Cheerleaders talking "trash" to bammar players????

eagle76

Did anyone else catch the comments by the announcers about how "sweet" our cheerleaders looked but you could bet that they were trash talking to the bammar players. I was in another room at the time and didn't catch the entire relative before/after happenings so I was wondering what brought these comments on.

Yeah.. Typical ESPN garbage trying to stir something up... One of the commentators said some cheerleaders at another school would talk trash when they were laying a beatdown on someone. They didn't say anything about our cheerleaders actually doing that... I know the lady over the cheerleaders and she wouldn't have that at all... It was just them talking on the commentary

Hell, when I was in pep band, we used to look up information on the players coming to town so we could more effectively talk trash to them. Any weak stats would be immediately taken advantage of and God forbid you shoot an air ball on a free throw. Some poor guy did that a couple years ago, he got hell for it the rest of the game which somewhat overshadowed the 20+ points he scored the rest of the game.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like Emily Ann Quattlebaum to run up to Jamareo Davidson or Ronald Steele and wave a finger in their face, ala' Mutumbo after they get their shot blocked by Frank Tolbert.

Or see Haley Clark get in Alonzo Gee's face after he's called for a foul and his butt is sliding along the sideline, kind of like Coach Shibest of Arkansas did to that LSU receiver a few years back.

Before those panties twist any tighter...

The announcers were making a generalization based on Bilas' past experience that in big rivalry games, even the cheerleaders were spotted talking trash to the opposing players. They then panned to the Auburn cheerleaders and asked the rhetorical question..."think these sweet girls would be talking trash to Alabama?" or something along those lines.

Archived