GAMEDAY!!!! and Game thread

AUHansel

Once again, it is gameday on the plains!! Today, our beloved Tigers face #1 Florida. I'm on my way to tailgate right now. War Eagle!!!

hey we beat em' once when they were highly ranked.....now lets do it in basketball!!!!

After we win, i hope to here the chant "Just Like football!"......lol

War Eagle! :cheer:

Game starting out as I feared. Florida is an experienced team and #1 in the nation for a reason, besides being the defending NC. Our guys have played some great SEC basketball, but I think UF may be too much for us to handle even at home.

Florida up by 15 with over 7 minutes in the first half.

This is a "hang with them reasonably close till halftime" game and hope for the best. Dollard is in foul trouble already....

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Hey we are just turning the corner. Florida is 30 miles on down the road. Man they are good....

The difference is the 3 point fg's. Florida's hit 5. We've hit 0. The officiating sucks as well. Were the refs even watching the gators or did they just assume that we would be the only team to make mistakes?

well....the first half is over

Both teams played well, florida may be too much for us though.

What i dont understand is how many dang

FOULS THESE REFS ARE CALLING!!!!

urghhh frustrating, but maybe we can get something going in the second half.

Noah is being shutdown. That is one good thing.

We half got to hit some 3's.

Come on Tigers! Just like football!!!!

:au: > :uf:

At least their lead did not get any bigger before halftime. :lol:

Seriously though, we are not playing near as well as we did the other night against UAT. If we did, this would be a ballgame right now because UF is not dominating us, we are shooting ourselves in the foot with the same thing that has hurt us most of the year...poor shot selection. For UF to be so much bigger then us, they are not out rebounding us that much either.

The difference is the 3 point fg's. Florida's hit 5. We've hit 0. The officiating sucks as well. Were the refs even watching the gators or did they just assume that we would be the only team to make mistakes?

Hey AeroTiger!

lol...he must have posted while i was typing my post.

I agree with everything he said.

I think our guys are very nervous and a little tight with the ball. We are just jelling guys. This is a tough game to watch. We need to make sure the boys dont get frustrated and really implode. Stay cool andf relax and the balls will fall.

It's as if the refs are thinking 'Whenever Florida doesn't make a shot, we'll just call a foul on Auburn."

Rod Bramblett is saying the same thing on the radio

I say it's still great to be an :au: TIGER!! We played a very good :uf: team and we were just outmatched which is what :uf: does to a lot of teams. I am still proud of Lebo and can't wait to see what this guy does with the team in the future.

UF played some damn good defense all game. We never got into our offense (just sat back and waited for something to happen). Refs were terrible. Tolbert didn't get the ball enough. We have a lot of work to do, but I'm not dissapointed(except for missing all those free throws), we did play the #1 team in the nation. I wish some things would have gone better but I had a good time today. War Eagle!

...and autigeremt and I had some fun tailgating behind the baseball field. Got a decent amount of people out there and it was a good time.

I say it's still great to be an :au: TIGER!! We played a very good :uf: team and we were just outmatched which is what :uf: does to a lot of teams. I am still proud of Lebo and can't wait to see what this guy does with the team in the future.

Totally agree. These ;au: Tigers are growing up. They have almost zero upperclassmen leadership.

Archived