bama Loses Another One

Proud Tiger

Dad gummit, PT. They didn't lose him because they never really wanted him anyway.

Sheesh! :slapfh:

I know, I know but I'm a hard-headed MF :)

Murdock wasnt actively recruited by the current staff,---neither was most all the rest of you recruits. Your spin is really getting weak.

and followed Chris Ball (former staffer who recruited him) to Pitt.--so let me see if I can believe what I'm seeing. YOU just admitted that the kid followed Chris Ball rather than stay put and play for the great almighty. Or better yet, he changed his mind after crawling over glass to get a scholly from bama. Folks this needs to go in the classics

PT, why not use a little logic here?

Since Saban has set foot on campus, he has gone after (and gotten interest from) 4 and 5 star players all over the place. We are having weekend after weekend of top flight visits. And you think he couldn't retain a low rated 3 star guy if he wanted him?

Give me a break.

Since Saban has set foot on campus, he has gone after (and gotten interest from) 4 and 5 star players all over the place. We are having weekend after weekend of top flight visits. And you think he couldn't retain a low rated 3 star guy if he wanted him?

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

You should write for SNL. This is better than junk in a box.

Wow...great rebuttal. You shot my whole point down. Awesome.

Wow...great rebuttal. You shot my whole point down. Awesome.

B, B, B....

When you make a valid point instead of some orgasmic gush of doe-eyed hope, I'll get out the guns.

For that one all I need is a laughtrack.

My point was concrete. We have a littany of 4 and 5 star recruits. This staff is going after the upper of the upper crust...and you think we are worried about losing a (barely) 3 star DB? It doesn't add up. And you throwing out some crap about "ha ha thats funny" is not a way to refute my claim.

My point was concrete. We have a littany of 4 and 5 star recruits. This staff is going after the upper of the upper crust...and you think we are worried about losing a (barely) 3 star DB? It doesn't add up. And you throwing out some crap about "ha ha thats funny" is not a way to refute my claim.

A lot of these 5 star guys are looking at a few other schools. What if Bama doesn't get any of them? Some of these four star guys are tough to get as well.

It's commendable to go after the big guys, but you don't want to lose the guys you had at their expense. If you lose them, you darn better get someone to replace him.

Basically what you are saying is that Saban is going after guys UA hasn't received verbal commitments from yet. So any guy that did commit to UA, Saban deserves zero credit for. Why lose those guys? Saban should have his staff keeping whomever he can. You play for the University, not for a coach.

And btw - didn't Saban go after Cooper? So you are saying he can go after a low-rated 3 star guy like Cooper, but not this boy that is leaving for Pitt? Keep digging...

What you have is a claim. A claim is an unsupported fact based on nothing. A claim is mere supposition.

A litany? *chuckle* Auburn has a plethora of recruits. A veritable cornucopia. All of them have at least eleventy-six stars. At LEAST. It's true because I claim it.

We are going after that really hot steam that sort of hangs above the upper crust of the crust.

A lot of these 5 star guys are looking at a few other schools. What if Bama doesn't get any of them? Some of these four star guys are tough to get as well.

It's commendable to go after the big guys, but you don't want to lose the guys you had at their expense. If you lose them, you darn better get someone to replace him.

Basically what you are saying is that Saban is going after guys UA hasn't received verbal commitments from yet. So any guy that did commit to UA, Saban deserves zero credit for. Why lose those guys? Saban should have his staff keeping whomever he can. You play for the University, not for a coach.

And btw - didn't Saban go after Cooper? So you are saying he can go after a low-rated 3 star guy like Cooper, but not this boy that is leaving for Pitt? Keep digging...

Cooper rates out better on film than Murdock. And Sherod wasn't contacted by the current staff, so that tells me a lot.

What you have is a claim. A claim is an unsupported fact based on nothing. A claim is mere supposition.

A litany? *chuckle* Auburn has a plethora of recruits. A veritable cornucopia. All of them have at least eleventy-six stars. At LEAST. It's true because I claim it.

We are going after that really hot steam that sort of hangs above the upper crust of the crust.

Don't forget UAT traded up for QBs ... by not taking the QB from FL who was rated in the top 15 for the QB from CA who was rated in the top 50 ... surely you see this as an improvement ... this is so obvious.

calling players already committed to other schools (some already enrolled!) and getting visits from big names does not add up to "getting 4 and 5 star recruits." getting them to come eat on your dime, yes. getting them to play for your football team, no. have they committed? have they signed a LOI? get back to me when that "litany" is putting on houndstooth hats, and also make sure and get back to me after that 8 straight iron bowl win streak. conceal your saboner, good sirs.

The Mobile Press Register reported today that some of the prospects who are leaving were told to look elsewhere by Saban. They implied that Saban told said recruits if they wanted to come to UA and be on the team he would honor the offer, but basically they would never play. They sited LaMarcus Williams(Guy who went to switched to Ole Miss?) as one of the people this happened to. Running these commits off to open up spots might be a great moves if they land every one of these prospects they are now courting, but what happens if most of the guys stick with their original decions/leans? UA may end up wishing that they had stood by a few more of these commits.

calling players already committed to other schools (some already enrolled!) and getting visits from big names does not add up to "getting 4 and 5 star recruits." getting them to come eat on your dime, yes. getting them to play for your football team, no. have they committed? have they signed a LOI? get back to me when that "litany" is putting on houndstooth hats, and also make sure and get back to me after that 8 straight iron bowl win streak. conceal your saboner, good sirs.

Or apparently on the Miami Dolphins dime 'til they cut off the phone! :big:

BG, I mean this too....what 4-5 Star players are going to bama the next few weeks....

i am curious

Any player who visits Bama will have his rating upped to 4 or 5 stars by Rivals. Steve Urkel would rate four stars if his car broke down in Tuscaloosa and he had a sandwich at Woodrow's BBQ while he waited for it to get fixed.

Any player who visits Bama will have his rating upped to 4 or 5 stars by Rivals. Steve Urkel would rate four stars if his car broke down in Tuscaloosa and he had a sandwich at Woodrow's BBQ while he waited for it to get fixed.

Rivals rankings are very good. Much better than scout.

Rivals rankings are very good. Much better than scout.

Of course they are. To you.

PT, why not use a little logic here?

Give me a break.

But, BG, so you have visits. How many verbal committments has Bama gotten?

Archived