Bama losing another recruit?

Tigermike

BG, it's pretty obvious that no matter what facts are presented to you, you are always going see the world through crimson glasses. Auburn does not want Corley, we are loaded at DE and he is overrated. He is not even the best player on his team, the best player on his team is going to Kentucky. Believe what you want to believe but as your lying coach says, "it is what it is."

Yeah, at least you guys realize that it's everyone else that's biased...and you guys are the only straight shooters.

if we were actively recruiting Corley, then why didn't we bother to even extend an Official Visit to him after it was clear that he wasn't going to sign with the Gators?

I'll answer that. He didnt decide that until last week...when UF signed two more highly ranked DEs. One switched his verbal from ND. He had two weekends left for a visit, and he told everyone LSU would be his last visit.

AU may have backed off of him because they thought he was going to UF...but dont act like they wouldn't love to have him.

Obviously the staff wanted him WHEN they offered the scholly. Love to have him? Who, me? No. I couldn't care much less about having him--not sour grapes or anything. Just that he didn't choose to come when we offered and I wish him the best of luck. He chose UF and now it's off to who knows where. Maybe UA. When you are already sporting a top 10 class, it's hard to get real upset over not getting a player who doesn't even have a current offer. Now, of the players that we are actively seeking: McNeil, Bynes, Carter, Fairley, Gibson, Paul, Howard, Alexander, Johnson, etc. Those are the names I'm concerned with. Guys we are actually recruiting NOW. Not ones we recruitED months ago.

if we were actively recruiting Corley, then why didn't we bother to even extend an Official Visit to him after it was clear that he wasn't going to sign with the Gators?

I'll answer that. He didnt decide that until last week...when UF signed two more highly ranked DEs. One switched his verbal from ND. He had two weekends left for a visit, and he told everyone LSU would be his last visit.

AU may have backed off of him because they thought he was going to UF...but dont act like they wouldn't love to have him.

Nope. Florida told Corley to start looking elsewhere about a month or two ago because frankly they got fed up with his father. Like I said, Corley de-commiting from Florida has been known for a WHILE now. Sidell and his family may have kept their mouths shut but everybody who is connected to his recruitment has known. Why would they keep their mouths shut? Because they can play it off like it was Florida's fault, and thats exactly what they did. His fathers excuse was that Florida recruited more DE's than they were lead to believe would happen - in reality the reason why Florida even continued to go after guys like Trappou was because they already knew that Sidell wasn't going to be a part of the class, and one of their other DE commits (Howard) was taking further visits as well.

"but dont act like they wouldn't love to have him."

Uhh, no, they wouldn't "love" to have him. Why would you "love" to have a guy who you blatently stopped recruiting? I can already sense you folks cheering Corley like he's going to be some sort of Saban super-steal, but this kid has "outside interference" that will affect him. Sidell's father is far too involved in the recruiting process and he's the type of guy who'd argue with coaches over his son's playingtime or status. Want to hear a true story? Sidell's father brought Sidell to several camps this summer and get this - he didn't allow him to perform in any of the drills or activities. The guy is like an auto-salesman, he's been selling his son all year long even longafter he had commited to Florida, which is why they flat-out told him to look elsewhere.

Whi is courtnei brown?

He's this guy that Bamar wanted, but he's going to North Carolina. :lol:

:au::homer:

The guy is like an auto-salesman, he's been selling his son all year long even longafter he had commited to Florida, which is why they flat-out told him to look elsewhere.

Is that why they did an in home visit a few days before he said he was no longer committed to UF?

The guy is like an auto-salesman, he's been selling his son all year long even longafter he had commited to Florida, which is why they flat-out told him to look elsewhere.

Is that why they did an in home visit a few days before he said he was no longer committed to UF?

BG - What is going to be your explanation now that CANS has started to cool on SC? Heard that he is focusing his efforts on the DE front elsewhere but will take him if he wants to come because he is oversigning this class.

BG - What is going to be your explanation now that CANS has started to cool on SC? Heard that he is focusing his efforts on the DE front elsewhere but will take him if he wants to come because he is oversigning this class.

Your information seems to be incorrect. We are going after more DEs because we may lose Kourtnei Brown. But we are still heavily recruiting Corley.

Your information seems to be incorrect. We are going after more DEs because we may lose Kourtnei Brown. But we are still heavily recruiting Corley.

It's obvious you are not going to see the light on this issue. So let's wait to signing day to finish this conversation. ;)

It's obvious you are not going to see the light on this issue. So let's wait to signing day to finish this conversation.

Yeah...unlike you guys...I won't say we cooled on him just because he signs with someone else. :)

It's obvious you are not going to see the light on this issue. So let's wait to signing day to finish this conversation.

Yeah...unlike you guys...I won't say we cooled on him just because he signs with someone else. :)

No you guys just say "We didn't want him anyway!" <_<

Archived