McNeil Commits

Proud Tiger

Welcome to the family Michael :cheer::au: and War Eagle!

Amen to that! Welcome to AU Michael.

On another note: bammer announces that Michael wasn't bammer material anyway and $atan pulled his offer! LOL

Congrats on a great pickup. Not only is this guy a stud on the field...he has handled himself in a quite classy manner over the course of this whole recruiting deal.

Guest Tigrinum Major

He is ours!!!

We just smashed Slick Nick in the mouth.

Literally? Cause if that's true, it wasn't very nice on our part.

I think this guy will be a great one before it's all over.

Congrats on a great pickup. Not only is this guy a stud on the field...he has handled himself in a quite classy manner over the course of this whole recruiting deal.

In the age of the hat switcheroo, that was refreshing to see. I would like to see the entire process work the same.

AWESOME news! This guys seems to be the real deal. The state's#1 prospect. This is shaping up to be one of the greatest recruiting classes ever.

I'm failing to see how you "smashed him in the mouth."

If we land Corley and Gibson, that would give us 4 of the state's top 5 recruits to your 1. And 6/10 with Phelon Jones being the only Top 10 player to leave the state.

You did get McNeil, a player that we badly wanted. But, you haven't "smashed anybody in the mouth." You should know that.

This is the individual I like play for AU. He has been to UAT, he has seen their dog and pony show, he has listen to Saban tell how great and wonderful they are going to be, and he has said to UAT, "thanks but NO thanks, it is the Loveliest Village for me."

WAR EAGLE!!!

If we land Corley and Gibson, that would give us 4 of the state's top 5 recruits to your 1. And 6/10 with Phelon Jones being the only Top 10 player to leave the state.

You did get McNeil, a player that we badly wanted. But, you haven't "smashed anybody in the mouth." You should know that.

I agree. He wasn't even on the Bama radar until recently it seemed. We just happened to pick up a commit who was originally between AU and FSU. It's not like Auburn stole this big-time commit from Bama. But it is a great commit for Auburn in general.

Good pickup. Oh, wincrimson, its a bit misleading to say you got 4 of the top 5, because 1. Murphy may not even qualify, but if he does lets not forget he didn't even start every game on his high school team this year, What's up with that? 2. Corley was not heavily recruited by AU, even though he grew up an Auburn fan...hmmm, In fact UF stopped pursuing the guy as well, so I guess the coaches of two perennial top ten recruiters decided not to go after him. Makes you wonder. 3. Ryan Pugh has dominated all year, and dominated the Army AA game, and should be top 5 but we know who runs rivals don't we.

Gibson and McClain are EXCELLENT pickups for you guys however, McClain could be a discipline issue judging by his past but you never know about those kind of things.

This is the individual I like play for AU. He has been to UAT, he has seen their dog and pony show, he has listen to Saban tell how great and wonderful they are going to be, and he has said to UAT, "thanks but NO thanks, Coach Riley told me it is the Loveliest Village for me."

WAR EAGLE!!!

Of course you failed to see it. It wasn't on film. Nick rounded a corner and one of our grad assistants just smashed him in the mouth. Nick cried like a baby, too.

Good pickup. Oh, wincrimson, its a bit misleading to say you got 4 of the top 5, because 1. Murphy may not even qualify, but if he does lets not forget he didn't even start every game on his high school team this year, What's up with that? 2. Corley was not heavily recruited by AU, even though he grew up an Auburn fan...hmmm, In fact UF stopped pursuing the guy as well, so I guess the coaches of two perennial top ten recruiters decided not to go after him. Makes you wonder. 3. Ryan Pugh has dominated all year, and dominated the Army AA game, and should be top 5 but we know who runs rivals don't we.

Gibson and McClain are EXCELLENT pickups for you guys however, McClain could be a discipline issue judging by his past but you never know about those kind of things.

That door swings both ways. We never offered Eltoro Freeman. Murphy is a good pickup. He's got a good frame, decent motor.

You can say Corley wasn't heavily recruited, but the guy is a top 100 player in the nation. He has offers from everywhere...and LSU wants him bad. Please dont downplay his abilities simply because AU isnt on his short list.

Thanks BG...I agree...and I wish they'd all do it that way. :)

:au::homer:

Thanks BG...I agree...and I wish they'd all do it that way. :)

:au::homer:

Congratulations. I was hoping we could land him. At least he stayed in state. Both teams need to shut the door on the great players in our state. Roll Tide. B)

That door swings both ways. We never offered Eltoro Freeman. Murphy is a good pickup. He's got a good frame, decent motor.

You can say Corley wasn't heavily recruited, but the guy is a top 100 player in the nation. He has offers from everywhere...and LSU wants him bad. Please dont downplay his abilities simply because AU isnt on his short list.

I actually agree with you BG, except for the SC part. B)

I think it shows how bad the past regime was at evaluating talent.

This is the individual I like play for AU. He has been to UAT, he has seen their dog and pony show, he has listen to Saban tell how great and wonderful they are going to be, and he has said to UAT, "thanks but NO thanks, Coach Riley told me it is the Loveliest Village for me."

WAR EAGLE!!!

So, you are saying that the coach trumped the grandfather?

Which brings up an excellent point that today's recruiting scene is much different than that of 20 years ago and winning the in state battles, while good, won't make or break you especially at Auburn who has had to rely on out of state prospects traditionally because they didn't have the re$ource$ to keep up with our tuscaloosa friends. AU has a great class this year, Bama's is marginal(by elite recruiting standards) right now, if they can steal some late they can move up into a more respectable ranking FWIW.

Which brings up an excellent point that today's recruiting scene is much different than that of 20 years ago and winning the in state battles, while good, won't make or break you especially at Auburn who has had to rely on out of state prospects traditionally because they didn't have the re$ource$ to keep up with our tuscaloosa friends. AU has a great class this year, Bama's is marginal(by elite recruiting standards) right now, if they can steal some late they can move up into a more respectable ranking FWIW.

This is the point I've made repeatedly in the past. Alabama is a small state, population-wise, and just "winning the in-state battle" alone will not be enough to guarantee national success anymore. Plus, the state talent is now diluted further with UAB and Troy competing for it. I'm glad CTT and his staff are getting great talent out of Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, and elsewhere.

This is the point I've made repeatedly in the past. Alabama is a small state, population-wise, and just "winning the in-state battle" alone will not be enough to guarantee national success anymore. Plus, the state talent is now diluted further with UAB and Troy competing for it. I'm glad CTT and his staff are getting great talent out of Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, and elsewhere.

For one, you need to own the state that you are located. It is important, but not everything. The big states that need to almost be a pipeline for the SEC schools are FL, GA, and LA. FL has all the talent in the world, GA always seems to have great running backs and DB's, while LA has everything. I guess it also depends on location. Arkansas needs to get most of its recruits from Texas IMO.

For one, you need to own the state that you are located. It is important, but not everything. The big states that need to almost be a pipeline for the SEC schools are FL, GA, and LA. FL has all the talent in the world, GA always seems to have great running backs and DB's, while LA has everything. I guess it also depends on location. Arkansas needs to get most of its recruits from Texas IMO.

Depends on the state and on the year. In some years, the top 5 in the state of Alabama may not make the top 50 in FL. Yes, you want to do good in your home state, but for AU and UA you better have some kids from GA and FL on you roster. If not I don't think you will compete.

Archived