, and turned the ball over less.

If you watch a lot of basketball games you will notice that there are game changing calls and not very important calls. The officials always even out the calls by the end of the game. It never fails. The block on Gee was blatant. He was fouled by two guys. No whistle. That was a game changing call. Later on, we were down by 15, then they call a foul on AU. Not important. However it does even up the fouls so people can say, "The fouls were even." That being said, you did spank us last night. Congratulations.

:poke:

Alabama Crimson Tide

23-60 6-9 10 28 6 13 57

38.3% 66.7%

Auburn Tigers

34-59 7-12 6 32 22 13 81

57.6% 58.3%

If you watch a lot of basketball games you will notice that there are game changing calls and not very important calls. The officials always even out the calls by the end of the game. It never fails. The block on Gee was blatant. He was fouled by two guys. No whistle. That was a game changing call. Later on, we were down by 15, then they call a foul on AU. Not important. However it does even up the fouls so people can say, "The fouls were even." That being said, you did spank us last night. Congratulations.

I'm no math major, BUT...

Bama had 13 fouls, Auburn had 13 fouls.

Bama had 10 of those fouls in the second half.

Auburn had 6 of their fouls in the second half. That means at half-time....hmmm.....

OH YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, the fouls were slanted towards BAMA. Bama 3, Auburn 7. If you wanna argue timing of fouls dictating the ball game, how can you ignore the fact that the first half had a pro-Bama swing, yet Bama was a turnover, breakaway dunk away from heading to the locker room down 1.

You're team is the #12 team in the country!!! You can't take a commanding lead in the first half EVEN THOUGH you had the foul advantage? Weak.

No team loses by 24 and blames the refs.

actually BG, that was a good no call. He ran the baseline, took the shot, airballed the shot, and caught it on the other side of the rim...This is NOTHING.... WHY?? (you should know this BG, if you know the game like you say you do)....Because once the ball is shot, there is no team or player control, therefore he can catch that ball without being guilty of anything..He just rebounded a missed shot is all he did...LEGAL PLAY

Actually, I think this was a bad no call. The ball must hit the rim, backboard, or another player before you can touch it again after shooting. Otherwise, you could pick up your dribble, throw the ball in the air, and control it again in a new position. This is most definitely a travel.

Guest Tigrinum Major

actually BG, that was a good no call. He ran the baseline, took the shot, airballed the shot, and caught it on the other side of the rim...This is NOTHING.... WHY?? (you should know this BG, if you know the game like you say you do)....Because once the ball is shot, there is no team or player control, therefore he can catch that ball without being guilty of anything..He just rebounded a missed shot is all he did...LEGAL PLAY

Actually, I think this was a bad no call. The ball must hit the rim, backboard, or another player before you can touch it again after shooting. Otherwise, you could pick up your dribble, throw the ball in the air, and control it again in a new position. This is most definitely a travel.

Incorrect. Incorrect. Incorrect.

This is akin to fans hollering "three seconds" while the ball is being rebounded, shot and rebounded again. Three seconds is suspended during a try for goal.

If the shot is a legitimate try for goal, the player who shot it can run and catch the ball before it hits the rim, backboard, any other player, or the floor. He can then dribble, pass, or try again.

You and BamaGrad are incorrect.

Do not anger with me.

So now refs even fouls out at the end of the game?! Can't you Bama fans just take a loss and shut up and be done with it? The whole idea that the refs will call a foul just so it's all "even" out at the end is ridiculous.

A new low for you guys, really.

Lebo outcoached Mark tonight ECE, even you could see that. He was throwing out several different looks on defense and Mark either couldn't call the rigth counter move or the guys were just too lazy to do it.

Last night yes, he out coached CMG. But the last 3 or 4 years or so, no. The is no argument here.

Lebo outcoached Mark tonight ECE, even you could see that. He was throwing out several different looks on defense and Mark either couldn't call the rigth counter move or the guys were just too lazy to do it.

Last night yes, he out coached CMG. But the last 3 or 4 years or so, no. The is no argument here.

Not a fair assessment. Last night, Lebo did more with far less talent. As he gets more recruits in and more experience/leadership on the team I think he will outshine CMG. IMHO

First, your entire motion offense is predicated on moving screens.

Second, Richard Hendrix cant sneeze without a foul being called on him...but on the other end its hand check city.

I think its quite telling...you guys only had your 2nd foul of the HALF called on you...with 8 mins left in the game.

and the first half your guys didn't knock down our player, travel so obviously or push Tolbert deliberately for a no call. Stop whinning, your making Hendrix sound like Shaquille O'Neal. All his dad did when he was at LSU was whine about him getting fouled ant the people were picking on him. You guys got your #$$ handed to you for your 3rd road game and can't accept that. We are young and good and will only get better the next 2 years! Be ready for us again. We played clean, that is why we only had a few fouls the second half. Were you at the game?

that's the difference right there, you THINK it was a bad no call. I KNOW it was the perfect NO CALL. What you are describing is totally different. By throwing the ball up in the air (like you described), you still have control(team control) therefore, when you catch it, you are stuck...Pass shoot, cause you already gave up your dribble... What happened tuesday night, was perfectly legal...

• 4 weeks later...

What a bunch of bull****...................Lebo.....are you serious?............Mr. hasnt beat bama in something like 7 or 8 games until tonight......give me a break...........we will crush you in ttown.

There's always women's gymnastics.

Crow...It's what's for dinner.

There's always women's gymnastics.

oh well, i was wrong.........

Archived