bama Loses Another One

Proud Tiger

Of course they are. To you.

Uhh they are ...to everyone. Scout does a piss poor job of evaluations. They get film from the soph and maybe junior seasons and they never reevaluate. Rivals, on the other hand...does evaluations about every other month. They actually go out and see these kids play.

Scout also totally ignores keeping up on juco players or prep school players.

But, BG, so you have visits. How many verbal committments has Bama gotten?

Most of our big visits will come over the next 2 weekends. And the only commitments that count are the ones on signing day.

My point was concrete. We have a littany of 4 and 5 star recruits. This staff is going after the upper of the upper crust...and you think we are worried about losing a (barely) 3 star DB?

Not trying to start a pissing match here BG, but this is the kind of arrogance I'm talking about. I can see your small point through the trees but to keep puffing the ole' chest out over recruits coming to Tuscaloosa and stuffing their pieholes gets old after a while. Littany :roflol::puke:

Don't worry Bama will run out of money eventually and all of these 4 and 5 star recruits will go elsewhere.

Not trying to start a pissing match here BG, but this is the kind of arrogance I'm talking about. I can see your small point through the trees but to keep puffing the ole' chest out over recruits coming to Tuscaloosa and stuffing their pieholes gets old after a while. Littany

Sorry for the spelling error. Sheesh. I guess they are so infrequent in my posts that you guys have to make a big deal out of it.

Anyway. I wasn't trying to be arrogant. I was stating fact. Whether we land the 4 and 5 stars or not is immaterial. It shows we are going after a higher caliber of player than the one we lost in Murdock. We may not get the players we are going after...but that wasn't the original premise of the thread.

Of course they are. To you.

Uhh they are ...to everyone. Scout does a piss poor job of evaluations. They get film from the soph and maybe junior seasons and they never reevaluate. Rivals, on the other hand...does evaluations about every other month. They actually go out and see these kids play.

Scout also totally ignores keeping up on juco players or prep school players.

But, BG, so you have visits. How many verbal committments has Bama gotten?

Most of our big visits will come over the next 2 weekends. And the only commitments that count are the ones on signing day.

OK, let's try again. How many commitments do you have at Alabama at this moment in time?

PT, why not use a little logic here?

Since Saban has set foot on campus, he has gone after (and gotten interest from) 4 and 5 star players all over the place. We are having weekend after weekend of top flight visits. And you think he couldn't retain a low rated 3 star guy if he wanted him?

Give me a break.

Yeah!!!!! All you Barners know that Alabama NEVER cares about nothing but stars!!! ;)

I like you BamaGrad03, but everyone knows that Murdock was still being recruited by Saban and his staff. He may not have been on the STARS list, but I can tell you that STARS did not give us 5 straight wins.

Murdock himself says that he had no contact with Saban and staff.

That doesn't matter. If it doesn't fit there argument, then it never really happened.

OK, let's try again. How many commitments do you have at Alabama at this moment in time?

I don't understand. Why would someone commit to Alabama before they visited?

That doesn't matter. If it doesn't fit there argument, then it never really happened.

Exactly! So answer the question how many commits does Bama have?? This is an easy question. And I will second the point that youre posts keep getting more and more harsh and arrogant. You have been a great friend to the board but the pipe dreams are getting to your head. The tide is to be rolled not rolled and smoked!

Regards

PLAYOFF

Exactly! So answer the question how many commits does Bama have?? This is an easy question. And I will second the point that youre posts keep getting more and more harsh and arrogant. You have been a great friend to the board but the pipe dreams are getting to your head. The tide is to be rolled not rolled and smoked!

Regards

PLAYOFF

Guess we have our answer (sort of) on the commits. BG doesn't want to tell us.

This staff is going after the upper of the upper crust...

And they're NOT getting them. I love this game...let's play some more!!! :)

:au::homer:

Since it's obvious BG does not want to tell us, I looked on Rivals and Scouts. Bama has 14 commits and Auburn has 21.

What point does that make? Southern Cal only has 13.

The point it makes is that you were asked the question twice, did not seem to want to answer it, so I got the answer myself.

What point does that make? Southern Cal only has 13.

The point it makes is that you were asked the question twice, did not seem to want to answer it, so I got the answer myself.

I didn't answer it because I didn't see the point of the question.

Well, sorry to burst the bubble... but 'Bama just went into West Monroe and stole an :lsu: 4 star.

Well, sorry to burst the bubble... but 'Bama just went into West Monroe and stole an :lsu: 4 star.

Is this part of the "if you shop, we shop" philsophy? You know, the one where a commit is supposed to remain a commit. You know, the one where the only time it's okay to say one thing and do another is when it benefits Saban? Just curious, you know.

Is this part of the "if you shop, we shop" philsophy? You know, the one where a commit is supposed to remain a commit. You know, the one where the only time it's okay to say one thing and do another is when it benefits Saban? Just curious, you know.

The whole "if you shop, we shop" business is a bunch of crap. IMO, it's nothing more than a line thrown out there to the media. Just because Shula was prepared to sign a 5'10" DB who runs a 4.8... doesn't mean Saban has to. He'll go after who he wants to sign, and apparently, cut the ones loose who he doesn't want.

There's a new sheriff in town.

West Monroe? He been tested for steroids?

Just um....curious..... <_<

WHOO HOO...one in a row!!! And with all the losses, you still have...what...14-15 recruits? :moon:

Archived