Bama losing another recruit?

Tigermike

No link, but there are a few reports that Kourtnei Brown has now committed to North Carolina this week end.

But I guess Bama didn't want him any way. <_<

Oh, and 'Bama just nabbed another 4 star. Demetrius Goode, a 4 star RB who had no interest in Alabama pre-Saban, just decommitted from UK and decided to roll the Tide. Schweet! :thumbsup:

This means we got Sidell Corley? :cheer:

As far as I'm concerned, you can have Corley. I talked to a guy who's son played at McGill Toolen and he said that he is a big sissy. He might be big, but if he gets hit in the mouth he quits. And Goode is ranked the 98th best running back by scout and he's a 3-star.

Good example of #2 on my recruiting guide!

Goode is ranked higher by Rivals, so Bama fans use the Rivals rating.

Goode is ranked lower by Scout, Auburn fans use the Scout rating.

You guys sure learn fast. :big:

As far as I'm concerned, you can have Corley. I talked to a guy who's son played at McGill Toolen and he said that he is a big sissy. He might be big, but if he gets hit in the mouth he quits. And Goode is ranked the 98th best running back by scout and he's a 3-star.

Really? Your coach hasn't said that. He offered Corley a scholly (as well as 1k other schools). Tell your friend that if his son was good enough, he could've beaten out Corley. Put your arm around his back and tell him it will be okay...

Goode is a 4 star player according to Rivals, the recruiting service that everyone agrees is the best.

Really? Your coach hasn't said that. He offered Corley a scholly (as well as 1k other schools). Tell your friend that if his son was good enough, he could've beaten out Corley. Put your arm around his back and tell him it will be okay...

Actually, we backed off Corley and had zero interest in recruiting him any further...or do you need further explanation as to why a kid who grew up an Auburn fan recieved no invitation to even take an official visit? Corley is soft and his dad is a total tool, its the truth and any insider would tell you this.

Yeah, the offer was pulled allright... by Corley when he decided that he didn't want to come to your school. I'm not trying to flame you guys, but don't play the "we didn't want him anyway" card with the #2 prospect in Alabama when you've openly offered him a scholarship.

Scout doesn't re-evaluate prep schoolers. Based on his high school video, his 4 star rivals ranking is worthy.

As far as Kourtnei Brown is concerned...his last visit is always where he is going. Two weeks ago he was overwhelmingly enamored by Bama and just wanted to take the Clemson visit because he told them he would. Then after the clemson visit he was ready to sign on the dotted line. Same deal with the UNC visit.

Can't find any information on any de-commit from Kourtnei Brown but the turds did add an Underwood kid from Vestavia, a 6-4 215 pound tight end rated a 1 star and the 3 star Goode kid from Georgia, a RB. Life is hard in "T" Town these days. :au:

Oh, and 'Bama just nabbed another 4 star. Demetrius Goode, a 4 star RB who had no interest in Alabama pre-Saban, just decommitted from UK and decided to roll the Tide. Schweet! :thumbsup:

We've been rolling the tahd too...!!! :poke:

:au::homer:

Can't find any information on any de-commit from Kourtnei Brown but the turds did add an Underwood kid from Vestavia, a 6-4 215 pound tight end rated a 1 star and the 3 star Goode kid from Georgia, a RB. Life is hard in "T" Town these days. :au:

I have no link, but I also read that Brown is going to Carolina....

:au::homer:

Scout doesn't re-evaluate prep schoolers. Based on his high school video, his 4 star rivals ranking is worthy.

As far as Kourtnei Brown is concerned...his last visit is always where he is going. Two weeks ago he was overwhelmingly enamored by Bama and just wanted to take the Clemson visit because he told them he would. Then after the clemson visit he was ready to sign on the dotted line. Same deal with the UNC visit.

He had 20 touchdowns for Hargrave this past year. He is no Enrique but he is a good running back. He is the best player so far that $aban has got a commitment from.

Yeah, the offer was pulled allright... by Corley when he decided that he didn't want to come to your school. I'm not trying to flame you guys, but don't play the "we didn't want him anyway" card with the #2 prospect in Alabama when you've openly offered him a scholarship.

Tubs and staff cooled on Corley right before he committed to UF.

From what I understand...they cool on every player right before said player decides not to go to Auburn.

From what I understand...they cool on every player right before said player decides not to go to Auburn.

And that is a bad thing?

And that is a bad thing?

just means that you cant admit that the kid wanted to go else where.

How is that? When you can tell you have no chance at the kid or he does not fit what your doing.

So we should have stuck around like you guys and get Tebowed? That's got to be getting sore by now.

Sorry, but you're flat out wrong. Every inside source I've spoken to has confirmed this, and I speak with about 3-4 confirmed sources regularly. You never answered my question, and thats because it completely kills your arguement: if we were actively recruiting Corley, then why didn't we bother to even extend an Official Visit to him after it was clear that he wasn't going to sign with the Gators? Just so you know, its been known for a few months now that Corley was going to de-commit from UF...we never bothered to get back into the race for him, period. Sidell openly admitted this summer that out of the two instate programs he favoured Auburn, and we also have a big need at his position: he would have taken an official visit, but he was never offered one.

PS: I think you need to re-think the idea of "offering a scholarship." Yeah we offered Corley a scholarship...about 6-8 months ago. You think scholarship status remains the same throughout the year? HELL NO. Schools offer and withdraw scholarships all year round, as team needs change and spots fill up. Just because Corley is listed as having a scholarship doesn't mean he still has one. Teams also just flat out stop recruiting players and TELL THEM that they dont want them to commit to them because they're looking elsewhere. Sites like Scout (where you probably saw that Corley HAD an offer from us) rarely pick up on this as they almost never update their scholarship status'. You want an example of this? Auburn openly offered scholarships to the following Running Backs: Caleb King, Enrique Davis, Jonathan Dwyer, and Bo Williams. As the year went on we flat out KNEW that we would get one of King or Davis, so what does that do with Dwyer or Williams? They had offers as well, but the coaching staff notified both players that we were going in another direcrtion and that they should focus on other schools...and they did: Dwyer almost instantly became very interested in Georgia Tech and Williams favoured Pitt and FSU (before Florida offered him). You want another example? Look at Phelon Jones. Our staff flat out didn't like him as much as Rivals and Scout does and we made ZERO effort to recruit him even after he de-commited from Miami. Like Corley, Jones is probably listed as recieving a scholarship but in reality he never had an offer at all.

It's not always the case, as we are pursuing some other guys (like a MSU commit right now).

But for the most part, Alabama does have the advantage to pursue prospects that earlier were not looking at Bama. Having a new coach, especially a hot one like Saban, does help. It gives "Alabama" another shot because they can use a new "pitch." Saban has nothing to lose by going after new guys. If Shula were there, the kid probably wouldn't look at Bama again. But it swings both ways, with the new coach, you also might lose some earlier commits.

if we were actively recruiting Corley, then why didn't we bother to even extend an Official Visit to him after it was clear that he wasn't going to sign with the Gators?

I'll answer that. He didnt decide that until last week...when UF signed two more highly ranked DEs. One switched his verbal from ND. He had two weekends left for a visit, and he told everyone LSU would be his last visit.

AU may have backed off of him because they thought he was going to UF...but dont act like they wouldn't love to have him.

if we were actively recruiting Corley, then why didn't we bother to even extend an Official Visit to him after it was clear that he wasn't going to sign with the Gators?

I'll answer that. He didnt decide that until last week...when UF signed two more highly ranked DEs. One switched his verbal from ND. He had two weekends left for a visit, and he told everyone LSU would be his last visit.

AU may have backed off of him because they thought he was going to UF...but dont act like they wouldn't love to have him.

BG, it's pretty obvious that no matter what facts are presented to you, you are always going see the world through crimson glasses. Auburn does not want Corley, we are loaded at DE and he is overrated. He is not even the best player on his team, the best player on his team is going to Kentucky. Believe what you want to believe but as your lying coach says, "it is what it is."

Archived