Tailgate Saturday?

autkidd

So to all the students in here. It would be :au: some to have some people out tailgating for the game saturday. Just getting pumped up and having a good time. Anyone in?

Also I was thinking of getting together an organization to advertise basketball games around campus. Something like being on the concourse and just telling students coming and going about the game that night? I know many have complained about not knowing when the games are and so on. I figured this would be a good way to market the games for students... Anyone have any input or would be interested in joining?

I'd be down except that I no longer go to Auburn, what time would the tailgate start on saturday? I've got work until 4.

well the basketball people or ADept have some people that do that stuff- put up some signs on campus, where shirts saying "game tonight" Not sure if they still do that but you could get with them to get some more people involved so there could be some active advertising on campus at Haley or somewhere like you said.

As far as tailgate that would be pretty cool if you could get it together

I was thinking the same thing! If we could get a group of people to go on campus, put up flyers EVERYWHERE and spread the word, that would be awesome. The biggest problem for saturday games is that so many people leave town and go home or somewhere. I hate that people don't stay as much in the spring. But I'm all for getting more student support for our team.

and as far as the tailgating goes...where, when and would the university or police care if we drank on campus? I doubt they would look the other way like football season.

I don't know, I bet if it was an obvious tailgate and we kept drinks in solo cups they would give us some leeway.

Not sure where to tailgate. Maybe the grassy area in front of BEMC. Let me email some people and see...

The time... I'm thinking around 10 or so just to make it an all day thing.

I get so freakin' bored on sat. in the spring this would be great to get together.

If we can make it happen, then I am in! I like tailgating for baseball, and it would be great to start a new tradition for the basketball games on Saturdays.

email me guys at freemms@auburn.edu

I probably won't be able to make it for the tailgate. If I got off work at 4, I wouldn't be able to drive into auburn until 3:30ish auburn time and i believe the game is at 4. Perhaps for another game, and definitely some baseball games!

Not sure where to tailgate. Maybe the grassy area in front of BEMC. Let me email some people and see...

The time... I'm thinking around 10 or so just to make it an all day thing.

I get so freakin' bored on sat. in the spring this would be great to get together.

I don't know if that would be the best spot. I was thinking maybe behind the baseball field. Its still close and I don't think anyone would bug you there. I'm trying to get a bunch of people together to go grill and drink, probably starting around 11 or 12. But I think thats where we're gonna go.

Yeah behind the baseball field sounds good. There are already tables and such out there. Just say we are having a picnic.

I'll be out there. Try and invite as many people as you all can.

Just got an email. TAILGATING IS PERMITTED before the basketball games. Just as long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

can you copy and paste that e-mail? Who was it from?

I did facebook invite to a bunch of people. Trying to spread the word. We're gonna try to get there around 11 or 11:30 and be there for a couple of hours. We're gonna be behind the baseball field (between sewell hall). Hope we can get a lot of people out there.

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your comments.

We do have a group called the Dunkin Darlings who often will be out on the concourse on or before gamedays to promote basketball. Also, the Lunatics and Auburn Ignited members receive weekly emails regarding events, including basketball.

As long as fans act responsibly, tailgating is permitted prior to the Basketball games at BEMC.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

Best,

Emily

Emily Thornton

Marketing Assistant

Auburn University Athletics

651 Roosevelt Drive (36849)

P.O. Box 351

Auburn, AL 36831-0351

Office: (334) 844.9564

Emily is a good girl!

I will make plans on being out there behind Plainsmen Park around 11:00. I will bring my AU Tent and a few things ;) .

See you then. I may be the oldest out there, but I am also a member of the faculty/staff. And I do some things for the athletic department, in case we need a favor.

I was reading on AuburnTigers.com that there is going to be a Legends game before the game and also a bunch of autographed memorabilia like some Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley stuff is going to be auctioned off on the concourse for Coaches for Cancer.

Man I hate work. I have to work that morning till 11. Crap. Oh well. I'll try and show up over there for a min. Then I need to run and get into line to get front row.

Glad it sounds like a decent group is gonna be out there. Hopefully we can get this started as a typical thing and maybe it will catch on.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

I know a couple of my friends are tailgating before the game. I hope eventually tailgating can become a year round event at Auburn if Lebo gets this machine rolling even further!

I know a couple of my friends are tailgating before the game. I hope eventually tailgating can become a year round event at Auburn if Lebo gets this machine rolling even further!

If we support the team...they will win games. Its hard to get pumped emotionally when an arena is only 1/4 full. If people would just start going and tailgating before every game, we could get more people interested. Auburn fans love tailgating, all you have to do is say the word and they come running.

I might stop by. Any #'s y'all could be reached at? Incase there is some type of perverted serial killer out there, feel free to p.m. the digits. It'd be nice to go to the game with some guys on here.

I might stop by. Any #'s y'all could be reached at? Incase there is some type of perverted serial killer out there, feel free to p.m. the digits. It'd be nice to go to the game with some guys on here.

740-1267

Come on over. I'm trying to rally the troops myself!

hey.....do we want to do the grill deal, or just bring some stuff????

I know we will have plenty of the good stuff, but what about food?

Like I said. I will be setting up the tent near one of the tables out there aroung 11:30-12:00.

Let's get this tailgating really going! I can't make it this weekend but, maybe for the next two Saturdays when we play Ole' Miss and Miss St. And if Auburn loses, don't stop doing it. Support the team!

War Damn Eagle!

Ryan

Archived