McKnight Update?

quietfan

There was a flurry of talk about running back McKnight a week or less ago, but I haven't heard much since...is that simply because there's been no change? Has he scheduled any announcement prior to signing day?

Most assumed he was pretty much an LSU or USC lock, but the Bammers got all excited because he agreed to visit. I still lean toward the LSU/USC theory, but then it wasn't too long ago that Davis was all LSU and down on Saban...

He's announcing Tuesday, I believe....

:au::homer:

You are thinking of McNeil...who originally had it down to AU and FSU. But he said his visit to UA was so good this weekend, that he's cancelled his announcement date, as he has "things to think about" now.

As far as McKnight is concerned, he will visit the weekend of Feb 2nd. So I doubt he announces much before signing day.

You are thinking of McNeil...who originally had it down to AU and FSU. But he said his visit to UA was so good this weekend, that he's cancelled his announcement date, as he has "things to think about" now.

As far as McKnight is concerned, he will visit the weekend of Feb 2nd. So I doubt he announces much before signing day.

how come every time a recruit is selecting between two school and neither of them bama, then they visit bama, and all of a sudden....they "have things to think about"?? Sounds like a big ego trip on your part bg.... I know you love to think that uat can just take whoever they want, but that isn't reality. I know you think that uat is the greatest thing in the entire world and that they invented the game of football....but please leave your ego behind when you venture in here. UAT is no better than anybody else, and its time you realized that...and quit building them up as the greatest of everything... Did he say that?? I don't know...don't really care, but the info has no credibility when it comes from someone with their uat ego in the way....

Oh, and we all know what will happen if/when he decides to go to Auburn or FSU.....uaters will come around and say how you really didn't want him at bammer anyway..

how come every time a recruit is selecting between two school and neither of them bama, then they visit bama, and all of a sudden....they "have things to think about"?? Sounds like a big ego trip on your part bg.... I know you love to think that uat can just take whoever they want, but that isn't reality. I know you think that uat is the greatest thing in the entire world and that they invented the game of football....but please leave your ego behind when you venture in here. UAT is no better than anybody else, and its time you realized that...and quit building them up as the greatest of everything... Did he say that?? I don't know...don't really care, but the info has no credibility when it comes from someone with their uat ego in the way....

Oh, and we all know what will happen if/when he decides to go to Auburn or FSU.....uaters will come around and say how you really didn't want him at bammer anyway..

per rivals, he did say that. meltdown unnecessary.

Mcknight had a GREAT visit according to many LSU analysts. At this point, its looking like LSU with the location, and wanting family to watch him play. At this point:

LSU- 50%

USC-45%

Bammers-5%

Sorry bammers, but it looks like you guys got into the race WAY too late.

I think its LSU for McKnight. He was way up on USC before this Reggie Bush stuff. Now he's backed off considerably.

And PCola, I was merely quoting McNeil.

he did have a point though. your smugness rating is absolutely off the charts. let's see what daddy nick has done thus far...

LOST:

4-star QB Robert Marve(Miami)

4-star WR Jermaine McKenzie(Miami)

4-star DE Kortnie Brown(Still undecided)

3-star DT Lemarcus Williams(Ole Miss)

GAINED:

4-star DT Luther Davis

4-star Backflipper Kerry Murphy (who would have come even if shula were still there)

4-star RB Demetrius Goode

3-star QB Nick Fanuzzi

0-star TE Chris Underwood

just about breaking even. it is certainly impressive that he's getting so many to look his way, but until signing day, i wouldn't keep honking so hard. getting visits is jack squat.

he did have a point though. your smugness rating is absolutely off the charts. let's see what daddy nick has done thus far...

LOST:

GAINED:

4-star DT Luther Davis

3-star QB Nick Fanuzzi

until signing day, i wouldn't keep honking so hard. getting visits is jack squat.

What was "smug" about his post? Quoting what McNeil says is all of the sudden smug b/c it doesn't benefit you? And, yes, we want McNeil. And unlike your fans with Davis and Corley, we won't be toting out the "we didn't want him anyway" line. Yeah, we want McNeil. Badly.

Lost? McKenzie left 'Bama wayyyyy before Saban came. And yes, I would have loved to have gotten McKenzie because he looked to be a great player. Marve was told to take a hike. Whether that is in the press is not the question. It's pretty obvious that Saban cut him loose in favor of Fanuzzi. "But, Marve is rated 4 slots higher!!" Yes, I know. But to Saban, stars don't mean crap. See: signing of Underwood. Luther Davis? We went into West Monroe, LA and nabbed a 4 star LSU committment. If LSU came into Alabama and stole Chapman from AU, I'm sure it'd be a pretty big deal as well.

LOST:

GAINED:

4-star DT Luther Davis

3-star QB Nick Fanuzzi

until signing day, i wouldn't keep honking so hard. getting visits is jack squat.

What was "smug" about his post? Quoting what McNeil says is all of the sudden smug b/c it doesn't benefit you? And, yes, we want McNeil. And unlike your fans with Davis and Corley, we won't be toting out the "we didn't want him anyway" line. Yeah, we want McNeil. Badly.

Lost? Marve was told to take a hike. Whether that is in the press is not the question. It's pretty obvious that Saban cut him loose in favor of Fanuzzi. "But, Marve is rated 4 slots higher!!" Yes, I know. But to Saban, stars don't mean crap. See: signing of Underwood. Luther Davis? We went into West Monroe, LA and nabbed a 4 star LSU committment. If LSU came into Alabama and stole Chapman from AU, I'm sure it'd be a pretty big deal as well.

first, see that i updated a bit once i realized i had forgotten some. also, his smugness is apparent in other posts, which is, i'm assuming, where pcola's tirade stems from. we will most certainly NOT claim we didn't want mcneil if we lose him to alabama. it would be a huge loss for us to have him hit tuscaloosa. but it would also be absolutely fishy as hell. chapman i can see going over to the pink side. mcneil is another story.

and give me a break with all this crap about saban telling kids to take a hike and not being worried about stars (re: underwood). word on some of the boards is underwood is a package deal for another commit that i won't name. it's probably garbage, but otherwise why would saban sign a kid who by all accounts is not nearly physical enough to play at the TE position in the sec? maybe he does see something, but no one else does. luther davis really IS an impressive double-agent style attack. i've never seen someone lie that hard. this month, anyway.

first, see that i updated a bit once i realized i had forgotten some. also, his smugness is apparent in other posts, which is, i'm assuming, where pcola's tirade stems from. we will most certainly NOT claim we didn't want mcneil if we lose him to alabama. it would be a huge loss for us to have him hit tuscaloosa. but it would also be absolutely fishy as hell. chapman i can see going over to the pink side. mcneil is another story.

and give me a break with all this crap about saban telling kids to take a hike and not being worried about stars (re: underwood). word on some of the boards is underwood is a package deal for another commit that i won't name. it's probably garbage, but otherwise why would saban sign a kid who by all accounts is not nearly physical enough to play at the TE position in the sec? maybe he does see something, but no one else does. luther davis really IS an impressive double-agent style attack. i've never seen someone lie that hard. this month, anyway.

So because I repeat a report that a kid said his visit to Alabama was an "eye opener" and I won't agree with you that we have to pay kids (read cheat) to get them to come to Alabama...I'm being SMUG? Give me a break.

I haven't been condescending. I haven't done much short of post facts/updates. No, I will not admit that we have to cheat to get a 4 star kid who LIVES in Alabama. Not when we have top 5 facilities, a coach who has a recent national title ring and two sec champ rings, a coach who is KNOWN for putting DBs in the NFL, and a coach who coaches DBs HIMSELF...

I think it is YOU who are being SMUG and arrogant to think that there's no way anyone would ever pick Alabama over Auburn without Bama paying them.

I think it is YOU who are being SMUG and arrogant to think that there's no way anyone would ever pick Alabama over Auburn without Bama paying them.

They wouldn't. Seems like a simple concept to me. :poke:

So because I repeat a report that a kid said his visit to Alabama was an "eye opener" and I won't agree with you that we have to pay kids (read cheat) to get them to come to Alabama...I'm being SMUG? Give me a break.

I haven't been condescending. I haven't done much short of post facts/updates. No, I will not admit that we have to cheat to get a 4 star kid who LIVES in Alabama. Not when we have top 5 facilities, a coach who has a recent national title ring and two sec champ rings, a coach who is KNOWN for putting DBs in the NFL, and a coach who coaches DBs HIMSELF...

wait wait wait, you replied to something i said with capitalized words, so now it's my turn to say i'm glad i could get you all riled up and that it made my night, rugburn. once again, if he switches that fast and that hard, there was green (or some other material goods) involved.

Correct...so I think I'll go to McDonald's...and forget the whole thing ever happened. :)

LOST:

GAINED:

4-star DT Luther Davis

4-star Backflipper Kerry Murphy (who would have come even if shula were still there)

4-star RB Demetrius Goode

3-star QB Nick Fanuzzi

just about breaking even. it is certainly impressive that he's getting so many to look his way, but until signing day, i wouldn't keep honking so hard. getting visits is jack squat.

Except that Luther won't qualify. B)

Sorry BG and Win but the announcement is back on for Tuesday and it is down to AU and FSU. I haven't seen any of you guys mention Nick Fairley's comments after his visit to T-Town, "not impressed at all".

Sorry BG and Win but the announcement is back on for Tuesday and it is down to AU and FSU. I haven't seen any of you guys mention Nick Fairley's comments after his visit to T-Town, "not impressed at all".

Where does your info come from?

Scout. Tim Watts from BamaOnLine is the only one that has reported that it might be delayed.

Things might have changed. I know he wasn't even really considering Bama until his visit and his grandfather came away very impressed with Saban.

I was shocked to read Fairley's comments I thought he would be one that Saban locked up this weekend.

JOX is also reporting that the presser is still on.

Really? Wow, first Kerry Murphy now Luther Davis..........are Any of the bammer's commitments gonna

be able to enroll in classes? LOL Is $aban handing out Ice Cream Cones too?

Really? Wow, first Kerry Murphy now Luther Davis..........are Any of the bammer's commitments gonna

be able to enroll in classes? LOL Is $aban handing out Ice Cream Cones too?

They will over sign this class because they know a lot of their prospects will not qualify. Also look for around 10 players that are currently on the team, to not be there by the time summer practice rolls. around. CANS is apparently going to be trimming the fat.

Archived