Congrats on the win.

Legionfield

Congratulation to Auburn on the victory last night. It was not really a surprise, seeing as we always have trouble on the road, but you outplayed and outhustled us all night long. SEC Western division teams are now 0-15 in SEC road games. What gives?? I have a theory. I think it is because the SEC wants to sell tickets. The referees allow the crowd to dictate how the game is called. And yes, I know that is why we are undefeated at home. Take last night for example. Alonzo Gee was fouled by two people on that block, but since the crowd went crazy, no whistle. Hollinger was completely run over in the lane in the first half, no whistle. That is fine. In the second half, Jamereo backed one of the Auburn players down, he flopped, whistle blown. At the other end, Jamereo flops, no whistle blown. I just do not understand why they can't call it both ways. I think the SEC is trying to pack these arenas for home games, figuring that the best teams will find a way to win a couple on the road. Remember, the bottom line is always money. It looks like sour grapes because we just played AU. However, Arkansas and Vandy thumped us also on the road. Thoughts??

Congratulation to Auburn on the victory last night. It was not really a surprise, seeing as we always have trouble on the road, but you outplayed and outhustled us all night long. SEC Western division teams are now 0-15 in SEC road games. What gives?? I have a theory. I think it is because the SEC wants to sell tickets. The referees allow the crowd to dictate how the game is called. And yes, I know that is why we are undefeated at home. Take last night for example. Alonzo Gee was fouled by two people on that block, but since the crowd went crazy, no whistle. Hollinger was completely run over in the lane in the first half, no whistle. That is fine. In the second half, Jamereo backed one of the Auburn players down, he flopped, whistle blown. At the other end, Jamereo flops, no whistle blown. I just do not understand why they can't call it both ways. I think the SEC is trying to pack these arenas for home games, figuring that the best teams will find a way to win a couple on the road. Remember, the bottom line is always money. It looks like sour grapes because we just played AU. However, Arkansas and Vandy thumped us also on the road. Thoughts??

Here are some thoughts for you... Take your mullet and your primered Camaro.....take your sister-wife and you Skoal....and get out of here.

This BS post should immediately be moved to the Woodshed so I can tell you what I really think.

Here are some thoughts for you... Take your mullet and your primered Camaro.....take your sister-wife and you Skoal....and get out of here.

This BS post should immediately be moved to the Woodshed so I can tell you what I really think.

This was not meant to be mean. I watch all of Alabama's basketball games and have since I was a child. Like I said, we benefit from it when we are at home. I was just wondering what rival fans thought. Again, congratulations on the win.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Personally, I try not to buy into half-baked conspiracy theories.

I commend you for your efforts to come on here and attempt to compliment us on the big win last night. And make no mistake, it was a huge win.

But to then go on a referee rant (which I personally find boring and an attempt to denigrate the integrity of said individuals) is laughable. Does the home crowd have an effect on the way a game is called? Probably, but if so, it is subconciously on the official's part.

In your dream world (what color is the sun there, by the way?), Mike Slive has his minions pass down the word that home teams will get every benefit of every call, and then, when the game is in hand, the officials shall "even up the fouls".

I've heard that Heaven's Gate is reorganizing. I'll dye a pair of Nikes purple for you.

Got Stoli?

Guest Tigrinum Major

I've heard that Heaven's Gate is reorganizing. I'll dye a pair of Nikes purple for you.

Got Stoli?

Classic.

Isn't it a shame that I am not this entertaining in person?

Maybe we should give you a dry-erase board, so you can write down everything you want to say. You'd be much more fun to hang around.

Personally, I try not to buy into half-baked conspiracy theories.

I commend you for your efforts to come on here and attempt to compliment us on the big win last night. And make no mistake, it was a huge win.

But to then go on a referee rant (which I personally find boring and an attempt to denigrate the integrity of said individuals) is laughable. Does the home crowd have an effect on the way a game is called? Probably, but if so, it is subconciously on the official's part.

In your dream world (what color is the sun there, by the way?), Mike Slive has his minions pass down the word that home teams will get every benefit of every call, and then, when the game is in hand, the officials shall "even up the fouls".

Got Stoli?

It is just something I have noticed after years of watching SEC basketball. On the road, you also have to play the officials......Congrats on the win.

Archived